wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wondering

hi everybody i am feeling very good,everything seems to be going in the right direction which brings me to my question, i check in here every day and read a lot of the posts and it sort of makes me feel guilty that i am doing well and maybe others are not doing so well or have some huge proplems, even though i am still only starting and have still a lot of issues to deal with i find myself feeling lucky,is this weird or whats going on with my feelings, just thought i would say this, it was on my mind. love the site:thanks:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

wondering

Count your blessings...

I thought from your statement that you might be a young one;
    so I was about to explain the facts of life;
    but you are old enought to know already, Mario,
    that life is full of cycles and sudden changes.

Count your blessings if you are feeling lucky, blessed or fortunate right now.
    Give a helping hand to those less fortunate while you have the strength; and save some of that strength...
    Like I said; life is full of sudden changes!
    ~Kid~
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

wondering

Hi Mario, I think what you are feeling is normal. I know when I started to release the grip of alcohol I couldnt believe how well I was doing or how happy I felt.
      You will have ups and downs on this journey. But times you feel great will help give you strength for the tougher times. You are doing great. Well done.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

wondering

Mario,

Run with it!! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :-)

Glad you are feeling so upbeat and good about going AF. That is definitely the right attitude.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

wondering

embrace it...just like you can't help someone else stop drinking, you can't make it easy for them if they are trying.
          i sail along quite nicely but every now and then i hit a wall and have a bad day. nothing as bad as when i was drinking.

peace

Comment

wondering

Mario, I think you should shout out that you are feeling so good!

People need to know how wonderful life can be without alcohol!!!

Comment

wondering

Mario, it is terrific that you are doing well! Enjoy it, and as AFM said, shine your light during these good times so that those who are struggling can know that it is worth the fight to get sober. This journey tends to eb and flow and we all need to celebrate each others good days as well as be there for the not so good ones.

For all of the ups and downs, life is SO much better sober, isn't it? Let's enjoy every moment we can!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X