AF Daily - January 20, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I need look no further than this thread for inspiration - a big Congratulations to all those celebrating those important milestones!! And, a big thank you for all your encouragement and support. Mary, I had another fantastic night's sleep last night!! Its no coincedence.

Beck, great to see you - miss you.

love to everyone, wishing you all a successful day.

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Top of the Tuesday ABerooooos!

I'm in too good of a mood for politics so my tv is in the 'off' position as it's normally been lately.

HUGE congrats to you all for the milestones and personal victories. I know that the 'normies' of the world just would not understand what they really mean to us (nor would I expect them to).

had a chance to listen to some E. Tolle on audio CD during a long drive through the desert yesterday. I always manage to glean so very much every time I listen to that brilliant man.

yesterday was quite fun, at our 'secret' training facility in the middle of the desert where I was demonstrating some of our new rifles, we got a surprise visit by some commandos from the Royal Dutch Marines who wanted to see what we were playing with. always fun to hang out with international coalition forces with their stories to tell. makes me want to travel!

Im so grateful that the thoughts of drinking have been so very minimal in my life lately. for one thing I'm quite busy with positive influences such as a hugely renewed exercise routine with 6 hours of scheduled training per week, and I'm also continuing the hypno every night as it's become very much a good habbit and I really miss it when I accidentally let my ipod batteries run down! d-oh!

I bid you all a fine, productive, and sober day

be well
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good morning all Absters!!!

Congrats to all for personal successes!!! These should not be taken lightly and should be celbratrated by going shopping!!! or massages!!! or gluttony!! or exercise!!! but not drinking!! but that is not celebrating!!

I, Det, am grateful that thoughts of drinking have been minimal lately and have been feeling well. I have been very busy at work and really not much time for much else. The weight is melting away without the AL. 10 lbs since Dec 16th!. Really not exercising as much as I should but need to kick it up. Will start that! Got to get rid of the leg arms! Getting ready for a 10 year grad school reunion in April and 30 year high school reunion in July so some serious motivations!.

Wishing everyone continued success in meeting their abstinence goals!
        Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
        - Tolkein

Comment

Well, lots of reason to celebrate for everyone!! I love a party, I will treat myself to my favorite raspberry soy-gurt in your honor. I think I?m about day 70 something?? I'll have to count.

Hope all have a great day!! Better get my arse in gear, I have a house to clean.

nat
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi all,

It's great to hear everyone's racking up their AF days.

I'm watching the inauguration. I really loved the poem by Elizabeth Alexander - not heard of her before.

I've had good news on the work front today - I'm freelancing and have been booked up for lots more weeks at the place that I've been working at recently. Phew! A little bit of security for a while!
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

BridgetJones1998;524923 wrote:
              Congrats to all for personal successes!!! These should not be taken lightly and should be celbratrated by going shopping!!! or massages!!! or gluttony!!
              LOL! I second that!

Congrats to all with milestones, you are wonderful and strong, hang in there! I am celebrating 5 weeks alcohol free and 1.5 years smoke free. Let's make 2009 the year to be free!

Love,

Doodlebug
              :sun::heart::h:heart:

"My Happiness is Not Dependent on a Poisonous Chemical Depressant."

Comment

MissDoodleBug;525294 wrote: LOL! I second that!

Congrats to all with milestones, you are wonderful and strong, hang in there! I am celebrating 5 weeks alcohol free and 1.5 years smoke free. Let's make 2009 the year to be free!

Love,

Doodlebug
                All aboard the freedom train...:racer:

Comment

Working...
                X