September 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello friends,

Cloudy with a few quick showers here again today leaving it feeling way too humid for walking around Longwood Gardens comfortably. We went (for YB’s birthday) but didn’t stay too long. Had a late lunch at Applebees. Will be baking a small pizza later when hunger returns, haha!!
    IF anyone is interested, this recipe for the hamburger buns is very easy & straight forward. Can’t copy the link for some reason. Look up thetearyonion.com

PQ, nice the boss even volunteered to help, haha! Sounds like he needs to learn a few things.
    You know how chickens walk around - thinking they are invincible, but we know better Lol. Waiting for some of your cooler air - please!!!

Slo, my daughter did OK having only one, younger brother to deal with. I think my being the 3rd in a series of 4 kids was the bigger part of the problem. The boys were bigger & louder & always got the attention. My saving grace was having a grandmother living with us. She was the closest thing to a sister I had & a 2nd mother too. I feel for little girls who don’t have plenty of women in their lives. We are all proud of you for hanging in & waiting out those confusing feelings. Keep being true to yourself, hugs.

Mick, Cyn & everyone else - hello & hope you are all well.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...YAY It's the weekend! YAY Finished the extra work for childcare as it was a very quiet day. I actually left 1/2hr early for a change. LOL It was at freezing this morning but did get warmer around 20C/68F. It's supposed be nice again tomorrow which is a good thing as I'll be at the garden helping to do the fall cleanup.

Slo...good to hear you're back to feeling you did the right thing, because you did. LOL I haven't felt or thought about the marriage for a long time. This is my life now and I'm quite happy with the way things all turned out. That was a long medical appointment, I'm glad it helped. At least the boss has a better understanding of the work I put into calculating hours for our Summer Camp. Every little bit helps when deciding on a bonus for me. LOL

Lav...we're supposed to get some warm temps next week so I'll send the cool weather down to you. I can almost feel the humidity when you said a few quick showers. I wish we had Applebees here, I really enjoyed them in the states. I think the boss gets too technical, some of his spreadsheets just leaves me shaking my head.

Waves to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Hi there!

After my medical appointment, I went up and visited the three grandkids; enjoy them while they’re young -and they are growing fast! They have moved 35 minutes closer to me, so it only takes just over an hour to get there now! The kids & their parents like their new house: nice layout, big yard, wide driveway for riding cars & scooters on, more room. And the neighbors let the kids use their trampoline & sandbox whenever they want (which is daily!).

Thank you for all of your wise, kind, & practical perspectives as I still fumble & grieve some over the changes in my life. I appreciate your encouragement.

Lav, my niece is the third in a series of four kids also. After two older brothers, she really wanted a sister; but she really likes her younger brother now (he’s 6), and I think she’s made peace with it. Oh, I’m so glad you had a grandmother living with you while growing up!
        Sounds like a nice birthday for YB. We are dry & sunny here, seemingly endlessly.
        My daughter was making homemade pizzas for her family tonight.

Despite the dry weather, maybe I’ll just let my yard “go fallow” and skip any watering, since it is October.
        I was thinking the same thing, PQ; that the boss should have an even deeper appreciation & respect now for what you can do, and the time & difficulties involved!

Good night, Friends.

Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
        X