Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 11th

It’s Sunday so time for a new thread.

We had a better day today, slightly cooler at 81, 75 now after 7 pm. I’m on the deck being buzzed by hummingbirds, Lol
    I think YB has been reading my mind, he mentioned today maybe we should start looking for a smaller place, yes!!! He will be 72 in October & cannot keep up with the outside work, still has all that lingering mysterious leg pain. 2 1/2 acres requires a lot of work. I’ll have to start pushing again to get him to get rid of all the extra, unnecessary junk he’s collected over the past 21 years, ho hum.

Slo, I hope your red light therapy is effective for you. Sounds like you’re making progress on the move, little by little. Is your listing in line with similar condos in the area. If so, you don’t need to drop the price. Wonder how you can make yours stand out from the competition. Glad your daughter isn’t giving up & going for another try, awesome.

PQ, geez that’s a shame about your son, glad he wasn’t seriously injuried. Rest & time takes care of those type of accidents for sure.
    Hopefully his brother will be helpful. I. Imagine you are dreading Monday morning already. Maybe this week will be better, there’s always room for improvement, right? Hope you have a great week.

Mick, today’s pics were awesome. I’m jealous of your cooler weather, haha! Keep having fun.

Hello all & have a nice night everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

MAE ALL...thanks for kicking off the new thread Lav. The weekend is over way too soon Oldest son is doing ok, a lot more mobile but still hurting. Concerned about the swelling in his feet. I'm just glad that younger son will be home this week. I'll be wrapping up things in preparation for taking next week off. I have my employee performance review tomorrow and not worried about it in the least. LOL The fact that YB has actually said something about downsizing is a good sign. I'm sure there's a lot of accumulated items that will need to go, maybe his Amish friends will be interested in some of it.

Waves to everyone else. Have a good night...PPQP

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Enjoying these not so blistering hot days, 81 today. Well the tree guys got here & now there’s no trees left in the chicken yard. They’ve been cooped up all day & not happy. We have a lot of cleaning up to do & I can’t get my able-bodied grandsons on the phone to come lend a hand, figures. Now the chickens will have no shade or cover from the flying predators around here, we’ll have to figure something out. I have a few ideas.

IMG_7101.jpg IMG_7100.jpg

PQ, I’m 100% sure your eval went perfectly well!!! I hope this means a nice raise for you as well.
      Please tell your son to keep those feet elevated to reduce the swelling, that stinks. It’s going to a lot of effort to get YB moving on clearing out his ‘collection’ but I am determined haha!

Hello to the whole gang & hope everyone is well.
      Have a nice night all!

Lav
      Last edited by Lavande; August 12, 2024, 05:57 PM.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Greetings,

Lav, are you calling or texting the boys? Hopefully they will reply to texts, at least by tomorrow. That’s a lot of pickup! And two trees are involved.
        Yes, there’s nothing like moving to get one to get rid of things.

D1 & her HB bought the bigger house they’ve been looking for, and sold their existing house, in July. They close on both and move on August 28th. And D2 & her HB bought their bigger house, and sold their little house, and moved in July!

I am moving slowly with the moving, as it’s all I can do: my body isn’t working right. I tried to move three heavy boxes out of the garage towards the basement today, and it kicked up the nerve pain in my left foot something fierce, and caused out-of-proportion exhaustion. I guess I’ll have to break the heavier boxes into smaller loads.

That’s too bad about your son’s somewhat severe injury, PQ! Hopefully it will heal 100%. Good that his brother will be home with him this week, and you next week.

I don’t know if the Bedrock near infrared or whatever band is helping or not yet; early days. It has red lights embedded into it, and I wrap it around my feet, calves, knee, low back etc., for 10-20 minutes at a time.

had a nice day up at D1’s yesterday. Little Cooper is so happy to see me, and gives lots of hugs & kisses. I love 1-year-olds! Otherwise, I folded and packed a lot of clothes for their move.

PQ, should get a raise for sure, especially when nobody else there sounds like they merit a raise!

