AF Daily - Monday March 2, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually have a picture of this one peeing on my flowers. I need to dig that one up for the spring / summer season of marking!

Good morning Ab Landers and Happy Monday to one and all!

:yougo: CONGRATULATIONS LVT on 9 months smoke free and drunk free! :yougo:

Mo, good for you pouring out that wine! How is little Tucker doing today? We need a new picture. We need pics of everyone's doggies!

Princess Cleopatra (yesterday's Doggygirl Doggy) thanks you all for the compliments you gave her yesterday, which in her opinion she so richly deserves. If only her immediate family would compliment her and show her such preferential treatment on a daily basis, life would be as life SHOULD be. But she will keep workin' it.

The ham turned out really good. I'm looking forward to some leftovers for lunch later today. Thank you thank you to everyone here who gave tips and tricks for ham cooking! It sure helped and worked. It was good to see Mom & Dad. With my Dad's health issues, they haven't been here for dinner very many times since I've been sober. Some drinking thoughts caught me by surprise yesterday. Of course I didn't drink but it was a sure reminder that the guard rails must ALWAYS stay up. Thankfully my Dad stayed calm yesterday (I think that's good for HIM to just relax!) but I realized that the anticipation of his often "angsty" mode is something I dread, and certainly something that was a trigger. He just gets excited and in a hurry over everything and that can cause stress. I realized that drinking over it never helped and probably made it worse. (what a shocker!) I have a rebellious spirit and I think I intentionally dawdled which of course made him even nuttier. Yesterday I made of point of having things very close to "ready" when they arrived and that sure works a lot better.

Life is just one huge learning opportunity sometimes, no matter how old we are.

Happy Monday Everyone!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

It's gonna be another great day AF. I woke up in a wonderful mood and then found that I was sent a ugly PM by a person who keeps changing their name. I've not been on here long enough to know this person. It's really ticking me off, but not enough to drink. I just feel very sad for this person.
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Hello all!

It's a gorgeous sunny morning - and it's showing up how dirty my windows are so I've been doing a bit of spring cleaning! Bored with that now, so I'm off to the gym. Not working today.

Well done for getting through a family challenge, DG!

Aprilmoon - it IS going to be a great AF day! Don't let anyone throw you off course.
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Woke up to a blizzard this morning! I am so longing for spring...
        DG, glad the ham dinner worked out...your preparations certainly paid off.
        April -- don't let that one person deter you in any way...you've been so strong and a very positive force here.
        Marshy, how about sharing some of that sunshine?
        Looks like I'll be house-bound for today...will try to psyche myself up for an indoors workout. Have great AF Monday everyone :h
        ~K.

Comment

Hi Everyone: I only have a few moments to post but wanted to check in & express my appreciation & gratitude for being sober today. I'm working on a gratitude list w/my spons & sobriety is #1. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Let's see if I can do this. My canine best friend:

DG -- glad dinner went well. I swear I smelled the ham.

AprilMoon - hag with us, it will get easier.

Kirova - sometime there's more satisfaction in the indoor workouts because it's so hard to get started. have a good workout. Any exercise is better than zero.

I got a lot of exercise yesterday and will have a busy Monday. Have another great AF Monday.

Marshy - it's very cold here and I'm over it.

Comment

Good Morning Friends,

DG, so glad it went well and that you just let those drinking thoughts roll off. I am jealous, I want some leftover ham.

AprilMoon, Good heavens what a mess that whole thread thing was. Stay over here for a while. None of the loonies come to visit here. Well, except us loonies.

Marshy, You can come do my windows any time.

Kirova, while we aren't having a blizzard here in Alabama, it is currently 20 degrees F and high wind. Brrr from the south. I think I'll stay in today, too!!

Mary, I am working on my AA homework today, too. I am putting a lot of thought into these resentments to work with my sponsor on. I think letting go is going to be incredibly cathartic.

Speedster, Awww. What a cutie. I love the pooches. They give so much love.

All to come, please have a wonderful AF Monday.

I am grateful to have this group to hang with as I walk this road. You all give me strength each and every day. It helps.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi - you're doing really well these days! It brightens my day to see your posts are so positive and focused. Keep up the good work!

Comment

May I introduce little doggie?
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

OK I didn't want to have to do it but now I see that I must. I happen to have the prettiest, loveliest, smartest dogs in the world. Ruby and Scarlet!

Comment

HI Everyone

Just checking in....this is a wonderfully positive and cute dogified thread.....all pictures equal in cuteness!

Well done to all above. Too many to mention individually due to time constraints....bloody work!

I am doing great...today is day 9 AF...should be fine trundling through the week to saturday again....so time to start thinking about my saturday plan for this week soon.....

Happy Monday to ALL love MOO
                      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Inca

This is my lovely lab collie Inca; she's coming up for 3.

Day 43 and still going!

Jo Attached files [img]/converted_files/826564=4820-attachment.jpg[/img]
                        AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

I don't think I did that right . How do you cut and paste it onto the post?
                          AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Good going, mooderator and Joanna!

Joanna you have to use Photobucket to get the picture actually displaying in the post, I think. It's kind of a pain. Go to their website, set up an account, then you can upload pictures from your hard drive into Photobucket, and then you can post them here... You have a very cute doggie, anyhow!

OK I must admit everyone here has lovely dogs... It's fun to show them off, isn't it?

Comment

Everyone: I LOVE THE DOGGIE PHOTOS. They are such experts at unconditional love. I've got to take a photo of Buddy to post (& learn how to post it). I just clipped him a bit...he's a mini-poodle & gets really tangled. He was so patient & sweet. When I clip him, he looks a little like your dog speedster, only he's blond & curlier. When I get him professionally clipped, he actually looks like a real poodle. Mary

PS: Yes Cindi, I'm putting myself into my assignments. I'm doing what I'm told (for a change) & not thinking too much about it. I'd love to go to a meeting tonight, but it's snowing again (big-time). I'm actually pretty sick of snow at this point. I can work on my sobriety today as I'm home-bound. I'll check back later.
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X