X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 15

New week, time is flying!

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Warm & sunny again but now a big breeze is kicking up. We are expecting rain Tuesday & Wednesday, hope so, we sure need some.

Mick, sounds like you’re seeing some improvement, good news. Keep behaving yourself - or else I’ll have Julie tie you to a chair LOL

Hello to PQ, Pie, Slo (where are you?), Det & everyone.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Sorry, I fell ill for the better part of the week. Caught a bug from Huxley and it really got me good. Flat in bed for days, weak & feverish. I’m finally recovered today and can tolerate normal foods, although still sweating a lot.

Just as well, as my foot took a nosedive with overuse with the lift, and my toes were so sore from being bashed against the shoe, that they needed complete rest and no walking on them too.

PQ, how was your time at the barbecue?

Lav, what do I do about sunflowers dried up & shriveled on the stem? Leave it, crush it, cut the top part off, or cut down further?

Glad to hear Mick is on the mend.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hi Monthly AB group! It has been awhile since I popped by. It has been a challenging summer for me, and I have been feeling rather flat since my son left for college. BOY did I underestimate how that would feel. 18 years of nurturing and then they go. Coupled with a health scare and waaaaaaaay too much work, I'm in a funk of feeling totally unmotivated. Haven't felt this way in decades. NO drinking though - 6+ years sober still. But a bit uncomfortable! So life goes!

It's nice to see familiar faces! PQ, what is it that you do? You said you "book" things. Slo, sorry you've been sick. There are some strange bugs around now. Hi Lav! You guys all sound good otherwise, and it's nice to stop in and say hi
      Last edited by KENSHO; September 16, 2024, 11:45 AM.
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

MAE ALL...frustrating afternoon! Left work around 2:30pm to get blood work done. There was an accident that had just happened, the arrow truck said stay right or left, stayed right to turn the corner and got stuck behind traffic so was late for the lab. Dr never did send me the req (I had requested it last week) but I figured the recurring one would still be on file. Nope, couldn't get hold of anyone to fax one, so will have to rebook lab work. It just won't get done before my checkup on Thursday. Then when I got home there was someone parked in my reserved parking stall. Grrr.

Lav...thanks for kicking off this weeks thread. Hope you get the expected rain, you deserve some. It's pretty brisk in the mornings here, just above freezing but warms up by the afternoon. You can certainly tell it's fall. Thanks for keeping us up to date with Mick.

Slo...oh no! It was bound to happen though. Take it easy while you continue to recover. The BBQ was good. Not as many people showed up as we were expecting but that's ok, lots of left overs. Rain held off till about 1/2 hr before the end but all in all was worth putting on.

Kensho...good to see you. Sorry you're in a funk but I can understand why. Good for you not using AL to cope, congrats on the 6+ years. I hear you about waaaay too much work and I'm glad the health issue was just a scare, not that it wasn't stressful anyways. I am the office manager at a community centre and basically I do everything! LOL Besides offering fitness programs and renting rooms for events we also have an Out of School Program which I was responsible for setting up the online registration for. It was a busy summer for me to.

Mick...glad things seem to be improving. Keep it up.

Time to unwind. Have a good night all....PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

I’m not used to the earlier sunset yet so trying to get the chickens put away & the outdoor cats rounded up before dark is suddenly a rush haha. Most of you know our friend Byrdie who lives in NC where they had flooding tropical rain & wind today. She had a video on FB, wow. I don’t think we’re going to get that much this week, we’ll see.

Slo, sorry you were sick, the old Fall viruses are making their usual rounds. Glad you’re over the worst of that. Enforced rest for your foot had to be helpful in some way. Whoever made your orthotic needs to be smacked. I’d take it right back & demand a major revision. Nothing should hurt your toes like that, what a shame.
          As far as sunflowers go I just pull the entire plant at the end of the season, they’re annuals & won’t come back next year.

