Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 14th

Greetings friends,
    Looks like we need a new week started so here we go.
    We almost had 2 thunderstorms today but they both managed to skirt around us. I’m beginning to think we have a bubble overhead protecting us Lol
    So we’re still in heatwave mode until at least next Thursday. This is definitely tiresome. Hiding in the AC is one thing but I don’t want to just sit all day. Today’s inside project was Air Fried vegan donuts with a chocolate glaze & boy are they ever GOOD!!!! I have an appt with my NP tomorrow for a BP check & don’t want to walk in there full of donuts so I stopped at just one. I’ll eat the rest after my appt, haha!

Hello to Mick, PQ, Cyn & anyone else checking in today. Have a good week & a good night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

hiya all ..mia yesterday ...but was completely wiped out with the saga that happened with Julies dad...feeling a lot better today ..We have also lodged a formal complaint against one of the ambulance crew for unprofessional conduct .I wasnt present at the time but Julie was and so were the care staff ...probably just as well I wasnt .We have got hot weather today ,Weeding the garden bought another lens and taking the rabbits to get their nails clipped

Hiya Lav ..air fried donuts ..please tell me they have no calories ..we are both on a weight loss job atm ..ready for going to Scotland in 5 weeks..hope the BP check goes ok .Had another few tomatoes from the greenhouse yesterday ..they are real tasty .

hiya everyone else ..hope you are all doing good .I put some pics up of a baby jay on messenger ..
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

Had a nice chat with the NP while getting my BP checked this afternoon. I’m an old lady & still suffering way too many hot flashes (night & day) & I’m sick of them. She agreed to give me a script for an older antidepressant that is used off label for folks who cannot take hormone replacements (maxed out on them > 5 years ago). Keeping my fingers crossed for some help. I’ve read this drug has shown 61% improvement after 1 week. Still hot here which isn’t helping my situation, supposed to reach 100 degrees tomorrow,

Mick, not sure how your ambulance crews work over there but here they are usually connected to a fire company. They have their own leadership & a complaint lodged against them is taken seriously. I hope you get some answers quickly. The donuts are good & not calorie free although they are certainly much lower in fat. I’m having one now with my evening decaf coffee, yum.

Hello to all & hoping everyone is OK. Have a good night all.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...thanks for kicking the thread off this week Lav. Our heatwave has returned as well. They're calling for thunderstorms tomorrow so we'll see if they materialize. Quiet day at work, boss back tomorrow.

Lav...saw your weather pic on messenger, might as well be Calgary in the middle. Your air fried donuts sound scrumptious. Surprised you were able to stop at one. Hope the BP check was good.

Mick...had to have a look at what happened with Julie's Dad. Geeze, seems like it's never ending. I hope the complaint amounts to something. Glad you're feeling better today. The bird pics are fabulous!

Pi,,,thinking of you and hoping you're doing ok.

Did a lot of BBQ'ing over the weekend so it's leftovers for dinner tonight. Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night....PPQP

X-post Lav
        Last edited by porqoui; July 15, 2024, 06:41 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...just checking in after a hot, hot day. We're looking at 10 days of 31C/88F. At least we're not up in the 100's. The new online booking contracts are working great, so much easier and cuts out more than 1/2 the work. Boss is back so he kept me busy with emails.

Going to relax in the AC now. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Hey all!

We ended up doing a quick trip to Walmart after dinner, I didn’t have time to post.
            Big storm moving in finally, really hope we get some decent relief from the heat. The ground is pretty dry too so we could use t he rain. Hearing thunder now so it’s getting close, yay.

PQ, the heat really does a number on you after a while. I don’t have a lot of heat tolerance to begin with so it’s been a giant pain in the a$$ for me.
            I had one more donut today, the rest are in the fridge where they’re safe haha!! Hope you are enjoying some good AC now.

