Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Monday March 16th

Well done Greenie on making 9 months!

and on the AL thoughts topic: I think about drinking pretty much everyday, but have become rather good at distracting myself. If i feel like drinking, I go and get some water or juice, then do some guitar practice so my hands and mind are far too busy to reach for a drink. The thoughts don't tend to bother me to greatly anymore, but I think if I planned on remaining permenantly AF (I intend to mod after 30 days) then I would find the thoughts more annoying as I wouldn't have that day to look forward to.
    The way I change the past is by not repeating it
    -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Renewing subscription

I tried to renew subscription and got an error that I already have an account.

I must be going through the wrong set of steps.

Who do we PM to ask question?

Thanks!
      cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I don't know Cindi...
        Today was a rough day for me, some things had to be dealt with. The drinking thoughts, well, I find it so helpful to think of them as waves, or as impulses that don't just have to be obeyed...I am curious, no one mentioned hypnosis tapes, do those help?
        Lila

Comment

Hey all... thanks for the congrats!! I really appreciate everybody's support. REALLY appreciate it! So where IS that baby? :H
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Greenie,

I have to add my congrats!! You have done so fabulously!!

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Now, I want to talk about my evening.

I worked hard today, really hard. Didn't get bathed or out of jammies until 4:00.

On my way to my 6:30 meeting, the thoughts started coming. The liquor store is very close to the AA meeting. I was actually thinking, hmm, I could buy a bottle and sneak it into the house tonight!!

I drove to the parking lot of the meeting place and sat there with my hands under my legs. Kinda tied them down.

I kept saying, this is just a thought, it will pass. I realized I was gritting my teeth and getting a headache.

Anyways, someone showed up for the meeting, I got out of the car and got distracted.

This one was powerful. I don't feel guilty or ashamed, at least, but it was one doozy of a mental battle.

I won, however.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good for you Cindi! I have been in that exact same situation in the past myself. It is CRAZY how 'possessed' we can become when the beasty rears it's ugly head, eh?

I am proud of you!

Comment

Cindi XXXXXXXXXXX
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X