Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checking in

I really wanted a drink tonight.

I really wanted a glass of white wine (or rather, the whole bottle) tonight, but ate an early supper instead and am drinking decaf iced tea. Husband hit the red wine pretty hard.
    Thank you for your post, retteacher. I know what you mean. We went to a fun family party on Sat. and I was the designated driver and drank diet Sprite and diet tonic and had a really good time in spite of wanting that wine. I'm glad that there isn't any white wine in the house, but even the red looked and smelled good. My guess is that the craving may never go away completely. Glad wine doesn't taste like chocolate!
    I am 13 days AF tonight, which is the longest I've gone in I don't remember when. Maybe 27 years. Frightening to think about, but maybe thinking about it will help me keep my resolve. This site is so very helpful. Thank you all. I read that you need to go at least 30 days if you want to contemplate moderation. I am trying for abstinence, and did go AF for 11 days and 9 days and 3 or 4 days, but got right back into the wine without really pausing and thinking and reading posts. Will keep checking in.

Comment

Working...
    X