Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday 27th March

Marking and running!

Hello AF Land! Wow what a week, work is busy, meetings, appts....bleh. I won't recap it's not that interesting.

Stabby -yes that's the word and I was downright stabby yesterday afternoon, but much better after a walk and mowing the yard, and laughing over hubby burning the brown rice and stinking up the house.

I have a new visualization - a 'continue' button. Ya' know like on a web page. When I have AL thoughts, I hit the continue button and move on with whatever I'm doing. I had to hit the continue button a lot this week...

I don't know Satori but since everyone is thrilled to see him back, I am too!

That's all for now, I must go knock out one more day at work.

Have a great day!

Speedster!!! Thanks for getting us started today. Sounds like you have a un-stabby (non-stabby?) attitude going for today and that's good. I LOVELOVE LOVE the "continue" button. Just move on along with whatever. I like having "visuals" in my head and that is a good "visual" to help with urges when they come along.

I also love what you said about laughing with your hubby over the burnt rice and the stench. One of the best things that me and Mr. Doggy share is our sense of humor, which really did get lost along the way as I slid further and further down into the deep dark hole of being drunk most of the time. Instead of definitely laughing over inconsequential things, and often being able to find humor even in serious things, we fought all the time. I was such a bitch. There is nothing uglier than a constant, drunken bitch. I'm glad it's not on tape. At least I don't think it is (except the tape in my head and Mr. Doggy's head!) We were just talking the other day about how nice it is to be laughing again over the "it ain't the meaning of life" stuff that goes wrong. Like burnt rice.

Thank you for sharing that! A great reminder that laughter is good medicine for everything - including our relationships with spouses/sig. others.

Have a good day all!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning abbers!

Sniffing and running. Overslept.

Posted the squash soup in recipes. It is so easy to make and really delicious.

Have a great day everybody!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning fellow Abbers!

I'm up with the birds ready to go for a run THEN meet with my trainer. I ate WAY too much at the movies yesterday, then ate Italian with DD.. AARGH! Maybe a little replacement therapy going on at the moment? (food vs. AL).

DD was planning to go to her Dad's this weekend, but he had something come up and I get to keep her. I am really glad. As strong as I feel, I was a bit afraid of being alone for three nights. NO WAY I will drink with her around ever again, so I feel a bit better getting through days 4/5, which have in the past been tough for me. I have ABSOLUTELY NO desire to drink, so I feel very good about getting over this first personal hurdle.

I didn't get a chance to read through yesterday's thread. It look very busy and fun.. Unfortunately (or fortunately), so was I. Soooo.. I hope all is well and I will catch up this weekend.

Have a fabulous AF day, my friends!

Namaste,

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

DG -- I use to often have a beer before/during mowing (the ol' 'reward'). I can totally see how if I had AL on top of my stabbiness, I would have been digging hubby about the burnt rice. In the back of my head I had a vague thought of 'wow, I don't really care that he burned the rice'. He had the windows & doors open, had fans on etc. It still smells a little this morning. He was AF and wandered off to the computer and left the rice on high....he was so irritated with himself.

Thanks for pointing out how being AF made a difference. AL would have blown up a not-so-big event and soured a nice evening.

Comment

Morning everyone
            Speester got me thinking about those AL thoughts are what visuals go on in our heads....Early sobriety brought me constant thoughts of those "ahh" moments, which is what I longed for...not the taste, just the "calgon take me away" thinking. Today when those thoughts occasionally pop in ( and I am resigned to the fact they always will), my mind seems to bypass those lovely "ahh" moments and go right for the morning after. I never did have a nice glass of wine with dinner, or a short cocktail to end a busy day...I drank to black out and those morning afters were awful.....A place I can't afford to go back to, so I guess this visualization, although ugly, is a good thing for me...
            Hope everyone has a great Friday....
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

The Drinking Thoughts: I'm in early enough sobriety that I still get plenty of them. I just remember being carted off to the hospital w/all my dinner guests trailing behind. The utter humiliation of that takes ALL the romanticism out of drinking.

Sense of Humor: I too lost that when I was drinking. I didn't want to risk talking & not making any sense, so I was a very withdrawn & quiet drunk. No fighting...just nothing.

Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

[QUOTE=charlee;580960]I never did have a nice glass of wine with dinner, or a short cocktail to end a busy day...I drank to black out and those morning afters were awful.....A place I can't afford to go back to, so I guess this visualization, although ugly, is a good thing for me...QUOTE]

And for me... :thanks:
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

charlee;580960 wrote: I never did have a nice glass of wine with dinner, or a short cocktail to end a busy day...I drank to black out and those morning afters were awful.....A place I can't afford to go back to, so I guess this visualization, although ugly, is a good thing for me...
                  and for me... :thanks:

Comment

Good morning friends, a quickie for me as I'm helping a friend decorate for her daughter's wedding this morning, and I need to work on my taxes first. (April 15 is rapidly sneaking up on me!) I just have to get them organized and to my brother the CPA. But he'll be really grumpy if I wait until the last minute--too late!

A friend of ours got a DUI last weekend. The guys started telling stories about people being so drunk when they get arrested they can hardly stand up, let alone drive! I told hubby, yes, we laugh--but you do know it isn't funny-right? It's downright scary when you think about it. Been there-done that--never again!

A couple of big social events this weekend. Haven't given the big Al much thought--that's good. A few months ago I would be worried sick that I wouldn't be able to participate without it.

Have a good weekend all! :h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi All

Yesterday was day 30 for me. Hope you are all doing OK, I don't post very much, but I do lurk.

Hi Satori great to see you back, as someone has already said you were greatly missed.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Love
                      Madi:l

Comment

Good Morning ABlanders!

Morning DG, Mary, MM Charlee and Greenie!

Pleased to meet you too Speedster!
                        Yep LVT - of course I remember you!

Hiya Tawny - good to see you on yesterday's thread too
                        I look forward to the occasional dialectic duel with you again!

Thanks for the welcome back yesterday too Kirova!

Well - after all the build -up - nothing exciting to report here really - July has decided not to take me up on the offer of all Scotland's mist and rain - and has sent it all back!
                        Deep joy!

I am still up to all the crazy stuff I used to do when I was here last - but have added in Triathlon (two friends who had never done it persuaded me to come out of "retirement" and accompany them on their first one - so I could give them some advice, since I had done it before - a LONG time ago!) We did 5 races last year - and are thoroughly enjoying it.
                        (DG - a Tri-suit is not quite a purple unitard - but it is not far off :H)

I have also signed up for an 80 mile cycle race in May - and have just looked at the calendar and realised it is only 6 weeks away - GULP!
                        Better step up the training I guess!

On tuesday we go off on our skiing hols - I am hoping that a couple of weeks hard skiing at 12,000 feet will equal about four months cycle training - but I may be being a little optimistic

Apart from that - life for Satori is just the same old same old.

Hope you all have a GREAT day - talk to you soon

Love :l

S
                        xxx
                        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

madisonmay;581066 wrote: Hi All

Yesterday was day 30 for me. Hope you are all doing OK, I don't post very much, but I do lurk.

Hi Satori great to see you back, as someone has already said you were greatly missed.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Love
                          Madi:l
                          Hey Mad! Good to see you - and congratulations on 30 days! The rest is a walk in the park! How is the 'Pool.

Love :h

S
                          xxx
                          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Good morning!

Hmmm... my little one has a stomach virus. I have had the pleasure of cleaning up barf before my morning coffee! Poor little gal. It is coming out at both ends. I wish I could be sick for her.

So, today... I need to do some banking. Pick up her runners from preschool for the weekend, do some chores and take care of my little sick monkey. I hope she is feeling better for her friend's b-day party tomorrow. This little gal is having a bouncy castle at the rec. center. Tres cool!

It is a beautiful day out there! And yeehaw it is Friday!

Have a great day everyone!

LVT, when I here about people drinking and driving now a days it absolutely makes me cringe. I have done that myself in the past and thank God almighty that I never hurt anyone. I am personally scared to drive the roads after 5pm when the boys in the city come rolling out of the pub. You just never know.

Comment

Oh, and I had the best dream ever. I have had nothing but heartache and hurt in my life caused by my sister. Well, in my dream I got my dignity back. I feel so strong emotionally.

Why did I share this? Oh, because it was the best dream ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X