Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed. Sept 24

Morning all!

I made it successfully through the first of the omw hosted dinner parties this week. Food turned out well, amazing how that works when sober. We had loads of time to visit and catch up. Meaningful conversation is so nice! I did not serve wine or any AL, it was not missed.

Have another sick kiddo home today; he was up during the night with a high fever. Fevers always make me nervous but it?s good to function in the middle of the night without issue. I would say I am pretty tired this morning but regardless, it is nice to have a clear tired head

I have enjoyed reading Janice?s sobriety and recovery thread. I missed you (Janice) a lot during your absence. I am thankful for the encouragement you give and appreciate that you understand why I am a bit wacky.
    Back to the sobriety and recovery?.all the comments and suggestions are so helpful. We each are specific in what triggers us to drink. Any little bit of understanding we garner from each other helps so much. It?s nice to know we are not alone in the booze war.

Happy day to you all

omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Wed. Sept 24

Hi OMW - Know what you mean about having sick kids. My 1 year old has had a fever off and on for the past two days. Yesterday, when it developed into chills, I took her to the ER. Just a virus they told me and said to be aggressive with Tylenol and Motrin. And I must agree with you, much better to deal with it when you can function. Though tired this morning, it's better than being hung over and tired. Yesterday was rough. I wanted to drink after I got out of the ER. Glad to be sober. Thanks for your posts.
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

Wonderful Wed ABerooos!

OMW, glad your hanging in there in spite of lack of sleep.
      Gia , hope you feel right as rain soon.
      MormonMom, amen to being tired as apposed to hungover! I'll take that any day given the choice.

I'm on the road, hopefully a day trip...we'll see.

remember, we are stronger than we give ourselves credit for! I have a blog posted here along those lines if anyone needs to see some bad grammar...er...i mean inspiration

be well my friends
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

Hope you don't mind if I come "home" and post!!! I've missed this thread so much and was a bit thrown off course when I tried mods in the summmer and wasn't sure where I should be posting!! Its good to be back - well, you know what I mean!!!

You, a big wacky OMW???? Well, I'm in that club as well!!! Yeh, I've really got a lot from the recovery thread too, its been so helpful and like Mary, think I will keep going back to it......Mormonmom's idea of a gratitude diary is going well and coincides with me buying Rhonda Byrne's The Secret yesterday.

I can't believe how little time it takes, without alcohol, to feel some benefit. My "happy hormones" are skyhigh compared to Sunday when I was as low as could be. Last weekend I was so so low, I seriously considered driving into a tree. Its only two days without a drink, this is my third but its the feeling of being back in control, back in the driving seat and doing something positive. How powerful the mind is eh? My husband comes home tonight - he's been away a couple of days and doesn't know about my renewed abstinence. He won't drink until Friday night though.

OMW, Hope your little one is feeling better soon and that you don't have another sleepless night. Don't you just LOVE going to bed when you're not drinking? I love that part, knowing that if I wake up in the middle of the night, I can snuggle up and get back to sleep without all the nightime panics, worries, sweating, tossing & turning that I get when I'm drinking.

Gia, hope you feel better soon.....perhaps stay close to MWO today?

There are some people on MWO who are very special to me but I do need to say a special thank you to Beck......for your thoughtfulness, support and inspiration.

love Janicexxx
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

Hi

Hi all! Janice, you sound WONDERFUL!!! OMW and Mormonmom, sorry about sick little ones, I remember them well.................then they turn into sick pitiful teenagers, totally helpless to do anything, BIG BABIES!!:H:H

Gia, hopefully this feeling of not being yourself will pass, those strange days seem fewer and far between as I accrue AF time........

OMW, great job on the dinner!:goodjob:

Everyone else I may have missed, have an AWESOME day!!!

lots of love,:l:h

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

Hello Everyone!

Sorry to hear some of you and yours are not feeling well! Hopefully everyone will be a bit better by sundown!

I know that some of you have talked about triggers before and that has led me to reflect on certain events that make me want to reach for the wine glass.

However, yesterday I experienced something weird. It wasn't like a craving, it felt more like a beast inside of me that needed to be fed. The day was good. Couldn't think of any trigger events except that I haven't had any alcohol for over a week which I haven't done in decades. But, I felt like I NEEDED AL and I would do ANYTHING to get it into my body. I kept askng myself why I had these feelings and I have no idea. Thankfully, I had no AL in the house and my boyfriend got here in time for us to go to the gym then come home and cook a healthy dinner before crashing. But, it was close.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience?

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

Oh, and today, no problem. No cravings, no beast. What the heck!?

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

Thanks GG ~ I'll get those hpno CDs out again.

Fascinating that subconcious mind!

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

TH,

Yep, I've had that happen. Pretty dang strong too. Happens when I'm bored.

Glad the BF made it home in time!!
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

I'm in the same boat with ya TakeHeart. Today's good, but yesterday was a bear!
                    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Wed. Sept 24

Take Heart - I used to have that all the time - it still comes out - as I falter every once in a while.

You did the same thing that really helps me through it - a good workout and then crash!

Glad today was better.:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                      X