28th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28th July

Hiya all. Home now ...one of the motorways was closed so it took us an extra hour to get home. First time we have been out together for just under a year. It was really good on both a social scale..not so clever on a finds basis. Didnt find much at all.pretty weary. Mind you it was 29 degrees. How is everyone doing?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE ALL...was going to start the thread as Mick was out detecting but apparently I'm too late.

Mick...it has been a long time since you were out detecting. I think the social level of the outing might actually win out over the finds basis. Wow, 29 is almost too hot to be out there. It's a do nothing day for me but am planning on BBQ'ing for dinner. Will check back later to see who else makes an appearance. ....PPQP

Comment

Hello all,

Getting hot & humid again so my outside time was limited too. It’s still 85 degrees at 6 pm. Not much going on here, just as well I guess. I used the air fryer to make a big batch of turkey meatballs that I will use for various things this week. Exciting life Lol

Mick, sorry you got stuck in traffic & didn’t find much today. Sounds like you enjoyed your outing anyway. Always good to spend time with an old friend, right?

PQ, I have given up cooking outside in the heat. I’m too much of a wimp anymore haha. Sounds like your long weekend is going OK.

Hello to the rest & hope everyone is OK.
      Have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiyaall ...how are we today? easy to see Ihadnt been detecting for ages ...aching like anything this morning ..the intention was to do not a lot today ...failed ...kit all on the van grass cut back garden weeded ..got horse manure from the field..put it on the garden and now off to the charity shop with a load of stuff .current temp 22 degrees ..nice .

hiya Lav how are you doing? hope all is good ..yep found nowt but the social was good .the smell of that Lavender is fantastic ..its doing well this year ..sent you a pic.

hiya ppqp...how are you doing?hope all is good ..did you have the bbq ? are you back at work today?

hiya teegee pie det et al...how are we all
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

86 degrees mostly sunny this afternoon. Hoping to get a bit of rain tomorrow & Wednesday, we sure need some.
          Went to the dentist today, not bad this time. Back again for a new crown early September. In the meantime I hope the temporary filling stays put.
          Doc is about tp lose his happy home, YB is exhausted trying to deal with this pup. I took over today to give him a break & I swear Doc listens better to me - go figure. Still looking for a dog trainer experienced with this breed of super stubborn dogs.

Mick, sounds like you had a good & busy day. When are you leaving on your next trip?
          your lavender is very nice. I need to pull mine out, it’s been there for years & has gotten very woody. I’d like to start over with some fresh plants.

Hello PQ, is this day 4 of your weekend? I think so anyway, hope it was good!

Hello to all the others. Wishing everyone a good night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Ahoy my unhung Monday peeps!

Mick, sounds mighty productive to me. You'll have a blast with that camera and lenses setup. That's a pile of lenses mate, nice. Starting a freelance biz in a new location is an incredibly slow difficult slug-fest so I'm also interviewing for 'regular' jobs which I dread but I've got to pay bills, so we'll see what takes off first. Interview this morning went well (I think) and one more tomorrow morn so fingers crossed.

Lav, any baking adventures? my sister made a lamb roast last night and the smell was so yummy it was hard to sleep. ha!

Thankfully still zero AL cravings which is a blessing. Not sure what is different but it's fine by me.

I think we're going to check out an indoor pool tonight after dinner. I better not over eat.

catch yooos all soon. Be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all...how are we all today then? hope all good ...a mere 28 degrees now..was out with the camera this morning ...wasnt a lot about ...especially with the heat.Van is ready to get except needing fuelled up .

hiya Det how are you doing mate?hope all is good ..was out with both lenses this morning ..the pf 500 and the macro..hope your interview went as well this morning mate.good for you matey re the al cravings ..

hiyaLav,,,how are you doing? hopefully good .I dont have a lot of luck with temp fillings ..stomach acid kind of destroys them.yes I love the lavender ...mine is English as opposed to the deeper coloured French .S is the Doc going?or just for training?

hiy ppqp how are things with you? still got peace in the office?hope sp

big shout to eveyone else .

Comment

MAE ALL...first day back at work and it was a doozy! I swear people just can't seem to do anything when I'm not here. They're going to find it tough when I'm gone for a week next month. LOL

Mick...busy as always I see. Yup had the BBQ, it was a success.

Lav...glad the dentist trip wasn't too bad. Oh oh, Doc's days may be numbered.

Det...good to see your post. Starting a freelance biz is very stressful. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Zero AL cravings, YAY.

Sorry my post is so short but I'm bushed. Will write more tomorrow. Have a good night all....PPQP

Comment

Good evening everyone,

It’s getting all hot & super humid again in preparation for heatwave #4, ugh. I’m a princess & I need cooler weather LOL
                  Can’t spend too much time outside or I just melt down. Can’t wait for Fall weather!

Det, your news sounds good, moving in a positive direction. I’m sure you’ll land on your feet very soon. Happy to hear AL is not in the equation, no one needs that crap.
                  I have to introduce you to ‘Doc’ our new almost 5 month old puppy. He’s a Swiss Mountain dog & already weighs over 50 lbs & we’re having a terrible time trying to train him. We are looking for a dog trainer who specializes in giant goofy dogs but haven’t found anyone local yet. I don’t want t o get rid of him, he’ll grow into a nice dog eventually like our former Swissy.

