30th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30th June

hiya all ...thats it job done holiday over..back home now ...decent run down this morning ..1hr 50 .traffic starting to build up as we left.So thats us until 5 weeks time..got a few jobs need doing on the van .it goes in for a diagnostic on Friday.Wood for the new rabbit hutch should be here tomorrow ,so I will get that built asap .Cucumber plants in the greenhouse have gone mad...flowers everywhere .Tomatoes doing pretty good .We came back at the right time ...not .Its one of the kids birthdays next door so there is a bit of a party ..to be fair they are really considerate .Was raining earlier but now gone very warm ...storm weather .Nice to go away ...but its nice to be home too.
    hope everyone is doing good
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hello all!

I did post yesterday but it’s not here, hmm
    We ended up with nearly 2.25” of rain over 24 hrs so I think we’re good & caught up for a while. Very pleasant today, not hot but sunny. I went & had fasting bloodwork done this morning, awaiting results.
    Glad to report the itching is finally winding down, what a pain that whole mess was.

Mick, enjoyed your pics again today, good job! I hope the bunnies are happy in their new quarters, very nice. Glad your trip was a success.

Hello to PQ & everyone, hope yu are all well.
    I’m going to putz around in my PI free raised garden beds for a while since it’s so nice out.
    Hope everyone has a nice night.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all sorry was mia yesteday on here ,but I didnt stop all day ...as you saw rabbit hutch finished...however there was an issue ..on the floor I had put ply under the shavings ...Argyl kept slipping on it ..this morning off to Aldi bought some interlocking mats ...job done..Off to the dentist in a little while ...yes again .weather isnt too bad atm ...overcast but dry .

hope everyone is ok ...teegee great to see you on messenger ..hope all is well.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...posted on Sunday but I guess it decided it didn't like what I wrote. Sunday night the skies just opened up and it poured! Thunder & lightening, the storm I've been waiting for. It was a nice long break from work. Today was the start of our Summer Day Camps and apparently there was a few glitches with the new software. Asked the director what happened and her answer was I don't know, nobody could sign their kids in. Drilling down farther I discovered it was because the parents didn't download the app. The staff can sign the kids in if the parents don't have the app. I covered all of this in their training session. Geeze, thought I had a major program problem. I will be going in early tomorrow to monitor the check in process to see if there really is any issues. Sounds like the staff, including the director, just didn't listen.

Mick..checked out the pics of MS, the new hatch looks great. Glad you're home safe and sound and the peskies are doing great. Another trip to the dentist!

Lav...glad to hear the itching is dying down. Did you actually get away? How late was the grandson? The weekend was wet, overcast and windy. Just as well I had no plans for Canada Day. We have our annual Community Clean Up day on Saturday. All I could think of was glad it wasn't last weekend.

Waves to the rest of the gang. Have a good night...PPQP

Comment

Greetings all,

Finally checking in to say hello. Today didn’t go as planned but it was OK anyway. Grandson never did show up for his animal sitting shift so Doc ended up sitting in his crate for 4 hrs so we could at least go meet up with YB’s sister & her husband. We had a lot to catch up on & we had no idea they are now empty nesters, haha. Their youngest graduated from college & just started his first job yesterday. The last time we saw him he was 12ish, geez. Anyway we enjoyed a few hours chatting & had a half decent Mexican dinner, yum.

Mick, glad you & the bunnies are happy & settled. So what’s the next project on your list?

PQ, you finally got your rain. Sorry your summer day camp had a rough start up but glad yo figured it out. You are the official company detective I’d say, Lol
          Happy belated Canada Day to you. Hope yo have clear weather coming up this weekend.

hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ...how are we doing? hope all is good .Was out with the camera this morning ...I may as well have taken a tennis bat ...the fog was so thick .then took my car to the garage ...developed a fault ..the display head ..ie the sat nav radio phone and all that gubbins went blank ..Spoke to an autoelectrian who said that he thought the dis and things ive saved for future use.play head had gone .but he would check it out on Friday ...a new head is 200 notes just to buy then strip the dash console out etc ..anyway I went on you tube and one guy had the same problem previously...what he did was disconnected the battery for 40 mins ..I thought might as well try it ...I did and bingo it works now .well chuffed .

hiya Lav glad you enjoyed your meet up with the family .dont know what my next project is ...apart from get rid of all of the just come in handys and all the other stuff Ive collected along the way'Im out tomorrow ...down to Stoke to monkey world .get some pics .

hiya ppqp...hows things with you ...? hope all is well.did you get the issues with the summer camps sorted out in the end ?Yep at the dentist again on the 23rd ..hopefully the last time for a while .Is the atmosphere at work liveable now?...hope you have a good day .

big shout to everyone else...and hope all that celebrate it have a great 4th of July

Comment

Evening greetings,

Nice day here but it is getting hot again!! I’m learning to be grateful & thank the universe for these decent days.
              YB had a young Amish guy here all day splitting & stacking firewood. We’re getting too old to do even that ourselves, haha! We’re in good shape for whatever the winter brings us.