Hello to Mick the weary traveler.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

MAE ALL...you are right Lav, my eval was great. When he disagreed with a rating I gave myself it was to bump it to exceeds. He really made a point of telling me how much he appreciates me and my work ethics. He said he hoped I knew that I was his right hand man, even if I don't like being called a man. LOL Hopefully that'll translate into a decent raise. Can't see him wanting to give any of the other staff a raise, except maybe the building super.

Lav...wow, that's a lot of tree stumps. Hopefully YB can put his golf cart to good use. Isn't that always the way when you want the grandkids to help they're nowhere to be found. You'll have to remember that when they want to come over to eat. Hope your ideas work about dealing with shade and covering. Yes, I think you have an uphill battle with YB and his "collections". Thanks for the advice to son to elevate his feet, I will definitely tell him.

Slo...sounds like everyone's been moving in your family. You take it easy moving stuff around, you don't need to exasperate any nerves. Any chance of hiring someone to help? Actually I'll be dog sitting at my brother's next week so he's going to be on his own during the day. He'll survive. He is moving around a lot more, finds he gets too stiff always sitting. I hope the band does help, at least it doesn't sound like it'll do any harm. Yes, I hope the good evaluation helps with a good sized raise.

Waves to Mick and the rest of the gang. Have a good night...PPQP

Comment

Mae all how are we doing then? Apologies for not being on here but to be honest it's been kinda difficult. We left Skye..massive storm warnings and torrential rain.
            we are now down at a place called Bunree on the edge of Loch Linnhe.the views are superb. Both tours we did on Skye were disappointing the second one..the. sights were lovely but the organisation was very poor and the guide was the most obnoxious person I have ever met. So much so Julie has left them a review of no worth on trip advisor and sent a complaint in.definitely not worth the money
            hiya lav how are you doing? Good job with all the lumber there. What's this about down sizing? Any ideas what you are looking at?Somehow I cant imagine you in a flat in Lancaster. .you are too much of an outdoorsy person.

Hiya teegee how are you doing? Hope all is good and that you are resting.,but knowing you that isnt a non starter. Meant to tell you...when i was in Edinburgh I found the place where we made that record in 1969.I couldn't remember where it was but it clicked. White Horse Close Canongate Edinburgh. Hope you have a good day

Hiya ppqp hows you then?how is your son doing? Well done on the evaluation though to be honest he couldn't have given you leyou.lets hope it translates into kerching for you. Raining here a wee bit..but actually I couldnt care less.the view is bonny.take care and have a good day.

Hiya slo how are you doing? How is the foot? Has the heat helped? I hope so.yep I do get weary at times especially the other day. 7 hours non stop apart from to fill up Trouble is with a lot of these wee roads you have to think not only for yourself but the what ifs coming the other way etc.You take your time shifting that stuff if it means breaking it down then so be it.. sayscthe most stubborn guy in the world!!!

Big shout to everyone else
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

I’m happy to say I got a response from the boys last evening, picked them up before 9 am & put them to work for a few hours. They picked up everything except the largest pieces & drove the Gator back & forth to the wood splitter that YB was handling. He’s going to get the last of it on a dolly & roll it across the yard himself. Kids did a good job & are coming back Thursday morning to do some other stuff for us. Looks much better. The chickens were able to get out & eat the ants & other things they found, Lol
              IMG_7106.jpg IMG_7105.jpg

Slo, I don’t understand these kids with their phones. They keep them silenced so you can’t call them. So I send text messages that takes forever for them to see & respond.
              Boy your whole family is on the move, that’s a lot of packing, moving & unpacking. Glad you’re getting some good time with the littles.
              don’t overtax yourself, I know you’re getting anxious to get it all done, I would be too. Take care of yourself.

PQ, I wouldn’t mind being called a right hand man if it included a nice raise HAHA!!! Good for you! You deserve a raise & all the praise for not killing your coworkers.
              hope your son’s foot swelling is improving.

Mick, being chased out by iffy weather has been a recurring theme for you this summer. I’m enjoying your pics on messenger, keep having fun!

