April 12 - Sun. - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. In my case, we'll be celebrating Easter w/a nice dinner, & I know it'll be AF. Yesterday was a day of reflection & a long but very moving church service. Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

good morning

i, too, am looking forward to having a fun filled easter with my family.

my oldest came over yesterday and we made a cake, coconut.

my girl is doing the cooking but she wants me to come over early and show her how to make a pie from scratch. i am happy. pies are my family's favorite desserts but none of my children wanted to learn how to make the crust, which is the most important feature. it will be fun.

love you all,
    cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning abbers! Happy Easter!

Mary I too will have a nice AF dinner. I'm making prest4time's yogurt basil curry kabobs with lamb. and a salad with BHOG's feta dressing. And my lovely spearmint tea with agave nectar.

I had an intense AL dream last night. I had tremendous cravings and tried to get on-line to come here but couldn't so I decided to have sex with estranged one instead as a distraction but I thought about where "it" had been and decided not to. Both very bad ideas. What was wrong with my brain last night!!?? :H What a relief to wake up!

It's a beautiful day and I think the barking lot is in order again today!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning abbers

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter Sunday....I too will be celebrating an AF holiday with family..Off to check the oven!!!
        Everyone enjoy..
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Day One on Easter?

Hi everyone. Hope its ok to jump in here, as I haven't been sure where to start. Easter, the grand resurrection day, seems a good day to start an AF string of days, yes?

I have done 45 days 18 mos ago. Four days ago I decided to do it again and only made 1 complete AF day - the last 3 I have finished almost one bottle of wine each day. Wow, it has gotten worse I guess. When I went AF 2 years ago, I think I was doing 1/2 a bottle a day with AF days between. Maybe my new reality check is that is HAS indeed progressed - yikes. Can I accept that? Who says its true anyway? Will the first days be harder this time? Can I do this without defining my goal? Yikes, my brain is the problem...the thinking, the relentless thinking. I just want to live and not analize. Struggling should not be my way of life.

SO, its AF for today.....what about when our friends come for dinner? The wine salesman friends who always bring the perfect wine? Should I do one glass and go AF tomorrow. Yikes, I am wishy washy - should probably be in a different thread. I will come back on here tonite instead of drinking a bottle of wine, that I can commit to.

HG

Comment

Happy Easter!!!

The little one was up and has found a ton of eggs, and other treats. Ummm.... one would think it was Christmas LOL. Took lots of pics and now she is chomping down on a treat at 7am! That is the fun of it; and she understands that she isn't to eat the whole basket full today. Good times. I just loved the look on her face! What fun.

I am about to get motivated and prepare the stuffing for the bird. I plan on putting it in fairly early so we have an early dinner. There won't be any drinking here. My nana asked if she should pick up some wine but I said no, not unless she wanted to have some. My mother and I are on antibiotics and after my sneaky night drinking the other day... so nah!

I have to stop losing my AF focus. My birthday is on Tuesday and I am seriously setting out a goal of complete AF for one year. I am good when I have goals to follow. It gives me something to shoot for. So... that is what I will be doing. It is really time to buckle down and stop drinking one night every few weeks or so.

Anyway, Greenie, that sounds like an intense dream! I had a dream about an ex myself last night. Nothing new for me though. God, I wish I could get over him. It has been almost 8 years since I have seen him. Talk about unresolved issues and no closure.

Well, friends, have a wonderful day!!! Again, Happy Easter! xoxo

Comment

Happy Easter, everybody!

Greenie, I had an al dream last night, too. It was all stress and conflict and no pleasure. I, too, was glad to wake up!

Cinders, I made a cherry pie yesterday but cheated and made a crust with "Jiffy Mix". It was better than nothing, but I won't do that again! That is so great that your daughter wants to learn to make a crust. You are right, it's best home made.

Welcome, hiddengoal! I wish you well. The first few days are the hardest, but it will get better. It's worth it!

AFM, it's hard to keep focused, but you sound like you have the strength and determination.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello to all in AbLand! I have been absent a couple days, but NOT DRINKING thankfully - just busy. So I have much catching up to do but first wanted to "get back in the swing" by saying Happy Easter to one and all! May you all have a wonderful day doing whatever you will be doing today. If that involves easter baskets, may they be full of organic chocolate. (we need some easter smilies!!!)

EWWWWWW Greenie. Now that WAS a nightmare of an AL dream. Sex with Estranged One? Just ewwww. Glad you woke up!!! Your menu sounds awesome. I was going to make your butternut squash soup yesterday but my menu plans got delayed. I don't think it will be today either but I DO think tomorrow. I was eyeballing that feta dressing recipe too. Let us know how it works out.

