Day #6 AF - Sept 21, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning To All! What a GLORIOUS morning. Another morning started without the left over haze of a bottle of wine. I had THE BEST night's rest that I've had in months! Despite the baby wanting a bottle at 1:00am and the dog wanting out at 6:00am to puke up the binkie he chewed 'n' swallowed, I was actually able to go back to sleep instead of sitting and thinking of my alcoholism. My drinking has messed with my sleeping habits so much that if I'm able to get a four hour stretch, I'm thrilled. Yet last night, I went to bed at 10:00 and despite the two quick awakenings, slept 'til 7:00. I even had some very vivid dreams. I ask for Heavenly Father's help in getting me through another day and once again thank you all for your stories of honesty and support.
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

:goodjob: Keep up the good work.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Great going MM, that is lovely to hear!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Everyone: Success stories so vividly portrayed are such a motivator for all of us. I also read all of yesterday's thread & got the same feeling of positivity. Sundays are my husb's day to watch football, & that was always my cue to drink (alone). Not so today! I will keep busy & rest as well. I will wake up tomorrow feeling fine instead of miserable both emotionally & physically. Good luck to all. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

way to go MOM it does get better and good luck with your challeng hope to read some more from you gyco

Comment

MormonMom, congratulations on your progress!! You are clearly approaching a task, that is not always an easy one, with a TERRIFIC attitude. Good for you - and good for SLEEP too! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Top of the sunday ABeroonies!!

great positive posts which does my heart good. congrats you all!

felt so nice to sleep in my own bed last night and no alarm clock this morning

in spite of a very busy back-to-back trade show run I never battled any heavy cravings. not even sure why but I'm not complaining!

hoping you all the most loverly of sundays

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X