February 09 Abbercisers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 09 Abbercisers!

Angelcakes;558530 wrote: .I eat pretty much what I like & I'm quite greedy/hungry so this keeps me a size 12 rather than a 16-18.

xo
    I wanna be like you when I grow up!!!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

I agree with Angelcakes about eating more. I do struggle to find the right balance with eating the right amount of food, somedays I eat too much and others not enough. I still have a couple of kgs that I would like to lose. A long weekend here and I am going to go all out with exercising to keep away from the demon drink. Tomorrow I will do a boxing class, sunday pump and on monday I am going to do a 1.5 special mixtures of cardio, weights and abs.

Sausage, when you say 40 lengths, is that 20 return or 40 laps and how long is the pool? Swimming is not my strongest and I would love to get back into it again.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

have a good weekend ezzamae, sounds like you'll be busy

i'm going to a spin class right now...

have a merry weekend kids!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

an entire morning of exercise for me this morning - an hour in the pool and then 2.5 hours bike ride - and then I fell off my bike turning into my driveway at the end of it :H:H Feeling very virtuous .... and also completely f******d!! HAve had a long hot bath wit radox and some eggs on toast and now off for a relax with my book!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

sounds great aunty! i can't wait for summer in the northern hemisphere...we got 5 inches of snow last night and it is 1 degree farhenheit right now!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi All, went go-karting today and managed to burn my arm on the engine. It's blistered and I'm worried about it interefering with Yoga Lol!
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Ezzmae - re: 40 lengths - my pool is 25 metres in length, so this is 40 x 25m in total ( I suppose you could call this 20 returns?!?

If I'm honest I don't always count how many lengths I do each time - periodically I do and I time how long it takes me to swim 40 lengths and then I swim for the same amount of time, knowing that I must have therefore done approx 40. This is because when i swim I like to switch off, relax, think of other things and this isn't easy when you are trying to keep track of how many lengths I do, it is easy to lose count.

Am hoping to swim later today so if I do i'll post again - have a great exercising weekend everyone - start of a new month tomorrow!!!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi guys,

I'm still around but just OK, (I want to feel great! And I want it now!!! Wah, wah,wah.) Doing just light workouts about 4 days a week. Work is real tough right now, personal finances are tight and even my sport / hobby is aggravating me at the moment!

I'm coming up on four months AF now and I don't have any large issues with cravings or "not drinking", but I think I should have more energy and clarity by now.

After writing this, perhaps I should try to relax a little; "Let go and let God / Buddha / Nature take control." :h

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi everyone! Mame, I feel like I burned about 1,000 calories just reading about your workout!

I fell a bit short of my goals this week, mainly because I blew off Curves AND yoga yesterday. I felt guilty about that all night which should help insure I don't do that again next week. So for the week:

Curves: 5X (which is actually OK against a goal of 5 - 6)
                    Curves boot camp extras: 2X against a goal of 3X
                    Yoga: 1X against a goal of 3X min. AHHH!!! I think I will do a little session this afternoon just to keep up some stretching between now and class on Monday.

Next week will be better!

Tom, It sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself in multiple areas right now. So I llike your suggestion to yourself that you relax a bit and give yourself a break!!

(but only T3.1 gets a rest. :b&d::sofa: to all you other Abbercisers)

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

I'm trying like hell to fight off a cold. After trying to bake it out in the sauna this morning, I broke out my brand new yoga DVD by Sadie Nardini. I think I am going to like it. Silly me started with the full-blown advanced version so pooped out too soon, but look forward to trying the beginners portion. This is def not for anyone just starting out with yoga, nor for someone that uses it to "relax". It's more of what we do in class--power yoga. It moves quickly through the moves and really targets those core muscles. I'm pretty sure it will take me quite a while to do some of the moves Sadie does. She's great about talking about opening the heart, and bowing to you intentions, you know, yogi talk.
                      Anyway, it will be a good addition to my workout routine if I ever get one. :H

Namaste

-M
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

It's the end of February now - let's meet again on the March abbercisers thread, which I'm about to start off!!!

I'll see you there......

Comment

Working...
                        X