Mary and Cinders and Charlee it sounds like you all have nice days planned with family. Cinders I wish I knew how to make pie crust like my granny made it. (Mom's Mom) My Mom never cared much for cooking so lots of stuff is lost due to that break in the chain LOL! At least Granny never insisted my Mom cook a lot since she hated it. Sort of broke with the "gender based role model" thing and let Mom scoop poop in the barn stalls LOL. Anyway, I hope you all have a great family time today.

Welcome hiddengoal to our merry band of AFers. I can understand the feelings you describe - the uncertainties and indecision about what to do today. Been there many times. I can only speak for myself, but it was impossible for me to get AL out of my life until I was brutally honest with myself that I am NOT a normal drinker and can never be a normal drinker. There is no "just one." Never has been, and that's not going to change. The only solution for me is no AL whatsoever. Once I was willing to admit that (and in myself, I choose to call it alcoholism) then getting the monkey off my back became possible. Strength to you hiddengoal. You CAN do this. Don't stop trying. Just be wise and know the difference with YOURSELF between 'trying' and 'making excuses to drink.'
                This is a group that surely does understand where you are.

I'm shocked that there is not a family do on either side today, but there isn't. This is actually a blessing for us as it's a beautiful day, and Mr. Doggy is going to get a jump start on the spring yard work and also plow up a garden plot for me. :yougo: So this should be a good day.

Happy Easter!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Oops - I had a big pause when typing my last post to cook breakfast. Least I can do for Mr. D before all that yard work, right?

Hi AFM. Thanks for sharing the story of your little one finding all her treats! That put a smile on my face. Happy pre-birthday! Sorry to hear about the ex dream...

Hi Dill! Sorry to hear about your bad dream too! I hope I've escaped this round of strange dreams among us. I would like some cherry pie. Thank you.

To whomever it may concern: If I am to have dreams with a man involved, please make it Johnny Depp. Thank you. :h

DG

ETA: The first of the daffodils is in bloom today!
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Aloha Kakahiaka! (good morning!) Happy Easter everyone and welcome Hiddengoal.
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy Easter ABerooooos far and wide!

Greeneyes, you know that LSD is not the best sleep aid right? LOL I can't talk....my dreams are totally psycho at the best of times.

Hiddengoal, I think we met on chat a few days ago. at any rate a big welcome to you! coming here when you are feeling tempted is a GREAT idea. please do.

Dx and I went to a friends house last night for a party which was really nice. I made some chicken wings with a soy/passion fruit/Chinese 5 spice/garlic glaze and they were a hit. yummy.
                      Cindi, I'd loooove for you to show me your pie crust techniques! I never really got into baking.

it was great to be at a party with TONS of great booze flowing and be fine with my N/A drinks. (they even had a local sommelier over with a bunch of top notch wines) wine doesn't even tempt me anymore unless I'm in a setting where I can smell it a lot. then it really bugs me. Thankfully Dx is not a wino like I used to be

DoggyGirl! wooof! so glad to see your smiling face here! a garden plot? I'm so jealous! maybe I should at least grow some sprouts.

be well my friends and all to come!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Green Eyes- love the meal that you are cooking but your dream sounds scary. I know, I have some really 'mental' dreams sometimes, drinking and old boyfriend dreams- all of that!

HG- one day at a time, keep coming back. It works! (oh my G, I sound like an AA commercial!)

Deter, that is great to not feel tempted by all those drinks. Sometimes I have no trouble at all but other times I find myself thinking "just one". I have to get a better hold on my brain and just not let those thoughts enter because they are just destructive- there is not gold at the end of that road/rainbow.

Have a great Easter Sunday everyone, DG,Mary, everyone.

Narilly
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Sounds like everyone's enjoyed their Easter holiday! I still have a week to go -- Eastern Orthodox Easter is next weekend. I did, however, enjoy a lovely Palm Sunday with my (extended) family today. Wishing all a peaceful evening...:h
                          ~K.

Comment

Hello friends!

I know it's late, but reporting in anyway. Had a really, really nice weekend with my big sis, her husband and big brother and sil--then today hubby's sis and her husband and kids, and some friends. We had ham, cheesy potatoes, layered lettuce salad, 3 desserts plus much more--it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Hubby's family and our friends enjoyed their beer, wine and drinks. I enjoyed my raspberry tea and then coffee with dessert. I still remember that Easter 2 years ago when I drank a big bottle of wine and it kicked me in the A$$! I was trying to quit smoking (again) and all I could find was a really old, dry cigar. I finally "took a nap" and man did I feel like s#$t when I woke up! I don't think I've had any wine since!

Anyway, I'm so worried about big sis. She has Cushings disease and she doesn't feel or look well at all. I hope and pray that she can get some relief.

Happy belated Easter!:h (Except Kirova--hope you have a happy Easter next weekend)
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                            X