7th July ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th July ..

hiya all how are we doing today .hope all is good ..Summer suddenly disappeared and it hammered down with rain followed by thunder and lightning .so no garden time today .Instead cleaned and tidied out the garage ....I have now 4 big boxes of "might come in handies"that have been squirrelled away for the future ready for the dump...

hiya Lav ..how are you doing today ?hope all is well ..Dont know what lurgy I have got ..it feels very similar to covid though tests say no .runny nose sore throat cough lethargy ..though when I push myself to work Im fine ..I just forget when to stop!def not sleeping well..it could be a chest infection I dont know ..I will need to look out for Det on FB he seems to be doing good .going out early doors with my camera in the morning ..hope you have a great day .

a big hello to everyone else ...hope your weekend is going grand
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hot & humid again, SSDD, Lol
    Can’t do much outside in this weather & am worried about running into more PI, ugh. My healthcare provider emails recipes now & then so I decided to try one. It was an easy sheet pan dinner with broccoli, white beans & turkey sausage roasted all together. Took 25 minutes, quick & tasty. I should have cut the recipe in half but didn’t so now we have another 2 meals worth leftover haha.

Mick, hopefully it’s just your garden variety summer cold & will disappear soon. No fever, right?
    I think not pushing yourself to the limit every single day is a good idea. Have fun with the camera tomorrow morning.

PQ, how did the community cleanup go? Hope the weather held for you.

hello to the rest. Of thegroup, hope to see you all back soon.
    Have a good night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all...wow what a change yesterday thunderstorms ....today 28 degrees ..went out with the camera this morning ...still feeling not too great ...but I can feel the same sitting on my backside at home so went out ..really enjoyable

hiya Lav how are you doing ?just cleaned out the little shed and the greenhouse another job done .Are white beans what we call butter beans?I love them.it sounds like a good meal.you are right about pushing myself .as you well know its t a hard learning curve not do anything ..

hiya ppqp...how are you doing?am I right in thinking you are not at work today?

hello everyone else how are we doing?
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings everyone,

SSDD here as far as the weather goes, yuck. Looking forward to a rain day on Thursday.

Mick, great pics as always, glad you got out for a bit.
        White beans around here are cannellini beans or white kidney beans. I guess any large bean would work.

Pie, we’re thinking about you, stay safe!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a good night!
        Lav

Here’s that recipe: https://news.christianacare.org/2015...d-white-beans/
        Last edited by Lavande; July 8, 2024, 05:35 PM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all how are we doing? chucking it down with rain today..its absolutely hammering .....just been for a recce of the route we need to take on Thursday to get the van up to the garage ..its down a little lane in the middle of nowhere ..so I had to find an alternate route ,,and did so .Julie is taking her dad out this afternoon .

Pie hope all is well with you and you are keeping safe .

hiya Lav how are you doing? hope all is good ..Im still feeling rubbish but not as bad. ,,the butter beans Im talking about are lima beans ,but as you say any bean will do for the recipe.Hows Doc doing?

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing?

Comment

Hello friends,

As you’ve heard before it’s SSDD here, LOL/ Hot & humid & basically disgusting. Went for a haircut earlier & haven’t been out since. Looking forward to some rain later in the week.

Mick, you’re like me with taking practice runs. I don’t care for driving in unfamiliar places anymore. Glad you found the best route. I hope Julie had an OK time with her Dad today.
            We ate a lot of butter beans when we were kids but they seem to have gone out of fashion or something. I like all beans & veggies. We had that leftover meal today & it was still very good.

Hello to Pie, hope your power is back real soon. It must be rough, thinking of you.

PQ, what’s up with you?

Cyn, Slo, Det, etc - hello to you all!

Have a good night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...sorry for not posting earlier, I don't know where the time went. The Community Cleanup was a huge success. I'm glad we shortened it open from 9am - 12pm. Usually it would got till 2pm. At least we were all finished, had lunch and cleaned everything up and out of there by 1:30pm. It's just unfortunate that some people take advantage of things. Had two people drive up with attached trailers and you just knew they were from a job site, getting rid of it without having to pay at the landfill. When they came by for the 3rd time boss told them to get lost. One truck pulled up with a uhaul trailer and when they opened the back everyone walked away saying nope, not touching that! Looks like it'd been sitting in there for months, rotting food, liquid all over the floor. Boss made them unload it themselves, took almost 1hr which put us down one packer truck and slowed everyone down. I was exhausted (boss said in your mind you're only 20, but you're not) and could tell I'd overdone it so Sunday I did nothing. We had good weather, the torrential rains had stopped and it warmed up. Monday saw the start of the heat dome forming. I had booked Monday off so just putzed around the house staying out of the heat. Back to work today and had lots of catching up to do. The only job I needed to complete was sending my articles into the publisher for the August newsletter. Didn't even get started on that until 2pm. Managed to get 95% of it done and I am off tomorrow so will finish up on Thursday. I refuse to work on my days off.

Lav...gotta ask, what is SSDD? I'm sure it would make sense if I'd kept up with the posts. I can't tell you what I came up with as they'd probably close this thread. LOL Tomorrow will be our hottest day 33C/91F, glad I booked it off even if it makes more work for me on Thursday. Boss will be off Fri & Mon as this is his moving weekend.

Mick...I hope you're feeling better. Glad you were able to get out yesterday and that it was enjoyable. Good job on finding a different route to take the van in on Thursday. You must be heading out again soon, I'm thinking Sunday but don't know why. LOL Glad that Julie got out with her Dad today, hope he's settling down and they've got his meds sorted out.

