AF Daily - Monday January 12, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not exactly a "newbie" but I have fallen off the beaten path the last few months and am trying to find a thread to join... I love the way you all think here, so hopefully there's room for one more in the discussion! I am on Day 2 and I think my mind and spirit might be where you are... I'm not overwhelmed with guilt and didn't behave horrendously this weekend (did drink too much on Saturday), but I simply woke up with a "peace" about me today that felt like I am over this... I am a new person today. One that does not drink... I hope that AL does not come in and attack that peaceful feeling. I'm going to do my part... One day at a time... But I really do feel like this might be my time...It's hard to explain... Anyway, thanks for this thread...Paige
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Happy Hangover Free Monday ABeroooooos!

thanks for the fab start DoggyGirl!

Vanilla, big welcome to you and so glad your not struggling! my advice would be to simply educate yourself and read up...lot's here. if a challenge comes up you'll be prepared for war.

AFM, sorry it's been a rough time and very glad you made it through unscathed.

SpiritGirl, lovely to have you here!

I'm off to save the world...one clove at a time

be well
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

SGirl: Thanks for sharing. Please join...this is a great thread. I loved what you said about having a "peace" about you. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Wanted to say hello to everyone. So far 2009 has been very good to me in terms of AF days. i went 6 days caved and had a drink and did it once more. So all in all I have had 10 days AF and continue to keep going. It's good to wake up feeling so much better.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Spirit Girl, there a quite a few of us floating around right now in the 1st week AF. I really am ODATing it, but the evenings have been a little tough. I may need to resurrect or start a thread -- I am by no means new to MWO, but I do think it's a good idea to have a thread where you can hang with those who are roughly in the same place.

As for the word "cravings," I hated that word when I was pregnant. Not for AL but for all the other foods pregnant women are supposed to "crave." I preferred to use the word "taste." ("I don't have a craving for coconut; I just have a taste for it.....") AND I did not crave AL when I was pregnant. I did have a glass of wine or a beer now and then, esp. toward the end of the pregnancy, but I just did not have a taste for it very much. I think your body tells you what it needs -- we just have to listen.

Comment

VOP, you are lucky not to have cravings. I would prepare for them...I always say, "have a plan" it's easier that way.

Just swept my car out, I think there was a 4 course meal fit for a 4 year old lying about in the back seat...

New faces, so glad you're here!! Nat
              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi all - got back from our tramp on Sunday but have spent all my time since then catching up with sleep and washing!! Haven't even had much time to read any posts until this morning. We've been a bit busier than usual as we have Uncle Mame's 10 year old staying with us for a few weeks, so doing lots of kid related things (going to see the "Collossal Squid" this afternoon!!!)

Back to work today ........... and boy, have I ever come down hard. Really, really dont want to be here and finding it hard to get motivated to get anything done (other than make a list of all the things that need to be done this week, which is depressing on its own........). And there is a bit of twisted logic in my head that is suggesting that a bottle of wine would help (one of my old patterns was drinking wine when I had to work when I didn't want to)

I need to give myself a good talking to. And I'm trying to think about how I can make things a bit better for myself ........ like I might just take a pile of work reading to the beach and at least that way I can get something constructive done without feeling like I'm missing out on the rest of summer!

But one good thing - we officially adopt wookie (one of our foster kittens) today!!

Sorry to be so grumpy, I just need a bit of a vent!!!
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi everyone
                  Quick check in - nothing to say really - been at work today - won't bore you all with nothing in particular! Just wanted to say I enjoyed reading todays AF daily, i'm fine, still sober and I'll be back tomorrow.
                  Take care all
                  Sausage x

Comment

Nice to see you here, Beaches BABY!

WAY TO GO on your AF days!!! You are doing so great! I am proud of you!!!
                    xoxoxo

Comment

Oh, and I really, really, really enjoyed my volunteering for a couple of hours today. xoxoxo

Comment

Yeah AFM I am glad you are loving this.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Good evening fellow abbers,
                          I haven't been posting the last few days, but read all of your wonderful words. Welcome to the new "posters" Mohun-Diddo 100% on your bar anaylsis! How waking up stinking like smoke, hungover, with a hole in my pocket? That was fun? hmmm afm-Congrats on making through a tuff weekend and let us know more about your volunteering experience when you get the chance.
                          My boyfriend of over four years told me today that if I kept this up I just might get that ring on my finger soon! It's pretty amazing the comments I have gotten from people..my appearence, my attititude, ect. It makes me realize that how much of a shell of myself I was walking around as. You guys have all been such an inspiration. I love coming on here to see that others can do it and are doing it with such grace and honesty. If one of us can do it, we all can.
                          Ok, I'm getting mushy, but thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X