Kensho, good to see you! I cried for a week after dropping my daughter off at college clear across the state. She made the decision to switch schools after the first year so she could live at home, lol. It’s hard to let them go. Sounds like your business is doing well & that’s great. Proud of you keeping your quit through all stress. Drinking never did make anything better, right?

PQ, sorry about the mixup with your bloodwork. Some things that should be easy just aren’t I guess. We’re supposed to be dropping back into th e70’s after this rain comes in, I sure hope so. The mornings are definitely nicer. Hang in there.

Mick claims to be improving, I’ll have to take his word for it haha! It’s a simple fact that we don’t heal as quickly after an injury as we age. It’s frustrating for sure. Some things just can’t be hurried.

Hello to Det, Sam if you’re still looking in & everyone.
          Wishing everyone a nice night.

Lav
          Last edited by Lavande; September 16, 2024, 07:04 PM.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

PQ, when it rains it pours! Sorry your time was wasted trying to get your labs done.
            Hopefully there’s a procedure for reporting cars parking in your slot. That would be annoying!
            Glad the barbecue was worth it in the end, and the rain pretty much held off.

We’re in what seems to be a drought. No rain in sight, hasn’t been any in a while, grass is all brown.

Lav, the sunflowers all around this condo that I just bought are annuals?? I was looking forward to seeing them bloom each year!

Kensho, good to hear from you! Hard to believe your once-little boy that we’d hear about grew up now! I still miss my college-age daughter. She was my little buddy for so long, my fun & funny sidekick; dependent on me for things, and always there…and then *poof* -gone.

Lav, how do you like that RAV4? was driving to my appointment today, and my transmission blew! It was dicey backing up traffic trying to get it to a repair shop while the engine overheated and before it completely stopped working, but I made it! Barely.
            And missed my double medical appointments after giving them no warning, and after missing last week’s appointments when I was sick too.
            I have already had two other major repairs on this car this year, so it’s time to trade it in.
            Thankfully a nice neighbor picked me up, and suggested renting a car and knew of a nearby rental place; so I will get a rental on Wednesday.

The orthotic isn’t too bad, but putting a lift under it to straighten my hips, neck, etc. is too much. The already weak, nerve-damaged foot slides around too much. So I’m back to crooked again, until my shoe with the bigger sole is finally done at the cobbler’s.

Mick must be stir-crazy by now.

Let’s all sleep well tonight! (and don’t let the bedbugs bite!)

Comment

MAE ALL...much better day today, the gods were in a good mood. No boss so that always helps, accountant is busy getting ready for year end so didn't see her all morning (she only works 1/2 days on Tuesdays & Thursdays) got my lab req emailed to me so headed to the lab after work as a walk in. It was an hour wait, which wasn't bad, and at least it's done. Don't know if the Dr. will have the results before my Thursday morning appointment but at least it's in the works.

Lav...I hear you about the earlier sunset. We lose an hour and 15 min in the month of September. So far can still go & come to work in daylight but soon it'll be dark both ways. Thanks for the update with Birdie, weather has been crazy everywhere. We'll be hitting the 20'sC/68F till Friday when we'll get rain and cooler temps, fall has arrived.

Mick...had a look at MSG after Lav said you claim to be improving. LOL Nice that you were able to get out for awhile. It must be driving you crazy that you can't be as active as you're used to. Hang in there, you're heading in the right direction.

Slo...on the bright side, when I couldn't get the labs done yesterday I still took the rest of the afternoon off, so there's that. LOL I do have proof that the marked reserved spot is mine so I can have the ticketed and towed but they would probably be gone by the time bylaw showed up. One time I told the officer that I'm just going to park behind them so they can't get out. Inconvenience me, I'll inconvenience you. He said don't do that, you'd be in the wrong. LOL Sorry to hear about your transmission going (and I thought I had troubles!) My sister has always driven a RAV4 and she loved it. I drove it a couple of times when I was living out there, it is very nice, not too big but big enough and the upkeep is minimal. Maybe you could rent a RAV4 to check it out. I remember when you added the lift to your orthotics, it did seem like that's when your issues started. Hope your new shoe gets finished soon.

