No announcement yet.

September 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAE ALL...cold, wet, dreary day today. On the bright side we had a staff luncheon (we preordered what we wanted) so that was a bonus. The rain finally stopped around 3:30pm, sun came out and the Food Truck showed up so dinner was sorted. LOL

Slo...yup, it was a "hi-liter yellow” too, but it was gifted to me after my car had been vandalized so I was very grateful and never said anything. I just wouldn't choose that colour if I was actually buying it. My preference is blue, but the right shade of blue mind you. My 2014 ford escape only has 39,000 miles on it so I'm glad to hear it'll outlast me. LOL

Lav...what an ordeal getting that fabric. We have a busy street/intersection right beside the University and students tend to jaywalk instead of using the overpass. and there has been fatalities as well. So sad. The accountant was ranting with the boss today so I was off the hook. LOL

Missing the rest of the gang posting here but I totally get it. Wishing everyone a good night....PPQP

Comment

Good morning!

Glad your annual rheumatology appointment is done, PQ; and it sounds like the lab results may have made it there on time.
      You feasted yesterday!
      My preference is a blue car too; my Escape was a bright royal blue. Time to switch it up to something else for a change.
      I decided to defer picking up the new car until next week, and will enjoy and get my money’s worth out of this week-long rental car.

Lav, I thought I would be spending more time with the grandkids and helping my daughters more; instead I spend my time going to lengthy medical appointments three times a week, and can no longer even take a walk with my grandkids, or walk them to the park, or chase them, or go to the petting farm with them. But, I’m still trying to see them fairly regularly, during this window of time when they’re young & sweet.
      Logistics are now probably impacting Wednesday night dinner at the grandparents’ house for my niece and nephews too. It got established when the grandparents were taking them to religious ed classes that night. It was a way to work around the awkwardness of my brother’s alienation from his in-laws, and a way for them to help feed the kids a home-cooked meal when my brother was still working and drinking and not grocery shopping very regularly (his wife is deceased).
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Lav, that’s amazing that you have to cross two state lines in order to run to the fabric store!
        Thanks for the info on sunflowers, and I think mine are annuals.
        I was so thankful for a bit of rain the other night, as it is difficult for me to get everything watered.

Today I have an opportunity to travel to go to a Shakespeare play at an outdoor theater, and includes a picnic lunch. Should hopefully be a nice day!
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
        X