Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - April 16, 2009

Hi everyone

I'm back! Been away at my mother's with the kids over Easter - no internet access and no alcohol!!! Whilst there it wasn't that difficult - my mum isn't really a drinker (has about 7 units of alcohol a year!!) so there was no pressure / influence or even a good range of alcohol in the house) however I am a little frightenend, i'm not out of the woods yet I know, although I'm approaching my 6 month sobriety anniversary (May 3rd 09) - and if it hadn't been for the few drinks I had on holiday in October, prior to that I haven't drunk alcohol since 31st August) I am sort of reallly into the routine of not drinking, however I am concerned about the number of "I can moderate, can't I?" thoughts that are going around in my head lately WHY WHY WHY - I know in my heart of hearts, moderation woudn't work and I would be back to daily drinking and my levels creeping back up again within days - It just doesn't make sense - I suppose it proves I must be an alcoholic?

Anyway - it's great to be back to MWO - I'll have a read around and catch up on some of the AF daily's i've missed in the last week, and catch up on everone's news. Great to "see" everyone around

I'll be back later

Sausage xx

Comment

AF Daily - April 16, 2009

Oy Sausage!! so glad you had a nice AF holiday!

yes, time for some acceptance dear. we are here for a reason. we have so much to be grateful for but we really must know our limitations. sometimes that makes it hard as I know all too well.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
      X