NA Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NA Beer?

I look at it like I do decaf coffee. Without the effect, I don't have much use for it. I rarely step outside of my water and decaf ice tea. Well.... I am on a real coffee binger at the moment .
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

NA Beer?

I think we all need something which "hits the spot" as I said before, - obviously you just need to find it - it may or may not be AF beer - and do heed the warnings as others have said, if you feel you are in the danger zone.

Rustop - I can relate to what you have just said - Mr Sausage still drinks wine too and I have to have something which I can drink in it's place when he is drinking. We are all different, some "lucky" abstainers find their family / partner quits with them, or they are able to live in an AF home - that's just not possible for me, so I have to stay strong - yet in someways it makes things easier in a bizarre way - I am able to face social events and go out where there is AL around with confidence because I have survived living in an alcohol containing home. My friend's father in law has been sober for over 20 yrs yet still avoids social events containing alcohol - because they scare him (he got his wife to quit at the same time as him and when he is entertained by his family everyone has to be sober) No-one has done this to "help" me - yet I have more freedom in a way because of it - do I make sense?

Soft / fizzy drinks do nothing for me, a cup of tea is nice at some times of the day, some times I crave a hot chocolate. At other times I love an AF beer. I've read of others on here enjoying green tea or iced tea, or tonic or whatever - it doesnt' matter what you find, but you need something - whatever is good for you and does not induce cravings, initself, or life will be a real toil of a pleasure.

Comment

Working...
      X