Girls Weekend Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls Weekend Away

I have just had my first AF day. Most difficult thing to remember is not to have a drink. Thankyou to those of you who gave support yesterday, this is something I have been lacking. This weekend I am going away with 2 other girls and the original was a drinking weekend. I couldn't wait until next week to stop as I am an expert in finding excuses. I am worried that I could get sucked into drinking and don't want this to happen. I have to go as this is to celebrate a goal that one of the others has acheived. This trip has been an incentive for her. I really need some coping skills to get me successfully through this akward weekend.

Girls Weekend Away

Hi Caroll. Congratulations on your decision not to drink if drinking has caused problems in your life. Checkout the tool box thread which is a "sticky thread" at the top of this section (Monthly Abstinence) for lots of great ideas.

The most important thing heading into this weekend is to have a solid plan worked out in advance. What WILL you drink? What will you tell your friends when they offer you alcohol drinks and/or encourage you to drink alcohol? What will you do if an intense urge creeps up? Are there lots of activities planned - I find I think less about alcohol when I am busy with other things.

Best wishes to you on your journey.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Girls Weekend Away

use this trip to celebrate your decision not to drink

Comment

Working...
      X