As you can see he’s kinda insane haha!
                  IMG_6987.jpg

Mick, when are you leaving? I hope you have great weather for your adventure.

PQ, I think people are just lazy when they don’t step up at work when you’re away. I used to really hate going back & looking at all the stuff they could have taken care of but didn’t.
                  I hope we find a trainer soon for Doc, YB is getting tired of his antics.

I heard from TG (Cyn) & she sends love to all. She’s busy at the music festival but doing OK.

Hello to anyone else stopping by tonight. Have a good night all!
                  Lav​
                  Last edited by Lavande; July 31, 2024, 04:30 PM.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hot here again today ...top temp was 32 degrees......and definitely thunderstorms on the cards ..feeling "knackered"today ..had the camera out earlier...first thing this morning ...using macro...pic of a spider in its web .

hiya Lav ...how are you doing ?hows doc ? have you found a trainer for him yet ? Im the same I melt ..we leave on Friday morning about 10...hit the first destination about 13.30.....you take care.

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing ?so nobody did your work? was it actually your work or kit they just tried to palm off to you...there is a difference doing your own job ...and then everyone elses boss included because they cant be arsed .

I have just seen the kids up the froad playing on a pogo stick ...talk about toys from the past ...

hiya det how are you mate?

big shout to everyone else .

Comment

Greetings from the land of heat & extreme humidity. We were treated to a thunderstorm this afternoon but it didn’t bring any relief of course. The next two days are predicted to be worse, haha!!

Mick, sorry yo have to deal with the heat. No AC, bummer. I would be extra miserable, believe me.
                      I hope your trip is fun & fabulous! I imagine you & your camera will be quite busy.

PQ, hope today was a little saner at work. No one needs extra insanity at work haha!!

Hello to Det & everyone.
                      Wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...it was an interesting day all right. Accountant can sure make extra work for herself. We had to cancel a camp trip to Calaway Park because of poor air quality and she was tasked with refunding anyone who had bought a pass through us. After spending 2 days on it she was just ranting that nothing made sense. I ran an attendance list, checked the billing and came up with 10 refunds out of 53 kids. Took me about 1/2 hr. Geeze. Boss is off for the next 5 days and asked if he should be worried about us killing each other while he was gone. LOL

Lav...I hope you find a trainer for Doc too, he's just too adorable! We're back under a heatwave again too. At least we don't have the humidity. I'm glad you can get relief with A/C for the next couple of days. After dealing with the accountant and boss leaving at 2pm the rest of my day was lovely. Accountant not in tomorrow so that's a bonus. Thanks for catching us up with TG.

Mick...no wonder you're feeling knackered, 32 is just too hot especially without any A/C. No it's not my work they didn't do, boss and I actually have worked out a good system; auto email replies and voice message greetings tell people I'm away until such-and-such and won't be monitoring email/voice messages. If your request is time sensitive contact the boss. And vice-a-versa when he's away. Most people just wait and call when I'm back. It's the "not sure how to do this, so waited till you were back". My thinking is why don't you know how to do it and why couldn't you figure it out. That's the can't be arsed part. Have you ever tried a pogo stick? I did once, and once was enough! LOL I bet Friday can't come soon enough. Hope you have great weather and a super time.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night....PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Guess what - it’s hot & super humid again, LOL
                          We both feel like we’re running behind on garden duties but it’s just too hot to deal with all that. I was out long enough to water everything & that was enough. The dogs don’t want to be out, even the cats are in & out all day, Just saw a drought map of the mid-Atlantic & East coast, yeah we’re getting too dry for sure. Feel bad for the farmers, they are worrying about their crops.

PQ, you won’t kill anyone while the boss is away, right???? LOL
                          I know the thought must cross your mind from time to time though. We have to remain calm around the idiots!!! I hope today was just fine for you & the same for tomorrow. Doc has pretty much behaved himself today, maybe he’s starting to get the message, who knows?

Heard from Mick, he is ready to roll first thing in the morning. Touring Scotland sounds awesome in my book!!

Hello to the rest of the group wishing everyone a nice night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....the day started out with a bang! Fall registration opened and a lot of senior members come in to get me to register them. I'd forgotten about that. LOL Then the accountant showed up, WTH. She came in to print off some cheques for the boss to sign and that he'd be stopping in some time today. Guess she was too busy arguing about the refunds to actually do the work she should have. Sorry, just had to vent.

Lav...we got up to 32C today but there was a nice breeze that kept the heat away. No, I promised the boss I wouldn't kill anyone but not above walking out if she starts acting up tomorrow. I've had enough of her argumentative attitude. Actually I'm expecting it to be a nice quiet day tomorrow, only way to start of the long weekend. I'm glad Doc behaved himself today, it was probably more the heat than getting the message. Sorry. Thanks for letting us know you heard from Mick, I always wonder when he doesn't post.

Hope the rest of the gang is doing good. Have a good night...PPQP

Comment

MAE ALL...just checking in but I don't have much to tell myself. LOL Accountant at it again, OMG. Thank god it's a long weekend and she's off on Tuesday. Time to unwind.

Will check back later to see if Lav posts.

Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X