AF Daily - Sunday March 1, 2009!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Work in Progress;560096 wrote: Sorry, AFM, I was not at all thinking of you when I posted the thing about "baby steps." It's used a lot around here, and I do understand what people mean by it... it is certainly meant to be encouraging, and it may very well be helpful to some! For others... maybe not so much so, for the reasons I wrote about. To me (and this is just me, maybe nobody else feels this way about it), if you had suggested to me that I should use a "baby steps" approach to my own horrible alcohol problem, and my recovery, I would have felt patronized, or not taken seriously... I just don't like the phrase, I guess!
    No worries! I can totally see where you are coming from.

I never thought of it as being a way to patronizing someone. I can understand that it could very well be taken that way.

There is always two sides of the coin. If someone felt that I was excusing them for giving in over and over again; I certainly did not mean to give them the excuse to drink. I was sincerely encouraging them to keep on trying.

If someone felt I was patronizing them; then I would like to know.

It is just so damn hard to get a feel for personalities here at times. A lot of the time, I don't even know what to say!

Comment

Well that was fun. I did a little baking for the wife and kids this morning (they were off to a competition) and decided to give the kitchen a good clean.

Anyway, there was an open bottle of wine as my wife had a glass with supper a week ago. I decided it was probably not so good anymore and dumped it down the drain. Once I started to pour it out, a feeling came over me that was like "screw you AL!!!!". Not sure where that came from, but it felt good. It might have been because I didn't give it a second thought about not dumping it out. :H

Mo.

Comment

Mohun! Excellent job for dumping it down the sink! Could you please do some baking and send it down here? I hate to bake. Love to cook; hate to bake.

AND if there were a bottle of wine; minimum half full, I would drink it. I still can't be around AL or have it in the house, especially on a Sunday. (It was my favourite day of the week to drink. It was the rebel in me. I guess I loved to start the week off feeling like complete shit!).

Comment

You guys are hurting my head!! I am in a fog. I keep telling myself over and over--"you are not sick......." Some interesting thoughts for sure.

I'm sorry I can't remember who, mentioned setting their Blackberry to remind them of "anniversaries". Well, on the way to Church this morning mine beeped and when I looked it said : NINE MONTHS TODAY!! Which means nine months since I quit smoking, and nine months since I've been drunk. OMG!!! At the end of this month will be 6 months AF. Hard for me to fathom.

The bridal shower was fun. I ate lots of cake and home made mints and af punch. My friend asked me if I didn't like wine and I just said it didn't like me. No biggy.

A younger friend of ours I've mentioned before came out and spent the night with his little girl. He had some news and didn't think he should be alone. So he chose us. I'm glad we could be here for him, he said he was seriously thinking about going to the bar and he has been sober 8 months! I enjoy talking to him--he goes to AA and a counselor, I'm sure he appreciates talking to someone that knows what it is like to quit. I have to wonder how hubby feels though......he wasn't drinking last night I don't think.

I need a nap. I hate being sick....no I'm not!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

One more thing to be grateful for not being hungover for today is that I watched a movie called "Vantage Point" last night. I remember everything about it. I am pretty sure if I was drunk last night I would wake up today very confused about that movie. It plays the same stuff over a lot. I probably would have woke up thinking that I watched it several times...:H

Comment

starting dates were always challenging for me since I'm a terrible procrastinator. usually I'd stop after a binge because I simply felt like death, and that became my start date. kind of pathetic but ....it worked.

if I could have known how my life would blossom without alcohol I would have mandated a personal 'start' date decades ago. oh well.
              Deter, You have these wonderfully uplifting statements from time to time that really help me with my motivation! Needed that today!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, we all do our part

LVT, huge congrats on your NF and AF times! I like happy surprises like that
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Way to go LVT, 9 months WOW!!

DG- VERY cute dog. I will post mine one of these days.

I am going to an AA meeting tomorrow night- I would say it is my 'home' meeting. The people are great there.

I am sober today- it has been 2 Weeks! It may get harder now as time goes by and the stupid things I did are a distant memory- I will not let myself slide. (note the language DG!)

Ttyl,

Narilly
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X