October 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 13th

Don’t look now but a new week has started.

It was a pretty quiet Sunday here, sunny & warm. Still no rain & the ground is hard as rock, ugh. It’s fire prevention month in the US so I hope everyone is paying attention. Not doing something stupid like burning leaves. I got word today that my deceased oldest brother’s wife is now on hospice with terminal lung & liver cancer. Not a single family member has had anything to do with her since my brother died, not her kids even. She’s been living with her daughter’s ex husband & his newer wife believe it or not. We think he’s been ripping off her SS & other funds, no one cares. It’s been her choice to be a nasty smoking alcoholic all these years, no tears will be spilled. Sorry to dump that news here.

Slo, I’’m glad you enjoyed the wedding & your sister apparently is making good choices, good for her!

Hello to Ted, Cyn, PQ, Pie & everyone.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Hiya all how are we today then?its 8am Monday morning and methinks summer has said farewell. A frosty nippy morning. A good weekend was had,enjoyed seeing the engines etc.the site was mobbed yesterday...pretty near empty today .hope everyone had a good weekend.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey all,

I’m back to say I am happy because I got a haircut today, LOL. It really doesn’t take much to lift my mood. Sunny & very windy here which means it will be colder tomorrow. &I’m good with that. Roasted a chicken so there’s something to nibble on for a few days, yum.

Mick, good to see you. When do you return home? Glad you’re enjoying the trip despite the rainy times. Still wishing for some rain here.

Hello to PQ, I sure hope you’re doing OK.
      Hello to Cyn, Pie, Slo & everyone.

Have a nice night all.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi all,

I hope PQ is healing up! She must be on leave from work.

Lav, I guess you’re saying that your nasty SIL’s choices led to her lung & liver cancer, and estrangement. I guess you won’t miss her at all.

We’re getting more rain today!

I miss my old house. I could no longer care for a house that size, but I do miss it; my beautiful home & yard. Especially since D3 & her family are staying there this week. The girlfriend has moved in there with ex-HB, and she gets all that time with my kids & grandkids!

Mick, that was an impressive train in the photo on Messenger. I enjoyed seeing it.

I wish you all a good night!

Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

hiya all...how are we doing hope all is well. We are back home ..we came home yest afternoon had to come back early...you could not believe the sh.t this country has ..Julies dad was interviewed by some bloody do gooder gang ..now bearing in mind he cannot wash clothe feed toilet eat ..far less remember any conversation .this advocate came to see him at the home yesterday ...this is under the modern slavery act .to make sure he is not being held against his will.during the conversation this woman said do you want to go home ..he said yes ....result? they are now getting a solicitor to look into it to represent him ...who are these idiots .Julie is really at her witsend ..we got a phone call from the home to tell her .it is unbelievable .this bloody country!!!so we just came home ..Bearing in mind Julie has poa for his medical and financial affairs they had no right doing it without her being present. I need to keep quiet I am absolutely fuming ..come into this craphole of a country in a rubber bloody dinghy and you get treated like royalty, sod everyone else .
          Rant over ...on here anyway ..have a good day all
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening group,

Enjoyed a cooler day today, my kind of weather. Still waiting for a little rain, it’s been nearly a month I think since we had any rain. I’m in the process of collecting dried seed heads from my zinnia garden. I want to plant an even bigger zinnia garden next summer & share some of the seeds with whoever wants some. Made a dairy-free chicken tetrazzini for dinner, yum.

Slo, it wasn’t just me but also my other two brothers & their families that rejected the SIL after my brother died. She was too busy being a self-indulgent, chimney smoking alcoholic for so many years. When my brother was sick, she moved them to the middle of the country where we couldn’t see him or assist in any way. We offered all kinds if help & she kept turning us down. Eventually we all gave up & my poor brother got turfed into a nursing home - need I say more?? Our collective hearts were broken, she didn’t give a sh*t. So now it’s our turn to not give a sh*t. I got word yesterday that she was given 2-4 months to live but I find it hard she will last that long. In addition to the metastatic CA she also has a history of 2 heart attacks & only God knows what else.
            On that note - let me ask one question - do you think the new girlfriend is cleaning your big old house? Is she being treated like you were, do you think? If so chances are good she won’t last long. Does she work too? She would need a lot of damn energy to handle all that. I can’t help but think you will be just fine in your smaller place & having the grandkids nearby is a plus. Focus on you & your physical & spiritual healing. Sending hugs!

Mick, it’s not just your country, believe me. We all have those advocacy groups looking out for the elderly. They can actually be helpful at times, believe it or not. Asking an elder with a history of confusion if they want to go home is just plain stupid. Of course they want to go home, who wouldn’t? Can they take care of themselves at home? Obviously not & that’s why they are in the care homes, duh. This is what we have here: Pennsylvania’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program

The Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program helps people with complaints about long-term care services. It aims to solve these problems and make the long-term care system better for residents and their families. The Ombudsman vision is to "Advocate for those who can’t, support those who can, and ensure all long-term care consumers live with dignity and respect.” Mission Statement

“Pennsylvania Ombudsmen are federally mandated, legally-based and state certified via standardized training to actively advocate and give voice to older consumers of long-term care services, whether delivered in the community or a facility-based setting. Pennsylvania Ombudsmen champion the right of these consumers to achieve the highest quality of life and care wherever they reside. Pennsylvania Ombudsmen may be staff, volunteers or PEER residents; all are united through an impassioned commitment to listen, educate, investigate, mediate and empower through a visible presence.”

Don’t lose your mind over this, it will be blown over once everyone has their say. Glad you’re back home in your happy place.

Hello to the rest of the folks, hoping everyone is OK.
            Wishing a good night for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Everyone
              I am doing better. Sometimes it seems like 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I swear, dealing with the broken ribs was easier than this. I did go into work today but didn't last long. Apologies for not keeping up with everyone. Hopefully I'll be back to regular posting soon.....PPQP

Comment

Working...
              X