Hello to the others & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Well ~ Hello to me & everyone else, Lol

We had a sunny day, 83 degrees, low humidity, not bad. Had to go hit two stores today to stock up & have something to feed the boys tomorrow when they come back for another day of yard cleanup, etc. Nothing else going on with me, barely doing any embroidery work, just the occasional request. My nephew’s wife asked for a birth announcement pillow gift so here’s what we came up with, cute!
                FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_7110.jpg
                And that’s a pic of Bob playing in the weeds haha!!!

Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...well I see my post didn't stick around from yesterday. Oh well. Not going to repeat it so will just carry on.

Mick...son is doing better. He's still pretty sore but he's been more mobile and taking showers so it's progress. An obnoxious guide, someone you can't really get away from. Hope your weather improves.

Lav...sorry to make you talk to yourself. I did post yesterday but it could have been user error. I was glad to hear the boys finally answered and showed up. I'm sure they love driving the Gator. Looks like they did a good job and it's nice to hear they'll be back tomorrow to help out some more. I should have brought up the fact that I didn't kill a coworker, that should be bonus points. LOL Talked to my son about the swelling and he had already started elevating them. Made a big difference. He was able to get horizontal for awhile so that helped too. The birth announcement pillow is adorable. Bob looks like he's on a mission. Has Doc been behaving?

Late getting home tonight. Boss had emailed this morning saying he was taking a personal day and I just didn't trust the kitchen renter that was in till 5pm so I stuck around. There's some issues there which boss is going to deal with tomorrow. Just getting the programing ducks in a row as we start the new school year on Aug 28th. Didn't want to leave anything to be done after taking a week off, I'll have enough catching up to do.

Shout out to Slo and anyone else reading the thread. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Oy, look what the cat drug in

doing ok here and bouncing in many directions at once. Doing very well on the self-care side of things which is critical.
                    Mick, jealous of your adventures despite the crappy tour guide.
                    Lav, lovely embroidery work.. that's a skill I certainly don't have.
                    well, therapist, then a coffee date (wow! I'm trying to be sociable) then work zoom interview, then probably back to job search.
                    I shot a lovely wedding last Sat but of course I'm not going to get enough photo work fast enough to pay bills as I'm new in the
                    area so I'm poking around for some day work as well. zooming along.
                    up since 3:30 today so I'm already feeling loopy. ack!
                    be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya all.how are we doing today then?We are now down at Moffat...our last stop before home. Last night was an absolute nightmare with the wind and rain..it was the worst weather we have had yet and being in the open on the loch even more so.The drive down today took 3.5 hours probably one of the worst journeys I have done..the van was getting blown and battered with side winds and rain....and now it's sunny!!The lady looking after the rabbits sent me a message to say that they are doing good. Apart from that not a lot happening.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings,

Glad to see some friends dropping in here LOL!!!!!
                        sunny & hot-ish at 85 degrees today, tomorrow the humidity moves back in ahead of some crappy weekend weather, oh well. The grandsons rode their E-bikes over this morning, arrived on time, worked a few hours, had lunch & left again. These are my long haired biker dudes, haha!! (I miss the cute little boy haircuts - a thing of the past)!
                        IMG_7111.jpg
                        I have more work for them so I’ll keep trying to get them to come back!!

PQ, sorry your post was lost, seems to happen randomly. You’re right, the boys love driving the Gator of course. The older one turns 16 in November so it’s driver’s license time, oh boy. You absolutely should get brownie points for not killing a coworker - no sh*t!!! Glad your son is improving, the young ones heal faster than we do after something like that. About Doc - he met our UPS driver yesterday. YB was in the driveway with Doc when the driver pulled in. The guy was fascinated with Doc, said he spent 10 years training dogs in the military. He asked what kind of problems we were having with Doc as he was pulling & tugging at the leash. The guy said let him go - i’ve got this! YB dropped the leash, Doc ran full speed at the guy & just as Doc was about to pounce on him he put a knee up & knocked Doc on his butt, Ha ha! Doc hit the ground & just stayed there - perfect!!! He’s been like a different dog ever since. I’d like to have that guy come back in his spare time to teach Doc a few more lessons, I would gladly pay him. Hope your day was a good one.

