22 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 September

Hiya all ..tis me...How's we all doing? Hope all is good. Went out this morning to meet a friend. No problem at all...mind you it wasnt far. To be fair the guys i go taking pics with..you can't fault.
    knee is still swollen,is very itchy but definitely on the mend..I am puzzled as to what it was.first diagnosis was septic arthritis...second was septic cellulitis third was pre patellar septic bursitis. Whatever it was it wasnt funny and needed some pretty quick interventions.in total I had 40grams of antibiotics plus 1000 ml of the same.thanks to Lav and Julie..it was a case of errr I think you better go to hospital!!

hiy slo how are you doing?i have just had a quick read through the posts. And itcseems like you haven't been doing too good health and vehicle wise.I hope things are improving for you

Hiya Kensho..lovely to hear that you are doing ok . Well done on your no booze even when things are a wee bit tough.Be proud you own life now.

Hiya lav how's things with you? The black snakes dont look so impressive. You still thinking about moving?
    Thank you for all your help and messages too.

Hiya teegee how are things with you? How is work doing? Have you still got the same circus going on?how is son doing hope all is on the right track.

Hiya teegee how are things doing with you?

Right folks take care and thanks for your thoughts
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good evening friends. Happy Fall…..finally!
    I wasn’t sure I was going to make it to Fall after all the nasty heat & humidity this summer. I think I mentioned before the weather folks said this was the 4th hottest summer on record, geez. We’re looking at temps in the 70’s this week with a few chances for rain that we really need. We had a nice dinner & show meetup with YB’s sister & her husband in Lancaster last evening. It was fun to see all the aging folks (like us) enjoying the live music. Dancing in the aisles with their walkers & canes was a hoot!

Mick, glad you got out but didn’t push yourself too hard. Even after all this time don’t forge the R.I.C.E. Acronym, really helps with swelling & discomfort.
    I hate to admit it but our joints get pretty ‘touchy’ as we age so we need to know when to stop & rest. There hasn’t been much talk here about moving but the clearing out of excess, used stuff continues. We’re both on a roll with that haha. So, who knows what the future will bring?

Hello to PQ, hope your weekend has been fabulous. Tomorrow is Monday already, Lol

Slo, I just dropped my car off at the dealer for inspection & oil change 7:45 in the morning. I like dropping it off ahead of time, they’re good with that. The car is a year old now but still feels new, low miles, it’s good. Hope yo gets things straightened out with your car this week. Keep on enjoying whatever grandkid time you can get. We are meeting our daughter & her family tomorrow for dinner, haven’t seen them in ages. My granddaughter has grown so much over the summer, scary haha.

Hello to Cyn, still away?

Hello to the rest of the crowd & wishing everyone a nice night.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning!

My car mess is sorted; I pick up my new vehicle tomorrow, and return the rental on Wednesday.
      My illness, I have slowly recovered from. But pretty much over it now.
      Mick, who knows; maybe you had all three of those infections! Thankful that you are over the crisis and on the mend.

I went to a Shakespeare play at an outdoor theater on Saturday. For some reason, seeing a play = “take a nap” to my brain, and I had trouble staying awake and trouble enjoying and following the plot. Maybe I don’t like Shakespeare plays that much. Then it poured and rained buckets midway through, and we left early (me & my sister).
      I should have realized that it was only 77 miles from Young Daughter’s college town, and we probably should have arranged to drive there afterwards, got a hotel, and taken Daughter out for brunch on Sunday. Oh well.

Lav, glad you’re getting out for some fun outings with people, and that you enjoyed the music concert.
      And good news that YB is participating in the declutterring process too.

Today is mostly just my medical appointment. My washer repair is delayed now until the parts come in.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

mae all how are wee doing today then? hope all is good ...nice and sunny today to start with ...and then went cloudy .some parts of the country have been flooded .feeling not bad today ...had my knee iced up ...went for a walk earlier .about 2000 steps that was it ...managed it ok though .

hiya Slo how are you doing?glad you are on the mend too. I remember going to see Harry Potter when it came out yonks ago ...I snored all the way through it !I never went again .hope the medical appointment goes ok today

hiya Lav hows you today then?did you get the car back?any snakes today?glad you enjoyed the concert .....and were you dancing?take care and have a good day ..

hiya everyone else ..hope all is good with you
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

we have actually had a few light rain showers today, the first in a while. Just got back from dinner with daughter, granddaughter & son-in-law, it was nice to catch up with them.
          I had a very greasy cheeseburger & fries at Applebees but boy was it good, Lol. I guess I needed a good old fashioned American meal for a change.

Slo, good luck with your new car pick up. I hope it meets all expectations. I’m pretty sure I’d fall asleep at a Shakespeare play too at this point. I was interested in all that as a younger Person but not so much now. It is nice getting out to see people, catch them when you can I guess haha.

Mick, a 2000 step walk is pretty decent, good for you. Just keep babying that knee until this episode is well & done. I did have my car inspected & the oil changed this morning so I’m good for another year. No snake sightings today, thankful. I’ve actually seen videos of buff Orpingtons tearing a black snake apart, they don’t like them either although my hens seem to be. More tolerant of snakes haha.

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Pie & everyone.
          Have a nice night all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I have tried to post twice, but it won’t print my full message. I give up.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

hiya all how are we doing today then? hope all is well.Went out with the camera this morning ..didnt go far but really enjoyed it ...will put the pics up on messenger ..not a bad day at all.Knee healing up ...stiil sore but nowhere near as bad ..Fingers crossed we will be away next Sunday for a few days .

hiya Slo ..how are you doing? did you get the car ?hope its ok for you

Hiya Lav how are you today?So you had a good feed at the greasy spoon? sometimes we need it .again today I went for a walk ...I did in total ..6021 steps ..tbh I could have done more ,but certainly not being stupid .

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing ? hope all is well ..how is work going?

hiya teegee hope all isgood with you ...take some rest ..

Comment

Working...
              X