Hello to Mick & everyone,
            Have a nice night all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all how are we doing today then? hope all is well with you.it gets a bi mad chopping and changing between here and fb ...its a heck of a lot easier posting pics on there..today has been busy ...went to Manchester and Stockport to get some bits and pieces.Was going to wash the van downbut the guy over the road is repointing the gable end of the house so he is grinding the old stuff out .

hiya Lav how are you doing? did you get the storm? surprise surprise we have even had the sun brolly out today ..How are the safe donuts?The ambulance crews are governed by individual trusts for areas ..there is no connection between them and the fire service ...Ive often wondered whether your system is better than ours .I doubt they will do too much with the complaint ...but Julie is very determined to get a result ..and tbh for a professional allegedly caring person to come out with remarks as such .Yes I understand dark humour and its rationale and reasoning ...but to come out with that is definitely not one I would subscribe to .

hiya ppqp ...sounds like work has calmed down a bit at work ..I meant to ask ....how are the community beds doing?are you growing stuff in them?do the community themselves take it on?hope you have a good day .

hiya pie how are you doing? hows the foster gang doing?

hiya teegee how are things with you? hope all is well with you ..

anyone heard from Slo ?
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening everyone,

we did have a good storm last night along with about 1.5” of rain that was needed. No damage here but I noticed lots of downed trees & Power lines down up near Longwood Gardens about 20 some miles north of here. I met friends for lunch at the nearby Applebees. Another storm is supposed to get here later tonight.

Mick, all of our social services are kind of connected here. When you call for a house fire, have an accident on the road, etc. the fire company, ambulance company & police show up to assist. It works rather well I think. My mother taught me as a young kid that I can think whatever I want to think but I can’t say it out loud! That was her advice to help me thru 8 years of Catholic school when the nuns were driving me up the wall Lol. No professional should mouth off around a patient or the patient’s family, not ever.

Hello to PQ, hope your day was good.

Pie, I’m sure you’re enjoying having your power restored, finally.

Cyn, wishing you a safe trip to Tahoe, hope it all goes well.

Hello to the rest & wishing all a good night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...it was overcast and cool here this morning. It was quite nice. An 1hr later the clouds disappeared, sun came out and it's hotter than a firecracker out there.

Mick...I knew Julie was putting in a complaint but I didn't read what had been said. I'll have a read back on FB. All the community plots are planted and the individuals who rent them are responsible. We are exempt from the water restrictions but have asked everyone to be mindful. Tomorrow we're supposed to go to stage 2 restrictions meaning you can water your lawn, trees, etc. 1 hour a week. With this heat dome over us, that's not going to make much difference.

Lav...the heat has really been affecting me too. We hit 90F today. I'm glad you got your storm and some rain last night. I hope you get another downpour tonight. It was a good day. It's really made a difference not having the assistant director around, she brings a lot of drama to the job. Boss (and accountant) is taking tomorrow off. Boss's wife is not handling the move very well so he's going to stay home to help. Then I start my 4 day weekend on Friday, dog sitting for my brother Fri & Sat and then back home to the AC.

Pi...I saw that you got your power restored, wow, that'll help.

TG...off to Tahoe? Have a safe trip.

Waves to everyone else. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

mae all...how are we doing? hope you are all good .I have lost a post somewhere ...put one on here last night and its gone..it is no more it has offskid .went out his morning with the camera..got a few nice pics ..its a walk with a camera if that makes sense. then the car started playing up ...kept telling me the door was open and to apply the brake ...grrrr .its the door microswitch that gone ...but managed to do a temp fix on it.Was out in the garden earlier ...lovely and sunny today .

hiya ppqp...how are you doing? hope all is good ..I replied to you but havent a scooby doo where it has gone ..So today is another good day for you? no boss ?go for it have a great weekend too.

hiya Lav how are you doing today? hope all is good with you. again replied to you but its jotting around in the ether .bought a new lens ...havent used it yet ...it is a macro lens ...really impressed with what it can do.hows the garden doing?

hiya teegee ..hope your trip goes well.

has anyone heard from Slo ..?

