AF daily Wednesday 25 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will let you know how it goes! I know that they are all in the same boat, but I am nervous nonethless.

Comment

Wow, this thread is amazing...i agree with Mame, some riveting reading.
      It's given me a lot tot think about because I think I'm relating to the 'un-nutured child' thing more than is comfortable.

xo

Comment

Thanks Mary, I know the person who said that has 'issues' and it probably makes him feel good to see someone mess up more than him. Oh well, I am the one who is better off facing my demons and not projecting them onto someone else.

Good night everyone, another night SOBER!

Narilly
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

late night greetings from the graveyard shift!

wow, this thread has so much content and I'm tired now and couldn't possibly properly address all the great posts.

big welcome back to Loppy and Maddison, good to see you both back.

AFM, whats a lifering meeting?

Joanna, you are an amazing person, more power to you hon. and your family.

whew, driving all day and it's good to be home.

I hope I have the mental wherewithal to comment of some of this material by morning.....see you at coffee time

be well friends
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Aloha, good night and sweet dreams! There's a lot to think about here. Hubby and I have had the conversation many time about how we remember our childhoods, and how our parents remember it. Parents say "Oh we were so involved with you kids." Child remembers "Parents never came to my swim meets" (just one example) Now after "going through" the parenting cycle ourselves we wonder how our children's perceptions and memories of growing up in this family will be so different from what we thought our family experience was like and how we tried to "shape" their lives. (Was marching band really that bad? LOL)
            sigpic

Comment

Children are aliens!

One thing I know for sure and it is something we tend not to be aware of as we become adults, children sure as hell have a different outlook on life than we do. They think completely differently to us; their brains ARE NOT the same !!

I can be talking to my 7 year old about something and she'll respond with something totally off the track

Me: 'What are you going to do about ALL THOSE clothes on your bedroom floor?'
              Her: Did you know a Panda eats bamboo?

I exaggerate but you get the point. Our priorities are not theirs and vice versa.

When I talk to my friend about something that has happened at school with our daughters, their interpretation of events is so different to ours. It would be great to be able to remember more of what we felt and how we saw the world as children. I know it would help me in my child rearing now.

Why am I saying all of this? I can't remember! No I think it was because of the discussion about how our own parents will have a different view of how they brought us up to our own and how we will remember different events as being significant. For me, it was the 'I always put food on the table for you and made sure you had a warm coat'. Me: 'yeah great but you never put your arm round me once' :upset: We can't blame our parents as others have already said. If we are parents ourselves, we know we have good intentions really and make loads of mistakes. They are a product of their own upbringings and cultural experience in the same way we are.

Determinator; thanks for your support. x

Her:
              AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X