march 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

march 5th

hi everybody iam feeling good today,51 days af, still issue,s to deal with but i feel like iam getting there slowly(no rush). is it wrong to feel to good ,or will feel so good i might want to have a..........,any tips for staying af for ever:thanks: ps thank you one2many for reply:thanks:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

march 5th

Mario, great going on day 51! No its not wrong to feel so good, being sober does that for you! You do need to be vigilant though, its easy to kid yourself into having a drink but its not worth it.
    Like Oney says, used the toolbox thread and join a daily thread to give you that vital support.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

march 5th

You are going strong Mario. My Sisters, Oney and Starts have given you the greatest advice. I am here to offer my support.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

march 5th

WELL DONE on 51

I am just here to say congratulations on a job well done ....51 days is great.

It cannot be bad that you feel good. Its probably just that you are not used to it yet! As above, just stay vigilant and enjoy your new found happiness. ITs what its all about...

Moo
        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

march 5th

I know how you feel Mario. When I'm miserable as sin, I feel I don't deserve a drink and its easier to abstain. I'm almost keeping myself down in case I get so cheerful I'll drink! LOL. If I'm happy and buzzing and had a busy day etc a large glass of cold vino is uppermost in my thoughts. Fantastic reward! Part of my learning process is trying to cope with staying sober throughout these different emotional states. You are doing well. You are a week ahead of me

:l
          AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

march 5th

Hi Mario and congratulations on Day 51! My intention is to stay AF forever too. The only way I can think to do it is simply saying NO!! each and every time a thought of drinking comes to my mind. One "No!" at a time??

Stopping the drinking doesn't make our problems go away, but it certainly puts us in a better frame of mind to manage them, IMO. At least that's true for me. I don't ever want to go back to the depression, procrastination, and cycle of misery that alcohol had me in.

Best wishes and please do join us on the "AF Daily" thread.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X