I've lost my way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lost my way

Tried to type out my thoughts and feelings about coming back yet again but ended up deleting it. Just can't put into words how disappointed i am with myself.

A big congrats to you Charlee on your year of abstinence.

to all my friends with all my love

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

I've lost my way

Janice, feelings are stronger than words. Words are conduits, they often do not express what we really want to say. I am sorry you are so disappointed with yourself, we are often our worse critics. But, you are back here... stay.

Comment

I've lost my way

Janice,

I am so glad you posted today.

I know more than most how you feel. I have done brilliantly then to fall back into the abyss several times.

It is a horrible feeling, especially when you wake up once again and realize you do not want to be back there.

Please stay with us. You can get back to where you want to be.

Stay.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I've lost my way

Hi Janice, glad you are back here today. I know that was hard to do.

Stick around, and get back on track, OK?

wip

Comment

I've lost my way

hi janice.welcom you came back that is all tht matters gyco

Comment

I've lost my way

Janice..........:l.........you posting here says that you haven`t actually lost your way........you`ve just taken a little detour and.........now you`re rejoining your preferred path.

Don`t beat yourself up too much please. Sometimes being a little disappointed in ourselves does us good though........can give us the incentive to try all the harder next time.

We`re all here for you. Never ever lose hope or faith in yourself. In the beginning.......I had neither hope nor faith in myself.........says anything is possible, Janice.

Star x
            Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

I've lost my way

Hi Janice,

Perhaps you have disappointed yourself for the last time! It's tough to come back. You are welcome and valued here. You know what to do...

Much love,
              Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

I've lost my way

Janice, you are one of the kindest, compassionate and supportive people I have had the privilege of associating with at MWO. You have had difficulties recently most of us can not begin to relate to?.

You have and will always be an inspiration to me. Anyway I can support you, I will,

I am glad you posted, it took courage.

Much love, nat
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

I've lost my way

Janice - I've been really spotty getting onto MWO for the past few months - I checked in today for the 1st time in a few weeks - dust yourself off and stay - I always love reading your posts. I'm at day 6 again.

Comment

I've lost my way

Janice,
                    I so want to say something here. Often the longer you are sober, the more you feel that you simply cant reply to a post like this (well, thats how I feel anyway)... because it can often be taken the wrong way.

I think anyone trying to get sober starts from where you are... lost... but at least you know it and you can start searching for your route out.

Listen to your heart Janice. Be honest with yourself.. and stay honest. There is a lovely world out there waiting for you to participate in it and there is happiness to find... there is. Its hard work.. so set yourself up and expect that its hard.. fortify yourself as best you can.. get your tools ready and get to it.

It IS worth it.
                    Brigid

Comment

I've lost my way

Janice: I had trouble getting into MWO earlier today, & when I finally did get here, I was very, very happy to see your post. You don't have anything to explain to me or to any of us. You're here, & that's all that matters. At least once a week lately, I've been asking the members who were once regulars here (& might be lurking) to please come back & share (even just a little bit). Then OMW wrote the thread "A Thought" & that too felt like an appeal to all out there who might come back but are too embarrassed or ashamed. Please don't feel ashamed. Like all of us, you're human. I can't tell you how many times I've said: "This is it! I'm stopping!" only to go back even after many days. Yesterday was my first AF day after a bad week. I'm sorry for that, but I know w/all my heart that if I leave MWO (even temporarily), I'm doomed. You're back & you're on track. Stay & share when you feel up to it. In the meantime, put the past behind you & get on w/your sobriety. Love, Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

I've lost my way

Janice... you still here? How are you feeling today?

wip

Comment

I've lost my way

Janice,

Read some of your posts from the summer of 2007. They will get you grounded again.

Make this the priority now as it was then.

July

Comment

I've lost my way

Hi Janice
                            I know exactly how you feel. I have fallen back so many times and hated myself. You must never give up. We are here for you. Please let us know how u are.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I've lost my way

Don't give up. We are all here for you.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X