AF Daily March 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily March 29

Dill: I totally relate to what you said. The drinking serruptiously was such a trap. And yes, I think people noticed something was wrong. Recently, my daughter said she couldn't quite understand it at the time, but now that I've admitted my drinking, it became clear what was going on. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Daily March 29

Hey ya'll, checking in on 3 weeks AF want to wait til a special occasion, sometime social, to have a couple of drinks to kick start my modding. I want to start drinking in the right way, for the right reasons this time. Anyway, 9 days to go - I never thought in a million years I could make it this far.

-TG
      The way I change the past is by not repeating it
      -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

AF Daily March 29

Before I head off to the showers and some reading..

MM it sounds from your other posts like today is a buggar. Just keep hangin' in there. Did you go for a run? Endorphin power always helps me.

Mary - I totally agree that drinking ADDS stress - does not reduce it. Not for me anyway.

Kirova Sounds like you are having a nice lazy day. Enjoy!!

Narilly - TWO FEET of snow??? :egad: How do I remember? I have amazing powers. :nutso:

R2C you are sounding good today!

LVT - thanks for the heads about about Liv checking in! If she doesn't post anything here I'll have to go in search of her post tomorrow. I like the 30 days + thread but can't manage to keep up! I think you have something there that events we find boring without AL were boring to begin with. AL just made it easier to "forget" the boredom just like so many other stuff gets forgot with AL around.

Dill - I love your post and can relate to it 100%. I too resented anything or anyone that came between me and my drinking. That grew to be all day long every day. I too am convinced that people knew. They had too. There is no way that a completely sober person with at least 2 brain cells to rub together to create a thought wouldn't know. I'm mortified just thinking about it. I would take my anger out on the poor person(s) who happened to get in my way of AL by being just a tad bitchy. (at least I hope it was only a tad, but was probably more than a tad way too often) Geez I'm glad those days are over.

Peacenik - I hear ya on the restaurant tabs and the booze portion. And since Mr. Doggy rarely drank at all - one beer at the most - it was all mine. At least I don't feel as guilty shopping a little bit now!

Hula - no rain, no rainbows. That is a good one right up there with lemons / lemonade!

TG, congrats on 3 weeks! Just make us one promise. If things don't work out well for you with mods, please come back to us. I totally understand you wanting to try to moderate. And you are young - it might still be possible for you in a way it was not possible for me and I think others. Stay truthful with yourself always. When I started drinking again after 60 days sober, a favorite excuse became..."well, you went AF before and now you know how to do it so let's drink today and you can do that AF thing some other time......" Never forget that YOU have to work hard to stay sober one day at a time, and AL is always working hard to get you to drink one day at a time. (OK - I'll turn the mother mode off now LOL! - I can hear your sigh of relief all the way in Chicago! )

Have a great rest of Sunday all!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily March 29

DG, that last part sure made me giggle I must say xD And I promise you and any of the other people on this thread, any time I even start down that road again I'll be right back here with you guys. If it's alright, n it won't offend anybody, I'd like to still come back here now and again and see how everybody's getting on (when I'm modding), you guys have inspired me in so many ways these last 3 weeks I woudln't talk about any off limits subjects, just pop in and maybe offer some encouragement now and again. Anyway, off to bed with me, be back to check in tomorrow

-TG
          The way I change the past is by not repeating it
          -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Working...
          X