AF Daily - Fri. - March 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to log on to make a quick start to the daily thread. Hope all is well w/all the regulars & newbies. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Day number 7 for me on this the first day of Spring. Get so tired of counting out those first 30 days.
    Keep thinking it feels different this time but can't really say why. Just know I want to be AF FOREVER, not 30 or 60 or 90 days. I'm too old (also a ret. teach) to do this to myself and the people I love any longer. Thanks for being there retteacher and everyone else hangin out at MWO.
    Love, spedteach

Comment

Good morning!

I am feeling fantastic! I don't know what it is ......... I have been taking Melatonin before going to be the last three nights and have slept very well. Not to mention I am thinking it is helping with any 'blahs' I am having. Me likey!

Well, it is Friday! Nothing special planned. Last night we went to Swiss Chalet for some rotisserie chicken. It was delicious!

Spedtech, the counting thing use to drive me NUTS!!! It was almost as bad as the obsession to drink for me. Hang in there. You are doing great.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Hello friends!!

Another busy day/weekend ahead with kid's activities. I don't think I could keep up with it all if I was still drinking/hungover! I guess I picked a good time to quit.

Had a pretty strong "thought" yesterday driving home. The weather is nice=big trigger, thoughts of camping=big trigger, hungry & thirsty=easy to fix. I was thinking how camping won't be near as fun this summer if I can't sit around with hubby and friends drinking and smoking. Last year, I didn't even push to go camping--only once because it would have been too hard. I really wish we didn't have to deal with these thoughts and concerns, don't you! I tried to do what WIP always says--recognize the thought and move on. Then I had lunch and a nap!

Hang in there this weekend everybody!!:h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good morning. I am not counting this time either. I have had 1 slip since January 1st. I don't know how many days this make AF. I do know the longer I am AF, the stronger I feel about be able to stay AF.

Have a great day.

Comment

Morning. I'm in a funk, but it'll pass. LVT I too thought about camping. But since hub and I split last summer I have not dealt with that. Could it be much different than sitting around the dinner table at Thanksgiving with everyone drinking but me? And that was fun.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I know what my sobriety date is but am not counting, counting, counting. I used to fill in DrinkTracker but became obsessive (do I have to turn EVERYTHING into an addiction?). The AA meetings I go to give out chips for each month of the first year of sobriety. I'll announce my first month when I reach it.
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Aloha Friday!

zoom zoom

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Aloha and Happy Friday to all! This is also my "fridge friday". I have the honor of cleaning out the faculty lounge refridegerator this month. Life is good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, looks like a mixed day for everybody, hope those of you having fun keep it up, those who aren't so good/ are feeling stabby feel better soon.

Am having a few issues with my fiance today, am getting annoyed by being second to his friends alot of the time, also came very close (had the glass out of the cupboard kind of close) to having a drink, but I survived the urge and am still on day 12
                    The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                    -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Hi All,

I'm afraid it looks as if this is more the pattern while I'm at work - weekends only access to MWO - but I love catching up and knowing that it's already another week without a drink. I'm actually feeling like I just don't want one - not 'I'm desperate but can handle it' - I just don't want to drink. No counting here either - that sort of keeps me focused on the drink, or at least the NOT drinking, whereas what I want to focus on is the LIVING! Things have been really crazy at work but I've actually enjoyed the buzz as I've felt in control of it. I feel I relate better to people, I feel more 'professional' or maybe just confident. I don't know what it is, I just know I like being sober and in control of my life!

Anyway, weekend of running, dancing, housecleaning and enjoying the family - at 20 and 17 I'm enjoying all the time I can before they up and leave!

Congratulations on everyone's achievements this week - I'll hopefully catch up more over the weekend with all of you :l
                      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                      Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment

Im new here.....1 day AF........

Comment

Hey there, nice to meet you davenc I'm one of the newer ones on the forum, but it's easy enough to work everything out on here, and I'm sure if you hang around you'll get plenty of good advice from the others on this thread, good luck in achieveing your goals, keep posting

-TG

Comment

:welcome:Hi Davenc

Well done on doing day 1. Come an see us on the ODAT thread (under just Starting Out Forum). I am on Day 12 and this site has made all the difference.
                            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

haha, hey blue sky, day 12 is just for the coolest people eh? xD

Comment

Working...
                              X