Mick, now you have car repair on your list of I can do’s, Lol
              come to think of it I have to go check my car & see if Sirius radio ever reconnected itself. It was fine on my drive to the market today but silent on the way home ~ weird.
              I always thought my sister-in-law married a Mennonite because they were married in a Mennonite church. I just found out that his parents were actually Amish but left the community to live as what they call “English’. So he was raised pretty much as the rest of us were.

Hi PQ, hope your day was fabulous!

Hi to the rest of the group & hope everyone has a nice night.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....what a day! Got into work early to check out what's going on with my program. Set up the scan kiosk, set up the manual check in and watched as parents dropped off their kids and either scanned (if they had the app on their phone) or manually checked them in (if they didn't have the app). Strangely enough there was absolutely no issues. Interesting! Rest of the day was spent doing pop up requests from the boss, he started each request with "Sorry, but could you...." and sorting out some tennis court booking glitches, but mostly sent those onto the program development team. Tomorrow is "clean up the building" day. Go through everything we don't need or haven't used for 2 years and get it ready to turf at the community cleanup on Saturday.

Lav...not even going to ask why grandson didn't show up. Glad you were able to meet up with YB's family even if it meant Doc had to been in his crate. Wonder if he thought he'd done something wrong. LOL It was a cool 62F with a lot of wind today, but the rain held off. Turn around day tomorrow, temps increasing and no precipitation in the near future. They'll have nice weather for the stampede parade on Friday and we've lucked out with good weather for our Saturday Community Cleanup. We'll be joining you with the "hot" next week with temps in the high 80's.

Mick...wow, good for you fixing the problem and saving the 200+ notes. Just goes to prove the old adage "if it doesn't work, unplug it and then plug it back in" works. I'd be chuffed too. LOL Looked up "Stoke" which I'm assuming is Stoke-On-Trent. Maybe you can find your "soup pot" (forgot what you called it) there. In the end there was nothing to sort out for Summer Camps. Geeze. Atmosphere at work is better, there's still issues with childcare director and boss but the attitudes are better. I think they're off the hook for awhile since the accountant, inadvertently forgot to send payroll to the bank for everyone's salary pay direct deposit. She had to cut cheques for everyone which would have been ok except the boss had to pay his 1st and last months rent on the new house he's renting and his bank put a hold on the cheque. When I went to pick up my cheque I said shit happens, nobody died. His response was not yet. YIKES! Here's wishing you a Great 4th of July!

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....PPQP

Comment

Hiya all..0541..been up since 4..couldn't sleep. Off to Sot this morning jut getting ready weather is overcast here and blowy. Happy 4th to you all...you did a good move when you broke away..we have a general election today...it's like a circus act..it isn't abou who is good for the country.. but more about who will do the least damage!!will chat later..have a good one all

Comment

Greetings everyone,

hot & humid today & now waiting for some storms due to show up any minute. The heatwave resumes tomorrow Lol
                    We had no plans today so we grilled ourselves some turkey burgers & fresh corn from a local farm, yum.

Mick, I really loved the baby monkey pics, so cute with their giant ears.

PQ, My grandson’s excuse (once I got his attention) was that he wasn’t feeling well. Don’t know what that meant but I’ll take his word for it for now. We’re going to try asking the 13 yr old next time we need a dog sitter. We kind of think he’s capable at this point & it will wake up the 15 yr old, haha!! Sorry about the payroll issue, that stinks. Hope the stampede isn’t too crazy, I just can’t imagine that event.

Hello to all & hoping everyone has a nice night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...a little warmer today and no rain so far. Today was Clean the Castle Day. We were tasked with going through every room and storage closet and basically throwing everything out. We were going to keep it all for the community cleanup on Saturday but my god there was so much of it. So boss hired a junk removal company and got rid of it all. I have to pop back to the community centre in a couple of ours to let the Civic Affairs committee in. They're holding a public meeting tonight.

Mick...hope the weather held out for your jaunt. Been getting lots of news coverage of your general election, definitely a circus. LOL

Lav...gotta love those 15 year olds. The 13 year old is probably a much better choice. LOL Hope your heatwave is too long.

Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Working...
                      X