Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - February 5, 2009

top of the morning ABeroooos!

'please have your illegal aliens spayed or neutered' hahahahahaha. oh boy Im in a feisty mood.

so nice to see your smiling AF faces on this fine morning. I too was plagued by drinking dreams quite badly last year and wondered if they'd ever subside and thankfully they have. Now I just have my typical Dr Seusse dreams that makes absolutely no sense at all.

I heard a brief news piece this morning that identical twins are more genetically diverse than previously realized. that could explain why in some cases one twin is susceptible to alcoholism/chemical addiction while the other is not. That has been a strong argument against the 'diseases model'. I must find out more....vewy intewesting.

anyway, if you happen to see AL anywhere, kick him in the nuts for me. he deserves it!

be well friends!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hula, you have great fruit there right? fruit salsa with cilantro, garlic (of course) and red onion are fantastic on grilled fish or chicken. PM me with whats in season and I'll zap you some ideas.
      ok, now I'm hungry
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wheeee! Back home. Just wanted to drop in and say thank you for the support - Wip, Charlee, DG, LVT, Kitkat. It does help knowing there are other people going through the same "tests" and knowing how it feels. I was very glad to see my parents and family but, boy, I'm glad to be away from all that booze. Back to my vice-less life now :H

DG, I'm sending mucho vibes that your tests are OK.
        Wip, I agree with Charlee - take some time to relax when you can!
        Sausage - have you tried the various AF type drinks that can "substitute" for wine? The Schloer stuff for example? It works for me when everyone else is drinking wine to have some stuff in a wineglass that looks like wine and stops everyone constantly saying "why aren't you drinking?", coz it looks like you are.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hello again everyone

Just been swimming (we're expecting another big downfall of snow in my area tonight) so not sure what will happen with school / work in the morning.

Have now had chance to catch up on today's thread.

DG- thinking about you re that calcium test - hoping all is normal this time.

WIP - good to see you back home safely , for now - I don't know how you cope with all the balls you are juggling at the moment!!!

Interesting to read news of Green and Johnny's dreams - I had a really good dream the other night actually but unlike many of my drinking dreams recently, this was a non-drinking dream....!
          Some of you will be aware that I used to run marathons before my kids were born (have done 6 with a PB of 3hrs 57mins - my ambition was always to break 4 hrs) At this time in my life I was still drinking but not excessively - prob about 21 units a week. Anway the other night I had a really realistic dream that i'd run the NY marathon in 3hrs 30 - and when I finished I said "that's amazing, I really didn't think I'd do it so fast" and loads of people were coming up to me and saying "aah but its because you are not drinking now, it makes you so much better !!!!" If only this was true!!!! I would be curious to know what my next marathon time will be, assuming I prepare for it AF but of course i'm 10yrs older than when I used to do them, so i'm never really going to get a realistic comparison.

Marshy - glad the visit to the parents went well - sounds a real "test" but you passed with flying colours.. Yes LVT25 I do agree, you get stronger surviving these "tests" and I definitely have one coming up this weekend- long term i'm sure it'll be character building for me, but I have to survive it first. Mary, I'm sure you are right in that entertaining at home AF but with al around is harder than going out, and this is why i'm anxious. Marshy - yes i have seen many of the substitute drinks - do drink Schloer on occasions as it looks realistic although I do find it a little sweet. I 've found some nice AF champagnes also from an alcohol free drink website - bought a mixed case of stuff to begin with to see what I liked - som were awful but I found a couple of good "champagnes" and tomorrow night i'm planning to try a rose AF champagne which has had very good reviews.

Hello too to everyone else whom I haven't mentioned individually - its great to have so many supportive friends on here with one common goal.

I'll update you on how my weekend goes...

take care all

Sausage xx

PS - am having sausages for my tea tonight actually!!!!!!

Comment

Well it's day 2 of my cycle and I've written out a sheet documenting just how I felt last Saturday when I decided to drink. There were some bits I couldn't type, nor go into so just summed up what happened and the consequences. I think I may need to go back in a few days just to pad it out, and provide more reasons not to go there again.

Hoping I can get through some more days - today was touch and go but I believe first few can be.

Comment

Evening all,

I'm really exhausted so this will be a quickie. But great going, Marshy. That sounded really challenging. And Sausage, sounds like a plan would be good for your evening. Thinking it thru in advance.

I'm back in London now and just met up with some friends in a pub. Haven't done that in a long time. I didn't miss the AL. The thing that felt strange to me tonight is why do I have to participate in the rituals of drinking at all? We still did the rounds, and the guys would get me cranberry juice. So I drank way too much cranberry juice. I think I need to give myself permission to just sit there talking and not HAVE to drink anything. If it bothers the others, so be it. Do I really need to worry about other people possibly feeling discomfort if I don't take part in the drinking rituals that they engage in?

That's my question of the day. But I'm too tired to think about it, so good night all!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                Looks like everyone is having a lovely day! Pamina, I agree how funny it is that when we are around people drinking, we somehow need to drink something too. The last party I went to I ended up drinking over 6 sodas. 6 al drinks would have been normal for me, well probable more like 10, but still I found it funny that I was "keeping up" Habits I guess
                Well I wish you all wonderful al-free nights

Comment

Working...
                X