November 8 Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 8 Saturday

WOOHOO!! Ok, washed floors now....getting my groove on! LMAO! Now if I can only get motivated to get on the treadmill...I even have some nice new runners!
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

November 8 Saturday

OMW--watch yourself!! My GF lost part of her finger last weekend from the log splitter!
      OUCH!!!

Christy--you get on over here and help me clean my house, girl!! I finally tackled my office yesterday, and while it looks better, I still have pikes of stuff to sort through and put away!!!
      ARRRGGGHH!!@

Tough morning. Put our friend's dog to sleep. We've kept her for a couple of years now because he is gone alot. She wasn't going to get better, but ti's still a very hard thing to do.
      My kids were a mess!! Will really miss the old girl.:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Oh LVT, I am so sorry.....for you and your kids. That is so awful. I have an 11 1/2yr old Golden Retriever and I will be destroyed when something happens to him. So awful for you to have to go through it. My heart goes out to your friend as well.....how old was the pup?
        AF July 6 2014

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Christy--
          We had a golden that was the best dog I have ever had. Sadly he got cancer and I had to put him to sleep a few years ago--but he was 13! I would love another dog like him!
          Ziggy was 15 we think.
          Thanks for caring.:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

November 8 Saturday

LVT25, So sorry you had to put your dog down. You know how I feel about animals, so my heart truly goes out to you. It is never easy when they leave us and harder still when we have to help them go. She'll still be with you as long as you remember her.

Well, I've been experiencing a new feeling lately. I've almost been a week AF; though I credit being sick for that I did abstain last night even though I bought wine for my husband (his request) and sort of thought I might have a glass. But, I didn't.

However, I've been having a yearning for something undefinable, like when 4:00 rolls around and you start mentally perusing your options for the evening and that craving starts. When my mind hits the wine option it moves on (reluctantly) but there seems to be a hole there. Its like I'm craving something that doesn't exist. Its a kind of scary lonely feeling that sometimes makes me feel like sobriety is kind of boring. Maybe because for me dinner time has always been the exciting time when hubby comes home and I make him a nice meal and we listen to music and drink and have fun? Now its just, "Hi Dear, here's your pork and beans, lets go watch TV?" This probably doesn't make much sense, but if anyone has any insight, please enlighten me.

Cold foggy day here on the West Coast. Going to have dinner in the city tonight with some old friends of my husband's (Indian food! Yum!). I will be the designated driver.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

November 8 Saturday

YAY ME! I went on the treadmill!!!!
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Spottydingo, I went through the 'empty' feeling phase myself and yes it's pretty lousy but the good news is that it passed after a couple weeks. hang in there! good time to pick up on old hobbies etc.
                just rack up those days and things will be better and better
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

November 8 Saturday

LVT25 - I am so sorry about your dog. I like to think they have just moved on to a place where the grass never ends and the squirrels are slow! I have 2 goldens myself (around 7 yrs old) and, like Christy - I have no idea how I could handle this.

I hope everyone had a good Saturday night - ice cream has replaced my wine - so don't know how much weight I'll be losing!

Comment

Working...
                  X