Day 4 - Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4 - Thank You

Good morning to all of you. I am now of my 4th day AF. I am struggling a bit with "seeing life through a different lens" - feeling emotional:upset: - pulling up on my commitment every time I feel that little voice saying "it's ok - just one glass of red wine while you cook dinner". Trying to shut it out. Cooking is a treapy for me - so am planning a fun dinner tonight. Will my cooking be less interesinting without all the "alcohol fueled" creativity?
    Anyway, haven't been here long enough to connect with you that have been here awhile and just want to thank you for being here. A place to go when I am feeling weak or alone.Hope to get to know you all better as the month progresses.

Day 4 - Thank You

Hi Season. A big congratulations to you on Day 4 AF. Well done. Keep up the good work.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Day 4 - Thank You

WS - congratulations on surviving Day 4! Those early days can be a real challenge. You are wise to stay close to your resources such as MWO.

I too spent many years ALWAYS having a glass of wine or a vodka drink nearby every second in the kitchen. So it felt challenging at first to cook AF. It's interesting - the more you cook without that glass of wine handy the sooner you won't even think of it any more. WIP has made some interesting posts about how this all works in the brain - new pathways and such. Basically, we develop a new habit and it becomes habit through practice. You might be pleasantly surprised at how soon AF cooking is just something you do without even thinking about AL any more.

You are doing a great job!! Just keep saying "no" every time that thought comes along. WE CAN DO THIS!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 4 - Thank You

Thanks, Panicked and Doggygirl!Cooking went great last night - even managed to read an entire book this weekend - "Still Alice" - a great read about a woman with Alzhiemers. REALLY made me want to preserve my remaining brain cells by not clouding them with alcohol. Brought on feelings of appreciation for the health I have been blessed with - made me want to kick myself for being so crazy with alcohol and taking a healthy body for granted by pouring poison into it.
        Day 5 - here I come
        Blessings to you all and happy Monday!

Comment

Day 4 - Thank You

Good luck on day 5. :thumbs::wd::happy:
          Starting over again
          ray:

Comment

Day 4 - Thank You

I too fortified myself whenever I cooked. I takes a while, but I no longer do that. I'm still a good cook by the way. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Day 4 - Thank You

not partaking while cooking was hard for me too!
              now i know that what i make tastes good for real!

Comment

Working...
              X