Pi...been seeing new stories about Texas, hope you are doing ok. We have gone from Stage 4 water restrictions to Stage 3. They actually exempted splash parks and outdoor pools because of the heat dome this week.

Shout out to everyone else. Will check back in tomorrow...PPQP

Comment

PQ, somehow I had a feeling you were checking in so here’s my response to your question Same Sh*t Different Day haha!!!!!
                glad yo got through your weekend OK. Stay cool, it’s so gross with all the extra humidity fogging up the windows outside.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all..how are we doing today then? Hope all is well. Wasnt on here yesterday..felt as rough as a bag of spanners. Its the first time for a long time that I had no energy at all.so much so I went backbto bed in the afternoon. Feeling a lot better today,took the van up to the dealership this morning..waiting for them to call me back.Seem to be less and less people using this site now..don't know why surely the worlds booze problems haven't gone?

Hiya ppqp..how are you doing? Nope you ain't 20..take it easy ..shades of pot calling kettle black here.glad the clean up went well..apart from the chancers that is.

Hiya teegee how are you doing? Thats a great photo you put up.

Hiya lav how's things?hope all is good with you. I certainly feel a lot better today than I did yesterday.

Hope all is well with you pie....stay safe

Comment

Greetings everyone,

not much going on here, just dealing with the continued heat. We got about 1/2” of rain overnight so I didn’t have to stand out there watering plants. More rain coming the next two days.

Mick, sorry you were feeling rough, maybe leftover Covid??
                    I did post here yesterday but don’t know where it went as usual. I miss everyone’s daily check ins too. Hopefully everyone is doing fine, no booze issues, etc.

Well, I wish everyone a nice night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...wow, take 1 day off and all hell breaks loose at work. Apparently the accountant was on a tear. Some of our summer camps offer a day trip to Calaway Park (a very popular amusement park). A lot of parents purchase annual passes at Xmas time for the cheapest price. If they don't have their own passes they can choose to buy a day pass from us for $40. Childcare keeps track of which kids they paid for and then sends a list to accounting to verify if parents bought one from us or if the accountant has to invoice them for payment. Boss had asked me to write up a procedure, which I did, and sent it to everyone involved. The accountant had a fit saying it's not like she can run a report showing who paid for a pass. Told childcare they would have to ask every parent if they had bought one, childcare director said nope, here's the procedure. So I logged onto the system, went to reports and it took me 2 seconds to find one that I thought would work and ran it. Yup, there it was, everyone who had bought a pass. Sent the report procedure to everyone as well. Boss said he knew there had to be a way, great work. I hope you know how much I appreciate you. And that was only the first hour of my day. LOL

Mick...sorry you were feeling so rough yesterday, to the point you went back to bed! My thoughts went to the same place as Lav's, leftover Covid? Glad you're feeling better and was able to get the van in.

Lav...thanks for the SSDD explanation. LOL It was hot here again today 33C/91F but thankfully no humidity. There was quite a breeze blowing which seemed to help. This heat dome is supposed to be moving east starting tomorrow which will bring our temps down to normal around 22C/71F,

Hoping the rest of you are doing ok. Have a good night...PPQP

Comment

Friday evening greetings to everyone,

We were supposed to get a ton of rain today but apparently it went east, directly to the DE & MD seashores. We’ve only had a tiny bit & it’s 80 degrees & humid.
                        Sure glad I got my haircut when I did, haha!!

PQ, seems they just can’t function like normal adults when you’re not there. I hate it when grownups don’t act like grownups.
                        We have another heatwave coming next week, I didn’t order it I swear. We all have been feeling cooped up the past few weeks. Spending time outside can be risky when it’s so hot.
                        Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Mick, Cyn, Pie & everyone - hello!

Have a nice night all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Lav...for a minute there thought I'd be talking to myself. LOL I just can't figure the accountant out. She got a list of 17 kids to look up and see if they'd paid for a Calaway pass and you'd think it was the end of the world. She's got her back up and you just can't say anything to her. Assistant childcare director is off for a 2 week vacation, peace shall rein once again. We've cooled off a little but will be right back up there early next week. They've eased up a little on the water restrictions but they're experiencing some stresses in the line even at 55% full. Looking forward to the weekend, no events at the hall.

Shout out to anyone viewing the thread. Have a good night....PPQP

Comment

Hi Lav, Mick, Slo and everyone!

I hope you're all doing well. Sounds like you've been battling the heat there, Lav. Am wondering how Wags is these days? I just post occasionally in the Nest Roll Call thread, (it's too hard for me to keep up in this thread) so I haven't kept track. Please if anyone's in touch with Wags, give her my regards.

Best wishes to all of you,
                            Steady xx
                            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hiya all how are we doing today then? Hope all is good with everyone. Had a bit of a busy morning,,,and then the rains came.was going to take the camera out but not in the rain.Cleaned the rabbit pen out..cant really call it a hutch...they love it.Argyl is still getting himself around and isn't in pain.his appetite certainly isnt affected!need to get their nails clipped next week
                              hiya sf ..nice to see you. Glad all is well with you.

Hiya ppqp..weekend time again..phone off.how are things with you? Hope all is well. Glad things worked out with the Calaway tickets. Need some rain?happy to send some. Hope you have a good weekend

Hiya lav how are you doing? So you want to buy some rain too?the lavender in my border is coming out..smells lovely when you brush past it..first tomatoes off.and a big un too.Apple trees are doing well.hope you have a good weekend

Hiya teegee tpie and everyone else hope you have a good weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X