No announcement yet.

9 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiya all...how are we doing? hope all is well with everyone ...Julie tested neg today so we are both on the mending road .pouring down with rain here ...I was going to go to the graveside today and cut the grass but thats a non starter We are invited to a bbq on Sunday ..the weather is supposed to be brutal.

hiya Lav ...I darent tell you how much my dentist has made from me .. put it this way ...the money I didnt spend drinking doesn't cover it and thats over 18k...but I made that decision a while back...Id rather have teeth than full pockets and drink soup forever .tons of rain here if you want it ..

hiya ppqp..how are you doing?hope all is well with you .how was work today then? have you got all your amendments and programmes done?hope it was a peaceful day

hiya New Sunrise ....day 2 for you ....go for it ..those days will soon mount up..All the way through Ihave got Royal Doulton birds of prey and owls ..they are full of Scotch ..I think there is about 6 litres of it..not once have I touched it .Keep at it you will win ..and regain control.

asyou can see me and this laptop dont work ..the font on here on the site is too small.Trust me I can spell...

right folks have a good weekend
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Friday evening greetings to all!

We’re under a severe storm watch until late tonight, so far just a few drops have fallen. Very hot & sticky today, at one point the temp in the greenhouse was 103 degrees!!! I just hiding in the AC as much as possible. I can’t even begin to imagine drinking on days like this, disgusting. To say the least.

Mick, glad you & Julie are back in the healthy zone. Sunday is Father’s Day here & I haven’t planned a thing (for a few different reasons). I hope your BBQ goes off without getting soggy.
      Btw - we do have good dental insurance that covers most of the work we’ve had done over the past 20ish years. I really shouldn’t complain I guess.

New Sunrise, today was day 3 for you! I hope all is well. Make sure you have your weekend covered & stay busy with non-drinking activities.

Hello to all the missing folks, hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...ok, what did you guys do with my post from yesterday! I'm sure I posted, maybe didn't hit that post reply button properly. I did take Thursday afternoon off and the last email the boss send me was oh yeah, since I'm out of town can you field any problems that staff have over the weekend. So now I'm on call! We've got our Open Mic tonight, and they're self sufficient, the Charity Hockey Tournament scheduled for tomorrow, canceled, and the Pre-Stamped Dance tomorrow night are also self sufficient, so it should be an easy weekend.

Mick...glad you and Julie are out of the woods. It was a good day, no boss! He had actually organized a catered staff lunch so it was a nice way to end the week. Got all the programing figured out and finished all the work the boss wanted, Our weather is turning for the weekend as well. We had a high of 25C today and by Sunday it's only going to be 9C. Rain is supposed to start tonight and last all weekend.

New Sunrise... son getting married and the abuse you were getting from "her" does ring a bell. Will probably remember more as we continue to chat. Congrats on Day 3, I remember that was a big one for me. Good to hear that you found some great support, and you're right, no matter what you're going through you are probably not the only one. I learned that too dealing with a Manic/Depressive husband. Stick with us.

Lav...yes, you're right, I would be expected to clean it all up. LOL Sorry, I'm not at the fall weather stage yet, seems like it was snowing only yesterday. However I would sure like to have our water restrictions lifted. The main feeder line that broke last Wednesday is now going to take up to 5 weeks to repair. YIKES! They were able to dig out the pipe where the break was and when they sent the robots in to inspect the rest of the pipe it discovered 5 more areas of concern and say they need to repair them before turning the line on again. The concern is that we now only have one treatment plant supplying water to Calgary and 4 surrounding towns. There's talk of closing schools and some businesses so they have enough water for hospitals and fire response teams. So much for a growing season this year.

The boys never did show up last night so I have no idea when they're heading back from the job site up north. Hoping the rest of the gang is doing ok. Have a peaceful evening all...PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? hope all iwell.Went up to Julies mums and brothers grave this morning ..cleaned the stone ,and cut the grass.managed to get it done and then theheavens opened ...its still chucking it down.Apologies for any mistakes here but the print is so small I can hardly see it ...I thought it may have been the settings on my laptop ...but if I go on other sites is ok .So I havent a clue ..I wont be typing too much on here thats for sure ..

hiya Lav ,how are you going?hope all iswell.yep my teeth are similar the stomach acid is too strong and dissolves the teef ..extended heat wave ...hmmm thats a good one

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing ? hope all is well with you and you are having a good weekend .

hiya NewSunrise ....day 3 for you ...go for it ..hope all is well with you .

big shout to everyone else
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Warmish here but not too humid - yet. Next week will be a completely different story.
            Decided to get some more perennials to plant under the birch tree. That area has been growing nothing but weeds for year. I hope to get a better look going out there. We never got the storms last night, they apparently went north of us.

PQ, just wondering, do you get paid on-call time? The hospitals used to balk about that but the law said they had to pay up haha. I hope the events went well with no troubles. Have the kids arrived home yet?

New Sunrise, hope you check in & let us know how you’re doing.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X