Comment

Greetings friends,

We finally had a day <90 degrees, yay! Still quite warm but not totally unbearable.
                      Didn’t do anything real exciting today but that’s OK. Looking forward to a week of slightly cooler temps so maybe I can get back to weeding flower beds while trying to avoid the PI, Lol

PQ, we did have another storm last night ahead of a cool front that broke up the heatwave, thanks goodness!
                      Sounds like your assistant director needs a good psych eval, haha. I’d be grateful to have her stay home too. Enjoy your long weekend & dog sitting, that’s nice.

Mick, glad to hear you had good picture taking weather today, great pics btw. Good luck with the new macro lens.
                      YB ended up getting the two young boys from across the road to help him pull weeds in his raided garden beds today, they also pulled all the onions. They were thanked & paid well. Our grandsons were supposed to do the job but they just haven’t showed up after many requests, their loss I guess.

Hello to everyone & wishing a nice night for all. I think I’ll message Slo & see how she is now.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...we broke 90F today, it was a hot one. Nice and quiet at work, no boss, no accountant, told the building coordinator to take off at noon so it was just the childcare director and me. Didn't do much work but got a lot of visiting in. LOL

Mick...I'll have to check out your walk with a camera pics on fb. Got to love those micro switches. The boys have managed disengage most of mine. LOL Slo has pm'd me a couple of times so we do keep in touch. She's just not posting for awhile but doing ok. Have fun with your new lens.

Lav...there is a big difference between below and above 90. Glad you got a bit of relief. Our heat wave is to increase over the next couple of days and stay hot well into next week. Assistant director is actually in Mexico for 2 weeks. We consider it our holiday. Haha We have moved to stage 2 water restrictions. We can now use a sprinkler on our lawns for a maximum of 1hr per week, a choice of 2 days a week at certain times.

Waves to any of the gang reading. I'll have some time to read up on fb and see what everyone's been up to. Have a good night....PPQP

Comment

Hello friends,

Had a decent day here. It was a lovely 67 degrees this morning - perfect! Of course it warmed up but only to 84.
                          Trying to catch up with some weed pulling, My gardens are looking sad. I quit when I ran into the PI a while back, ugh.

PQ, glad you had a decent day yesterday. The best days at work were always when the boss was gone, Lol
                          I hope the hot weather doesn’t hang around too long for you, it’s exhausting, day after day.

Hello to the rest of the group & hope everyone is OK.
                          Have a nice night all!

Lav

AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mae all...how are we doing today? hope all is good ..didnt sleep a lot last night...hot as heck..yesterday was areal scorcher.took my camera out with the new lens ...certainly got a lot to learn with that.Managed to fix the micro switch on the car....the connection between the switch and the door wasnt there..so that when you shut the door there was no contact so the car thought the door was open..would put the parking brake on and sound off that it was open.to make that extra contact ..i took the rubber boot off the top of the switch ,cut the top off one of Argyls spare meds syringes..filed it to fit inside the end of the rubber boot ...job done .

hiya ppqp..how are you doing? weekend time ..you are on a 4 dayer arent you?did you see the pics of the sin bin coming down?my mate posted them.have you any plans for the weekend?

hiya Lav how are you doing?hopeall is well .julie has taken an interest in the garden and has done the weeding ...and in fact did a better job than me ...she is very meticulous .I may be going into an advisory role!!!for me the best days were nights!!I guess the grandsons are moving on to their own way of life..as you say their loss.hope you have a good weekend .

big hello to anyone else out there .

Comment

Hey all,

Cloudy but cooler out & that’s fine. I think the sun returns tomorrow. Not much going on here. It’s pretty easy to ignore stuff when you’re not in the mood to do much, right?

Mick, I don’t mind weeding garden beds but not when it’s blistering hot outside. Plus that fear of running into more PI, ugh. Glad Julie is enjoying the garden too.
                              Yep when I worked second or third shift I was the boss, no one bugging me was great. I didn’t need reminders & being told what needs to be done, Lol
                              one of. The boys from across the. Road was here again early this morning looking for something to do to help out. He’s a good kid.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing a good night for all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X