March 09 Abbercisers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 09 Abbercisers

I am sore and tired this week. The gym has started to change their class programs, I think it happens every 3 months. I can barely sit down with the muscle stiffness. And worst of all the scales have gone up by 1kg. Very depressing. I did body pump followed by body combat on tuesday, on wednesday I did a half hour abs workout with a fitball and then 1 hour of step. Today I did body attack, the new one. So not only am I extremely tired but fatter too. But on the bright side I had an amazing nights sleep last night.

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

ezz, i notice weight fluctuations, i wouldn't worry about it...you might be retaining water or getting your period. hope you feel better soon!

aunty, exercise is crucial for me as well...i even tink i go overboard sometimes, but it's better than drinking eh!?

i walked 5 miles today and did a 45 minute spin class...i feel good because spring is near!

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

last call...how are your calves!!!???

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

Hi Hi - Have my head in my books so not much time. The burn on my arm is still stopping my Yoga, but it's starting to heal now. I feel great, and my skin is looking so much better - at last! Will do 2nd running session of wek tomorrow and report back

Bx
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

Hi All,

Just waiting for the rain to stop and I'll be out for a run - I now have a goal of getting to running 45 minutes by April 4th as that's when my new running group starts. I find it hard to get beyond the 30 minute mark at the moment - I'm not sure if it's a psychological block or physical - it's a bit like my 6pm 'drinking hour' - I don't need to look at the watch to see that I've run for 30 minutes, it stops of its own accord!

With regards to weight gain during excercise, muscle weighs more than fat so it's not unusual to gain some weight when starting muscle-building excercise. Someone also assured me that for the first 6 months you can expect fluid build-up (something again to do with the muscles!) but that this, too, would go after a few months and you'd see the new bod materialise, 6pack and all! OK, I'm buying it and waiting to turn in to that butterfly after my 6 months regular excercise!

Hang in all and enjoy whatever your choice of torture (well it still seems like that to me at the moment!) - I KNOW it will get easier....
            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
            Goals:
            Days 1-7 DONE
            Days 8-14 DONE
            Days 15-21 DONE
            30 days DONE
            60 days
            100 days

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

Wow last call - I hope your calves are feeling better!

Arial good for you jumping on the Abbercise bandwagon. I swear it helps. Can't hurt in any case, right? Your new running group sounds like it will be fun, and a nice social thing that does NOT involve a bar! (or BIG drinking anyway..)

SB I'm glad that burn is getting better!

peace I agree that overboard on exercise beats the snot out of overboard on booze.

ezzmae, I know you push the envelope really hard with your exercise. And it sounds like you are pretty sore - I've read that water retention is common when we really push and have sore muscles. Has something to do with the healing process in the muscles IIRC. If you are eating right and working out, I think your body composition will go where it is supposed to be. I know how hard it is to just trust that though!

Mame - I'm with you about exercise being crucial to sobriety for me. I haven't really ever given chiropractic care much of a go. But the lady I'm thinking of going to comes very highly recommended by multiple people that I know really well through a business network. I think that is something you might want to look for - a referral rather than just the yellow pages (or whatever they call your phone list there!) Let me know if you try it. I will do the same. I have another medical issue that I have to deal with so I am trying to hold off on any other medical type investments until I figure out how much this other thing is going to cost.

I really need to do a yoga session today to stay on track there for the weekly goals. But Curves is going well - I will do my 3rd boot camp extra and bonus Hula Hoops today. I'm likin' that hula hoop thing. Barring some emergency, I will get in 6 Curves workouts this week. I tried dropping it back to 4 or 5, but Mr. Evil didn't seem to like that. Now that I'm back to going every day but Sunday, my weight is back in the middle of my goal range. (and I made sugar free cheesecake over the weekend so of course have a piece of that every day - it's not exactly low cal!!) I'm happy with the weight / workout status.

Have a great abbercizin day everyone! :b&d::sofa:

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

Fitted in a swim this lunchtime, whilst my kids were at school / nursery, so I won't have to go tonight. The pool was very crowded though, with school children having swimming lessons and generally messing about, so I didn't enjoy it much - still worth doing I suppose!

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

someone kick my butt!!!

the treadmill is calling and i'm ignoring it...

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

Hi all, went to pump this morning - DG, it's a 1hr class using weights. You work a different part of the body for each track - so by the end you've worked you're whole body...pretty awesome. Increased the weights a little.

Ezz - sheesh girl...I really have to try combat or attack - I peeked in the window at an attack class last week & was exhausted just watching. Cardio is not my thing but I'm gonna give it a go. Mr Cakes was with me & said 'OMG it's like a nightclub without the al & drugs, and better lit'....ah that's why I like the gym!!
                    Oh, and I don't even get on the scales anymore...I don't seem to loose weight but my body shape has changed. A 5kg lump of fat is about twice the size of a 5kg lump of muscle...so you can be getting smaller/more toned but not show it on the scales.

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

Oh Peacenik...get on there & just start with a slow walk. Go on...on you hop...

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

i did it angel!

treadmill 45 minutes alternating running and walking every 5 minutes...then my blood sugar dropped and i staggered upstairs to eat some candied papaya!

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

Well done Peace! Just did my 2nd couch to 5k session. Woo hoo!
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

I have decided to lift less weights and focus more on cardio. Angelcakes - you would love BodyAttack, it really does burns the calories and has some great dance like moves. I think that in future I will do only 1 pump class per week. I do a circuit class on Fridays where I lift really heavy weights, but for shorter time than pump. I think that should be enough weight lifting for my small frame - I don't want to end up like looking like a weightlifter. Got on the scales today and I had gained another 300g. Sometimes weight loss makes no sense to me.

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

Beautiful swim in the harbour tonight .......... it was raining and misty and nobody swims then (go figure!!) so I pretty much had it to myself. Tried out my new wet suit and decided that it was worth every pennny that I couldn't afford!!
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

March 09 Abbercisers

sounds beautiful aunty mame, which harbour are you swimming in?

I was speaking to someone today who does personal training, she just looks like an ordinary person, no extra fit athletic body. In 30 minutes she does 400 squats, interval training with weights and 4 800m runs to finish off. 400 squats?? I wouldn't be able to sit down for weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X