Got dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got dreams?

I've heard about drinking dreams, but now I'm having them and they suck! I've had a few since I've been AF that I have forgotten that I quit drinking and go ahead and drink, only to be supremely brokenhearted afterward. I guess it's a good thing - because it reminds me how much my sobriety means to me. Much better than dreaming that I drink and it's all good.

Anyone else have drinking dreams?
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Got dreams?

MY, My.....welcome to the club ! They will come, and you will sweat.......Yes then you wake to know that it was all a dream !! ( remember the last epposode of Dallas! Ha! ) LOL IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Got dreams?

I had them at first and they seemed so real...after a few weeks AF they went away for me and have not returned...It was about the same time that my sleeping pattern returned to normal, that they stopped THANK GOD ...
      I woke up once screaming NO NO NOOOO and scared my husband right out of bed and on to the floor...poor guy, what he has been thru being married to me...
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Got dreams?

MOW,

Yes I had the drinking dreams when I first got sober. All just part of it. I haven't had any in awhile, Thank God.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Got dreams?

Yepper - had a few of those. Had even more when I quit nicotine for some reason. The most logical explanation I heard was that it is the subconscious mind trying to get a "fix" when the conscious mind is not allowing that.

Sure is great when you figure out it was all a dream though, eh?

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Got dreams?

Bizarre - I've just posted a new thread about a drinking dream last night. Has freaked me out a bit.

B.
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Got dreams?

Whew. Okay, glad to know I'm not alone, though I'm sorry you all have had them too!
              FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
              X