AF Daily Wednesday, December 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a fight with hubby last night-managed about 3 hours sleep, and frankly I feel like crap. All this anticipation and excitement for the kids--gone. I posted late last night on the daily thread just to get it off my chest so I won't go into it here. Going to be pretty tough to put on a happy face for the kid's sake, but I will try. I keep thinking about Brit's story about the single mom and keep telling myself I have no right to feel sorry for myself, but I still do.

You've got me thinking about my own "ghosts of Christmas' past". Until I met my husband, we had "normal" Christmases in my family. I remember so looking forward to spending Christmas with his family, because it was one BIG party. The friends and neighbors would all come over after we opened presents (with egg nogs, bloody marys, beer--you name it). I would drink all day and then try to eat a big prime rib dinner, and feel like crap the rest of the evening. Hubby and I would usually put santa gifts together drunk too.
    I guess since we are breaking tradition this year and going to sis in laws house Christmas day, it won't really be an issue for me anyway. If hubby wants to drink himself into an asshole on Christmas day--let him.

Sorry to be on a downer this day. I will do my best to get myself out of this for my kids.
    Merry (sober) Christmas everyone, and God Bless.:h

P.S. Thank you Cinders and DG for posting your support on yesterdays thread. I don't even feel like drinking over this (yet). I have to wonder if it would make my life easier in some ways though. I would sure hate for my marriage to feel like this the rest of my life or end simply because I quit drinking and smoking. How stupid does that sound! Don't worry, I am determined to be my own person, and I don't have to put up with his shit!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

New record.

All shopping done in less than one hour, in snowstorm and dealing with catty salesperson.

Like that would ever happen. When drinking. Never.

May your day be Merry, and Bright.

T

Comment

Thank you for your post DG.
        I am with you, I will not drink...tonight, or tomorrow or tomorrow night. NO MATTER WHAT
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

:l to you LVT and WIP. I have been thinking of you both a lot lately.

Let it snow - AGAIN! They said 2cm was to fall. Well, I woke up to over 2inches and it is just coming down still. ACK! More shoveling for this already sore woman! :H

Christmas Eve is here. For some reason I don't feel it. I hope as the day goes on I will find some excitement about it. I know it is because I will be sober tonight and tomorrow. A big change from many Christmas' past.

I haven't been sober at Christmas for 3 years, seeing I was preggers. Before that; geesh I can't remember. Christmas is ALWAYS celebrated with lots of AL by family and friends. Kind of sad really as someone ends up emotional and argumentative. So, hopefully I can set a good example

Not many last minute errands to do today. We have everything for the turkey dinner, and for when Santa comes tonight.

The kids are excited so I am praying it will start rubbing off on me a little later today. It is only 6:47am, so it is still early.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Way to go on your commitments for a sober Christmas!! :l

Comment

I've found it hard to post lately but I have been reading your posts and staying close to this thread. I just want to wish you all a lovely Christmas. Haven't been feeling so good lately but my daughter came home from uni and dragged me to the swimming pool. After just one session - 40 minutes and 30 lengths later - I feel so much better. We've been twice more this week and I can't believe the positive impact it has had on me - emotionally and physically.

Looking forward to a quiet family Christmas and a renewed health kick for 2009. Cindi, I hope you are feeling better today - thank you for thinking of me my friend.

I'll be back!!

love to each and everyone of you.

Janicexxx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Everyone: One little observation. I always started my drinking the day before Christmas while doing all the cooking. This Christmas eve I'm sober. Just now, as I was grating mozzarella cheese, I skinned my knuckle pretty badly. In my drinking days, I would have had to hide it, lest people think I was drunk when I did it. Now, I can make mistakes openly. Mistakes are a part of life (10% of the time, I think, is what the experts say). Unfortunately, when I drink the mistakes, injuries, goofs, etc. are much more than a mere 10%. I'm wearing my band-aid proudly, because I know I skinned my knuckle while sober. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

I don't have time to read all the posts right now, busy day and I need to run. I just wanted to wish all of you a special day full of family, peace, joy and love. All the best to you.

and a small haha, swmbo is not getting here untill late on the 25th due to weather (i know thats not nice) but it will be nice to have the morning to myself with hubs to watch the little one have fun.

Merry Christmas! nat
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

yep Mary, it's nice to make mistakes without worry. Hope your knuckle feels better!
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Probably won't have time today or tomorrow to get online (I am at work, sneaking this in), just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.........I hope you all have a safe, happy holiday!!!
                    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Happy sober Christmas Eve Aberoooooos!

you all get up way too early! hahahaha.

Dg you totally crack me up LOL I'm with the sober pact! sign me up for sober Christmas.

WIP the hungover/drunk feeling is something I hope to never torture this poor brain of mine with ever again. ugh! how repulsive eh?

AFM, careful shoveling snow. especially if you are alone.

so nice to have many old friends popping out of the woodwork lately. Great to see you all.

be well and safe my friends
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Happy Xmas everyone!!

Xmas morning here!! We've opened our presents and just about to head off to the gym before we come back for fresh fruit and yoghurt, croissants and coffee. I love having such a healthy start to the day! Then we'll do the unhealthy bit of the day with my family ..........

Hope everyone has a really happy and peaceful Xmas day, and my thoughts are with all those who have difficulties of any sort. These things too shall pass!
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Happy Christmas Mame! How civilised that your gym is open today!
                          sigpic
                          AF since December 22nd 2008
                          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi again everyone

I've read through todays thread really carefully - it's been a great help and very motivational. Am feeling a lot more positive now - loved DG / WIP / Mary's description of your Christmas's with alcohol. These have really motivated me.

Been very busy today, last minute preparations, wrapping stuff, church with kids this evening etc - now just got to wait for Santa, that's all! However I did manage 40 lengths at the swimming pool - it was great, the pool was almost deserted and they were playing loud Christmas music over the loud speakers and it really gave me a "high" feeling!

I'm currently sipping some AF "champagne" and i've more in the fridge for tomorrow. Doing fine so far
                            Have a lovely AF Christmas everyone, i'll check in at some point tomorrow!

Comment

Good going, everyone!

Strange... this is my first ever Xmas Eve alone. Pretty lonely, melancholy. I'm sitting in front of the fire, have read some old letters from my grandparents... part of an archive project I have been doing... Not a good time for that, I found. Too sad.

Time to watch something on Netflix!

I hope everyone is having a good evening...

Comment

Ah, I am not feeling so happy myself here. I am not drinking but I feel a bit of something absent.

Oh, I know... it is my husband who decided to end his life in March. This really sucks. Like how am I suppose to just pretend this isn't happening??? My youngest has been asking about him.

I am listening to Abba and Fleetwood Mac on You tube to try to drown the sorrow and ignore the pain.

XOXOX love you all.

Comment

Working...
                                X