Good Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning!

Happy to report that day 8 is underway. Want to thank all of you for being here - I feel safe reflecting and discussing here.
    It's interesting how much more sleep I seem to need when I don't drink! I am up at the same time every day - work just as hard as I ever did (but feel better physically while working) - treat my body better (eat better, exercise) - yet I am ready do drop much earlier than when I am tippin' the old wine glass. Anybody else experience that?
    Have a great day everyone and God bless.

Good Morning!

WS, yes, I really felt a strong craving for sleep when I first went AF this time (7 months ago) and it was really difficult for a while, that my sleep patterns didn't immediately straighten up. But now that they have, I find that I get to bed pretty early and go to sleep pretty much right away (I can't lie in bed reading for very long), but then I sleep a good 8 hours, and I'm ready to get up and get going, early in the morning. It's really quite wonderful.

Comment

Good Morning!

Wally

Comment

Good Morning!

Strange - the first time I stopped drinking I found the same - I slept so well at the beginning. This time I'm not finding it happening. I had the worst night's sleep last night (I'm only day 5 AF) and I was wondering if it was anything to do with listening to the hypnotic tape just before going to sleep. I listened to it in bed, 'awoke' to turn the tape off and then couldn't sleep for hours. Maybe it's one of the CDs that needs to be listened to during the day??
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment

Good Morning!

Oops - must have messed that up - sorry.
          Anyway, Wally, congrats on Day 8!
          I agree on the body healing - I also have fibromyalia - so my body is probably having a healing hayday!! I have been coming to this site since 2006 - my longest AF stretch was 10 days - with many mini streches in there. I am determined to do better this time and feel that I understand the issues better than before and, therefore, have a better chance. I have done a lot of reading this past year trying to understand what is really going on inside my head and also what my triggers are (most importantly WHY I drink).
          AWIP
          I have the same experience - 8 hours of sound sleep. I even dream now - must be because my brain is not numb every night! Have a hard time waking up - but once I am on my feet I am good to go!
          Interestingly, the first book I read when I went AF this month was "Still Alice". It was about a bright woman and her journey into Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease. It was heartbreaking and really make me think about what I was doing to my brain with alcohol - WILLINGLY - how I was not appreciating what I have - the gift of a clear mind - how life is unpredictable and I need to appreciate the blessings I have right now and use them to the best of my ability to do good things in my life.
          Have a fun day!

Comment

Good Morning!

good goin on day 8. You can do it. : )
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Good Morning!

oh wally too!!!
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Good Morning!

Ariel
                Do you take Calms Forte or True Calm? They seem to help me quite a bit. I also take Seditol - this is a natural supplement that my husband found - it takes some time to work but does help - you can check that out on the web (Jarrow Formulas). I also drink calming tea in the evening and avoid caffiene after 1 or 2 in the afternoon.
                I think sleep, in the first days of AF is critical. Hope this helps.
                Congrats on Day 5! Huge accomplishment. Imagine your body and brain SINGING HALLELUJAH!!!
                Blessings

Comment

Good Morning!

Gabby
                  Good to see you
                  You go girl!!!

Comment

Good Morning!

It's so true, WS, all you said about willingly or knowingly abusing our bodies when some people are struck in their prime for no apparent reason - it certainly humbles you and can be added to the multitude of reasons not to drink! An image that has really stuck with me through the last couple of years is something I read which goes something like: "We exchange this day of our lives for a memory - it will never come again but the memory we can carry with us - make it a good one". Wish I knew who to attribute it to but I'm afraid I can't - but to me it's a powerful reminder.

Happy memories everyone! x
                    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                    Goals:
                    Days 1-7 DONE
                    Days 8-14 DONE
                    Days 15-21 DONE
                    30 days DONE
                    60 days
                    100 days

Comment

Good Morning!

Ariel
                      I really like your quote. So insightful and true!!
                      Thanks!

Comment

Good Morning!

My sleep patterns are one thing that have really ironed themselves out. I hated waking up at 2 or 3 am dehydrated and not being able to get back to sleep. I never wake in the night now and going to sleep rather than crashing out drunk is a real revelation. It felt so weird to go to bed sober at the beginning. Still find it difficult to get going in the morning but that is probably nothing to do with AL.
                        AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X