Hello, officially Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, officially Day 1

I'm not sure if this is where I belong or in starting out - but after 2 weeks of moderating I have chosen to go AF. Still do not feel well after moderating - insomnia mostly. But too much mental work deciding when I will drink, how much I will drink, blah,blah. How much wine to keep in the house, how much to purchase daily so as to not have temptation. Really saying this screams - I am an alcoholic. But I say it with more wisdom now and not as much shame as before when I was drinking so heavily.

Moderating taught me why I drink and how it effects me. So, it was a valuable lesson and probably for me helped me to know I can't moderate. AF is the only way.

Ready to feel the old brain & body the way she used to be - 39 feeling 59. So today, November 23, officially Day 1!
    "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

Hello, officially Day 1

Good for you C&C Mom!! Have you checked out the "tool box" thread? How about posting on the daily AF thread in this (Monthly ABS) section? You'll get great support. You'd be very welcome!

wip

Comment

Hello, officially Day 1

Well C&C, I think you learnt a valuable lesson, thats what this journey is all about.
      You will soon be feeling 20 again I'm sure!
      All the very best of luck to you.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hello, officially Day 1

Thank you for both suggestions - they will be very helpful. You will see me on those, too!
        I think in order to receive the full benefit of this forum you need to participate by posting and interacting with one another, it's just great.
        "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

Comment

Hello, officially Day 1

Hi C&C Mom and welcome to AF land! Attempts at moderation sound like they were the very same for me as they have been for you. Too much work for an alkie like me!! YOU deserve to be and feel your best, and I'm sure you believe that your family deserves the best "you" too.

For me, daily exercise (well, 6 days a week) has been a great weapon in my quest for sobriety. By focusing on a healthier lifestyle, booze just has less and less of a "fit" into the overall picture of my life. I haven't posted on the tool thread yet but I'm sure that tool is mentioned many times there!

Best wishes and hope to see you on the Daily AF thread!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X