Det, I saw your wedding pics, beautiful! You’re doing everything right to get yourself set up in your new location & back in business. One day at a time, always. Hope the coffee date was nice.

Mick, you’ve had enough weather woes this trip. You’ll be happy to get home & relax after all that, geez!!! Stay safe on the roads!

Hello to Slo, Cyn & everyone stoping by tonight.
                        Have a nice night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello Friends,

Trying to post on my phone. I left Daughter’s house abruptly the other night when it became clear that they didn’t want me there, and I don’t have WiFi (or furniture) here yet. So I will probably be brief.

Boss is lucky to have you, PQ. I hope he remembers to reward the building super too. Yes, you deserve a merit raise just for not doing in the annoying co-workers!

Mick, I can’t believe your trip went from bad to worse! You’ll be glad to get home.

Nice pic of Bob, Lav! And the teenagers, and the beautiful property. That sounds like nice grandparent-grandson time.

I may need to see if I can hire my strapping twin nephews to help me get some stuff out of a couple basement closets in D2’s home, plus my table that they don’t want, and I need back. They’re probably too busy though with work, and especially the one with football practice too.
                          Young 21 y/o daughter came home from college town, and she helped me by carrying a whole bunch of heavy bins & boxes out of my garage and into my basement. I was so relieved I could have cried! That would have taken me weeks, since I can only do a little at a time each day; and I would have had to open them and break them into much smaller loads.

Det! Are you still in Albania?

Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

MAE ALL...it was a surprisingly quiet but steady day for me so it went by fast. Happy to report that both childcare directors still have their jobs after their reviews today. Finally they both stuck up for themselves and told the boss that he is the one who created all the "unrest" with the childcare staff. He was totally clueless as to what was going on and why and is going to put a stop to it. There's going to be a "coming of Jesus" meeting next Monday (childcare staff, directors and the general manager) oh to be a fly on the wall.

Det...great to see your post and glad you're doing well with the self care. Keep it up.

Mick...wow, you just couldn't win with the weather. Sounds like a pretty nerve racking trip down to Moffat only to have the sun come out once you're there. Good news about the rabbits though. Hope you have some good weather for your last stop of your trip.

Lav...I forgot about the e-bikes! Great pic! I remember when my boys outgrew their cute little boy haircuts. Wow, I can't believe the older grandson is turning 16! My son actually came downstairs for supper tonight and was walking normally. No slow shuffling of the feet. So he is healing and said he was thinking of going back up north as he has all kinds of things scattered around the yard that is getting rained on. I don't believe he's ready yet and told him I'd hate for him to derail all the healing that has happened so far. I'm hoping it's more wishful thinking than anything else. WOW, how fortunate that Doc met UPS! LOL You most definitely have to reach out and ask him for more lessons, food is always a good bribe. LOL

Slo...good job on posting on your phone, you're braver than I am. Sorry about the abrupt departure from daughters house. Good to hear that young 21 y/o daughter stepped up to help you with moving those heavy boxes. I just bet you were relieved. Please take it easy and maybe the strapping young nephews could use some extra cash?

Missing the rest of the group. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Mae all how are we doing? Hopefully all is good. Well this is us..last day..we went into Moffat..lovely wee place. The weather has been kind to us today too.its been lovely. Have we enjoyed it?overall..yes..though the weather tours and midges played their part in knocking it down a bit. We both love being in the van and bimbling around .where the next trip is? Who knows. When we get back got a few things to do .

Hiya Lav...How's Doc doing? After the encounter with the ups guy?was it what he kneeded?.any more thoughts on house moving? Thats a fair chunk of ground now that the trees are gone

Hiya slo how are you doing today then? Hope all is good with you and the ahes and pains are under control. What are you up to over the weekend?

Ppqp..Friday...phone off..how was work today ?any more dramas?glad son is on the mend

Hiya Det how are you doing mate? Hope all is good .best to you for your business..you can do it

My plan tomorrow is to be on the road for 7.15 am..haven't told madam that yet..that would hopefully get us home by 10.30 ...we shall see

Have a good one all.

Comment

Working...
                              X