AF Daily - Friday TGIF 4/24/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey everybody, I'm with alot of you in that when I'm sober I have a great deal of difficulty filling my time, because things are easier, and I care more about what I do I tend to oevr think it and not get much done. I need to work on worrying less and living more

-TG
    The way I change the past is by not repeating it
    -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

I'm back here to unload a bit again so I can keep this AF string going - DAy 10 and yes I am counting...for now. Surprise attacks from unexpected places will challenge me this weekend - already have. Not so much a big crave to drink yet, but I can feel the emotions brewing that usually get me to "that place" - "that place" where the sound of the cork coming out the the bottle is like a chorus in a tabernacle or the Grand Canyon, for pity's sake.

It's always such an escape, a moment I think I deserve (right) where the liquid gold just slows me down and all the troubles can be put on hold or packed away. I think I am having a little lightbulb go on because I see that much of the "turn to drink" for me is because I just don't know how to handle all the stuff and emotions of life - geez! Am I still so immature and under-developed?

Daughter home from college and within an hour we are raising our voices, whining and complaining to each other - her young 20 self is of course blaming me, because she doesn't know what else to do...I'm not even sure for what, but its all my fault anyway. A lot has to do with money struggles and sorry girlfriend, but I just don't have money to give you for playing with - I am struggling to pay just living expenses these days......well, its like that.......and my dear MIL is on her last days and thank goodness hubby went to help take care of her while she is passing. He needed to be there. I think college daughter is also fretting about Grandma....its all just a lot, but ya know what? IT'S LIFE - GOTTA LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT STRAIGHT ON and not by running to the elixir that's not really a fixer. (hehe having fun with words).

OK, so that's what its about for me TODAY - as many others have said in so many other ways...its not learning how to stop drinking, its learning how to live without needing to drink.

Y'all have a great weekend and be sure to keep checking in. thanks for listening again and I look forward to reading everyone's posts!

HG

Comment

Yes, learning how to live without needing a drink. I guess we ALL have to learn that or keep doing that.

Like Charlee said, we are only 1 drink away from disaster. I just keep saying NO way! I am not drinking and then think of something else, usually the feeling passes.

Anyway, we are off skiing this weekend, probably the last of the season. Happy sober weekend everyone!

Narilly
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
        X