Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Morning all

It's another beautiful bright sunny mild spring day here in England, and I'm up early (before my kids actually) so I thought I'd start this thread off for today seeing as i've not been around much these last few days. It is also Mothering Sunday here in UK and my kids have made me some lovely cards so I'm feeling quite positive. Am so glad to be sober. Probably wil be swimming later

Have a great AF day everyone

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the reminder about mother's day, Sausage! I'd better call my mum!
    I've had a few long, busy days at work, so a bit knackered. Heading out into the countryside later to go for a walk with a few friends. Pub lunch - no problem, it's lemonade for me.

Have a great day.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Good morning Ab Landers! Sausage thank you for getting us started. Aw mother's day and cards from your kids! I bet it was nice to enjoy those with a clear head and no hangover. Marshy, I'm like you - no kids but when Mother's Day comes in the US I'm glad for the reminder to call my Mom. Sounds like you have a lovely day lined up too!

From yesterday's thread...

Mame, lot's of the CSA's here in the US seem to be just pay your money to buy your "share" and then show up when the season starts to pick up your share of stuff. There are some variations of working CSA's (meaning the share holders actually do some work - not just the farmer!! :H) and the one I'm in does require some work. The woman who runs the farm does not sell any non-working shares. If you work 10 hours for the season you pay a little higher price for your share and if you commit 20 hours you pay a little lower price. I went for 20 hours - what the heck. She doesn't seem to keep track but it appears the share owners do a pretty good job of it themselves judging from a bit of the gossip yesterday.

Hula, if I lived where you live my family probably wouldn't ever see me unless they came to visit! Enjoy your spring break!

AFM you are sounding so good these days. Sobriety *looks* good on you! Sounds like you are having a busy and fun weekend.

Happy belated birthday Southernbelle. I think lots of us (most or all of us?) go through a phase like you describe where we mourn the loss of AL when we finally realize we cannot drink (for those of us who realistically cannot). I would encourage you to really think about your experiences with AL - maybe even journal about it - and make sure to give thought to the WHOLE experience - from the start of it through the hangover, trying to remember what you did, doing embarassing things, or whatever all happened when you drank. In my case, there is little to "miss." Life CAN be enjoyed to the fullest without AL in the picture.

LVT I think kids sports were designed secretly to REALLY be Parent Torture.

Det it sounds like you and Dx do a fair amount of entertaining with drinking friends. Good for you that you have a NON drinking friend visiting so you can just relax and have fun without AL in the picture as an unwelcome 3rd party!

Today is 10 months sober for me. I'm also thinking of WIP who I believe is 8 months sober today. The girl I've been giving rides to AA is 5 months sober today. So it's a big day for celebrating sobriety for me!!! I'm very happy to be sober. I'm off to AA - will catch you guys later.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Good Morning All,

I changed my avatar today to a redbud picture because they are blooming all over the mountain I live on.

I think I will enjoy the beautiful weather, the forsythia and the redbuds today. I will be traveling to Dallas this week and hope that when I get back the dogwoods will be starting to bloom.

Spring is here!! Yay!!

Hope all to come have a lovely AF Sunday.

(and Happy Mothering day to those across the pond!!)

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

There's a mountain in Alabama? You're kidding! :H

:wd::yay::happy::clapclap:10 MONTHS, DG!!!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Congrats on 10 months DG. You are well on your way.

Looking forward to doing more yard work today. I can hardly wait to start planting.

Mo.

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Updated puppy pic...he is growing like a weed.

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Awww. thanks for the pic Mo. Is it my imagination or does it look like he always chewing on something? One fine looking pup!
                sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Hey all

DG - Well done on 10 months, thats pretty damn amazing and inspirational to alot of the newcomers on here no doubt

Mo - your puppy is the cutest thing I have seen in ages! so sweet!

anyway, as for me, am on two weeks today Am still having a few difficulties (I feel extremely and unreasonably anxious between 7pm and 9pm when I would usually be drinking, and can't look at any drinking related thing without wanting a beer) but I am making steady progress - have actually turned down baileys (which I love) twice now, despite some very stressful days I've been having. Am loking forward to tomorrow when I can say I'm at the half way point. Hope everybody's having a lovely mothers day

-TG
                  The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                  -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Top of the weekend ABeroooooos!

DoggyGirl huge congrats on 10 months!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooo doggy!

all is well here in the snowy desert, probably just staying in and watching movies. Dx is baking muffins and the house smells wonderful

be well everyone!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Congrats to Dg and wip on your milestones! Although I was exhausted last night, I was startled out of sleep by a bottle falling in the shower, which must have given me a huge adrenaline rush. It took me 2.5 hours to get back to sleep. So, I'm still tired.

Let the spitting begin! I've started my spit test to check hormone levels, and also a blood test for thyroid. The big morning tube was a challenge.

Hubby had friends from out of town visiting Friday night. I was on kid duty while they went out. I don't mind telling you there was no regret whatsoever about not drinking when I saw them early Saturday morning! Man I don't miss hangovers!!!!

Anyway, the weather alert went off early this morning to warn of a winter storm coming our way.....Blizzard conditions. A little hard to imagine since it is gorgeous right now--78 degrees!

Trying to decide what to do. I should do some work outside, but would really like to take a nap...or should I deal with the laundry that has been sitting in the washer and dryer all weekend?
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Cindi I love your redbud avatar. I can't wait for the flowers to start "popping" here. I am getting worried about all those bulbs we planted as we are still seeing no signs, and some of the daffodils are up at the neighbor's house. I will be :upset: if for some reason we lost over 300 bulbs.

Thank you Greenie!

Thank you Mo for the 10 month smilie, and I agree that "No" is the cutest puppy evah. Hula is right - that does look like a headless something-or-other in front of him in the picture....

Thank you TG and congratulations yourself on two weeks! :yougo: Have you thought about your next goal after 30 days? It seems as though AL really starts calling our names loudly as we approach these milestones. Just want to make sure you know to look out for him! Good for you resisting the call of the Bailey's. Have you made a list of other things to actively do during your witching hours? I found it helpful to have a written list as the urges early on could be so distracting I found it hard to think. With a list, I didn't have to think. I made sure to include fun and/or self pampering things on the list - not just house chores and such!

Deter, thanks to you too! A day of movies and some fresh baked muffins sounds awesome. You and Dx have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do. :sofa:

I have a turkey in the oven and just finished some cranberry / blueberry sauce. I'm glad I bought some extra turkeys from the farm. We like turkey and since next week is a figure skating week, it's great to have that in the fridge so I don't have to work to hard to get dinner on the table every night! Somebody on a low carb forum that I read suggested buying/freezing extra cranberries during the holidays so you can make cranberry stuff all year. I don't think I have a years worth, but I'm sure glad I froze some for these turkey weeks!

Mr. Doggy is off treasure hunting with his friend. I'm hoping he finds some jewelry!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Hi LVT! Boy I really admire the way you can handle hubby and friends drinking. But you are right - the hangovers would be a great reminder!! Sorry to hear you didn't get a full night sleep. I vote that you take a nap. Get busy on it!! :sofa:

And thank you for the 10 months sober props. I'm getting really excited about the 1 year mark.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Very quick check-in. Grandson's b-day party today. I'll check back tomorrow. Love, Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Daily Sun March 22nd

Congratulations DG & Wip!

:yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:
                              sigpic
                              AF since December 22nd 2008
                              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                              X