10/01 Wed WHO'S COUNTING?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a lil' late at getting my thread out today. For the last couple days, I've had to look at my thread from the day before to see what day I'm on. I decided I don't really want to count. Call it a phase I've entered, but I don't feel like focusing daily on a number. Of course, I still find during the first 30 days that each week is a good marker to celebrate and of course, I will celebrate WHEN, not IF, I reach my initial goal of 30 days. I have a deal with my BFF (Hi Honey!) that I get a gift card when I reach that 30 day mark. I plan on using it to buy myself something permanent that I can look at and be reminded of what it represents.
    I'm feeling GREAT today. It's my 3rd day of getting back to the gym. The online food journal has turned out to be a lil' more time consuming than I intially thought (having to enter my food nutrient facts manually), so that's gone a lil' on the way side. But because I'm working out, I'm not beating myself up about the food thing.
    Just because I'm feeling great, doesn't mean I'm on the "AA Pink Cloud". Trust me, I randomly feel like giving in. Yesterday I was triggered simply by tasting some pasta that I made for dinner. I'm used to having red wine with my pasta. Then, while trying to talk to my best friend on the phone, my kids wouldn't stop yelling and crawling all over me. Another possible trigger. So feeling great doesn't mean it's not still a struggle. But I do feel more confident. I felt FANTASTIC on the treadmill today. And as Bono would say, "IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!"
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

I sure do understand the kid thing. Sadly, I would say they are my biggest triggers and the biggest reason not to drink. Just a nice little package. Two things on my "sobriety issues list" to work on is
    *Learn to live with day to day frustrations
    *Be rational
    That's about all I can do. I have found if I keep those main triggers in control, I do fine.

MM, you've done so well, we are all so proud of you!!
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

you are doing a great job keep on going
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Keep going - you are doing great.
        Know what you mean about the pasta and read wine - that was one of my triggers too.
        Exercise really helps - before I had children and before I started drinking heavily I was a marathon runner (completed 6 including one in uner 4 hrs) but since then I gained about 28lbs. Since quitting alcohol it's coming off steadily at about 1 lb a week and i've started swimming and running and going to the gym again - one day I want to get back to what I was and do another marathon. Once you start to feel really fit you won't want to tarnish your body with alcohol and it'll be even easier to stay AF

Comment

Working...
        X