Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 29

Happy Sunday & new week everyone!

We’re still stuck in the cloudy, damp yucky weather but it’s a but cooler at least.
    Nothing special going on with me, hope everyone else is doing well. I see Mick has landed in his vacation spot near a cliff. & water below. I told him to stay back & be safe haha!!!
    If anyone is looking for a tasty substitute for mayo - try blending soaked cashews, water & a package of Mrs Dash no-salt taco seasoning. I used it in place of mayo for turkey salad, yum. Much less fat & calories & cholesterol.

Have a nice night all!

Lav

AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

MAE ALL...cooler day, didn't even hit double digits today and rain arrived this afternoon. Nothing much going on with me either, just getting ready for work tomorrow which is a bit confusing as a lot of business are recognizing the federal Truth & Reconciliation stat holiday but not us!

Lav...thanks for kicking off this weeks thread and the update with Mick. Thanks for the mayo substitute recipe.

Will check in tomorrow. Have a good night all....PPQP

Comment

MAE to all,

It’s a beautiful, sunny day here -and not even very windy! There is no rain in the forecast for the next 10 days, and there hasn’t been any rain for a week…guess I will have to water stuff outside some.

Such a stately chicken, Lav! Glad your dairy-free mayo was a success.

Happy to hear Mick has landed at his vacation spot.

PQ, so the show must go on at the community centre, holiday or not.

Today I will pick Huxley up from daycare after my medical appointment over on that side of town, and spend a little time with him. That always brightens my day!
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

MAE ALL...today just flew by and it wasn't even crazy busy. LOL Got a lot of the work chores I've been putting off, done. I'm off to see my dermatologist in the morning for a year checkup from a biopsy. I'm not expecting any bad news.

Slo...it was cool here today, we had overnight frost. Fall has definitely arrived. We are shutting off our inground irrigation system on Thursday so no more watering in the community garden. We do get a lot of non provincial stat holidays off so without this new one I'm not complaining. The boss did ask us if we want Sep 30th off, what current stat will we give up. I'll keep my 2 weeks at Christmas and Easter Monday, thank you very much. Hope you enjoyed your time with Huxley and that he's healthy. LOL

Lav...I'll check in later to see how your day was.

Waves to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Good Monday evening friends,

Still have the clouds & light rain here but I did see one tiny bit of sun trying to peek thru the clouds, disappeared real fast haha!
          I made a double batch of turkey meatballs in the air fryer - 10 min & done. Put half in the freezer for later use. This works great for my old theory - cook once, eat many times LOL

PQ, I hope your day was as good as possible. Enjoy the cool weather - we’re getting there slowly!

Slo, picking Huxley up from daycare sounds like a nice opportunity to connect with the little ones. I hope you enjoyed your visit with him.
          That particular chicken doesn’t seem to understand the perils of all the predators we have around here, oh well.

Mick, glad you are enjoying your trip but let’s think about not overtaxing the knee……
          The more you use it the longer it takes for the inflammation to cease. Got it?

Hello to Cyn, Pie & everyone. I hope we all have a nice night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning,

Picking Huxley up early from daycare and getting him home before rush hour hit didn’t work out: there was a big fresh car crash on the freeway, plus some minor crashes; and we were gridlocked on the freeway for an hour and a half plus. I picked him up at 4:15, and didn’t get him home until after 6:00 pm. Thankfully he had a fresh diaper on for that long car ride, and Grandma brought him a nice-sized cookie, so he wasn’t starving.

Lav, that chicken may have a shortened life span. But she’ll experience more freedom!
            I like to cook once and freeze some for later too. Currently I’m enjoying chicken broth and chicken from when I cooked a whole chicken the other week.

Nice that you could finally catch up on the backlog, PQ.
            We’re still having 70s F weather, so I probably can’t turn my water off yet. It’s back to quite windy today.
            I’m doing well at keeping most of the cold symptoms at bay and minimal!

Happy travels to Mick.

Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Mae all how are we doing today? Hope everyone is well.weather over here is pretty brutal...it seems to be country wide with a lot of flooding..its hammering down here..so a day in the van with a little walk if it clears up.Brought my camera with me but the weather is too bad even to take it out. Had a decent walk yesterday so today is a day of rest anyway. Tomorrow we are going ito Newcastle. Ive been before but a long time ago.we are actually only 120 miles from Edinburgh. And yes the thought did cross my mind hope you are all ok
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
              X