Waves to everyone else. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Hey friends,

Late check in fior me, we just got home from a concert at the local high school which was very good!
                No rain yet, it’s taking it’s sweet old time traveling up here from North Carolina where they got waterlogged, sad.

Slo, I’ve never had a RAV4, I drive a Chevy Trax & I love it. It’s more of a personal size car but you can flip the back seats down if you need extra cargo space. I’ve never had car troubles with any of my Chevys. Sorry you’re dealing with that, I’d trade it in too. About the sunflowers, there may be some perennial types but I’ve never had them. I usually just buy a package of seeds & plant them, sometimes I start them indoors to give them a head start. Did your plants come with a tag that says exactly what kind they are? Hope your new shoe is ready soon so you can get some relief.

PQ, sounds like you got things straightened out, yay.
                I felt so bad for Byrdie last night. She posted a pic of their rainfall total which was just under 30” crazy!!
                Please send your fall weather here if you don’t want it, OK?

Mick, we’re all keeping fingers crossed for you!

Hello to Cyn, Det, Kensho & everyone.
                Have a nice night all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Everyone. Thanks for your validation and thoughts. Life's challenges don't stop when we quit drinking... I'm sure Iglad 'm not complicating them with booze!

PQ, it sounds like your job is like mine in that you manage chaos! I don't think I can continue to "do everything" any more. That's a good thing to realize, I guess.

I'm not sure what you're "on the mend' for Mick, but I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hi to everyone, and take care!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Evening greetings everyone,

Well we’re still waiting on this rain but I’m not so sure it’s going to happen. It’s a shame because so many flowers & things are still in bloom due to the extended warm weather & they need water. I know to be careful what I wish for haha! I’m in the process of stitching some designs on chemo caps for a young neighbor who is being treated for chemo. Her daughter was born the same time my grandson was, they’re both turning 16 this fall. I hope she can beat this lymphoma & finish seeing h er daughter grow up, sad.

Kensho, after all this time I truly don’t even think of trying drinking my problems away. I feel like I finally grew the hell up & choose other healthier coping methods. Life is never going to be easy, no one promised us roses, right? I’m glad you’re doing so well, remaining AF is the best #1 way to go!!!

Mick, I guess I should tell kensho about your infected knee & how you are behaving taking your antibiotics & resting as ordered. We’re all proud of you & I hope you get a good report from the doctor Friday.

Hello to PQ, Slo, Cyn, Pie, Det & everyone.
                    Have a nice night all!

Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; Yesterday, 06:02 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good evening,

I spent yesterday evening babysitting 2-y/o Huxley, and today traveling (in my rental -a Nissan Altima) to see Beckett (4), Mabel (3), and Cooper (1 1/2) -so my heart is full! Wish I could do more things with these kids, but I just can’t with the severe peripheral neuropathy hobbling me quickly. I enjoy their hugs though.

Lav, oh, you got a Chevy Trax last time. For some reason I mistakenly remembered it as a RAV4. Well, I think I already have a new vehicle lined up to buy! I stopped on the way home to look at Ford Escapes (what I have now), and I can get a gently used upscale model for a really good price. I look at it tomorrow at 3p, and very well may purchase it -even if it is black.

D2 (Huxley’s mom) wants her twin sister D1 (the aforementioned grandkids’ mom) to be a surrogate for her and carry a pregnancy for her; and D1 has declined for some good reasons. So I got an earful of all that from both sides.

Kensho, is there any way you can cut back on the number of projects you take on at work? It would have a lowering effect on your income too though, so maybe not real feasible.

What I don’t get is how did Mick’s knee become infected?

Tomorrow is an accountant day at work, PQ. But she should still be busy on year-end! We’re still pretty warm here weather wise (80s F).

Ta-ta for now!

Comment

Working...
                      X