AF Daily - Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...Where is everyone this morning? I guess we might need a few Brits, Aussies, or NewZealanders to join this thread to get us going in the AM!

21 AF days here ! Feeling pretty darn good, but not yet feeling changes so much. As I deal with the underlying issues, maybe the changes will come. When 30 days comes, it means I have to decide what I am doing...continuing AF?, or a little mods here and there? That was always a struggle before and why the ODAT is really the only way at times - so you don't have to make those future plans and commitments.

But I am getting new thoughts this time, like maybe I will just stay AF until I see my life changing. I have clutter around, physically and mentally, many things I just have not dealt with because they hurt, darn it, or I am just emotionally overwhelmed.

What IS happening is that I am trying to face whatever feelings come, even though I don't know what to do with them.

Good morning Hidden--you and I started the thread at the same time! I'll figure out how to delete mine!!

You sound like you are doing great! I also wondered what I would do when I finally committed to doing the 30 days af. It felt so good I went 60+ days before testing the waters. I did ok the few times I did drink, but once I had a couple too many I put my smoking quit in jeopardy. Now I've been totally AF for over 7 months and I don't have much desire to drink. I still remember those nasty-energy robbing hangovers and don't want to go there! I am still trying to figure out who I am sober--not the social butterfly thats for sure!!
    As a matter of fact, I'm pretty boring--but a better mom I think.

The other night as the boys and I were eating supper, the subject of headaches turned into them commenting on my appearance. We were talking about diet pop, and my oldest son said something about how it hurts when you give up an addiction. They said I look "Fitter" since I quit smoking--and that when I first quit I had bags and dark circles under my eyes and I was grumpy alot! I am still amazed that they didn't seem to notice my alcohol abuse-or at least it didn't seem to bother them like the ciggies did. Anyway, it was an interesting conversation--at least somebody noticed!!

Another busy day for me, at least the weather is nice! Anyone that gets their garden planted early, can come help me with mine!!:H

Have a great day! :h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi Hidden, LVT and all to come

When we feel so much better on the inside it must show. Well done on the 7 months LVT plus giving up nicotine. Kids have a way of calling a spade a spade. You feel so much better as a parent when you are doing it with a clear head, even though at times they can drive you up the wall.

I have two teenage daughters, 16 and nearly 15 so its very busy at the moment, coming up to exams and the end of the school year. Very challenging time as a parent and it certainly makes it easier with Al out of the equation.

Hi to everyone else.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Rustop, LVT and Hiddengoal

Where is everyone today!? this is the quietist i've know the AF daily at this time of night!!

HG - I would do more than 30 days AF if I were you - who'se to say if mod is possible (it's not for me) but I'd certainly keep going AF for now if you're in the routine - first time I quit I did 108 days and then was back to square one within days. Mod is possible for a few people but it's a lot of effort - harder effort than just quitting I believe, who knows if you are one who can mod, but I believe you need longer than 30 days AF before you even think about going there ! That's my two pence worth - that's all!

Quick check in from me - no news, just about to tackle a pile of ironing with a glass of ginger beer!!

Hi all to follow - if there is anyone!!

Comment

Hi Rusty, LVT, HG and Sausage,

It's been a quiet day here. I'll chime in on the modding. I tried it after a 34 day AF stint and it didn't work at all for me! I know that I am actually unhappy if I am in a position where I have just one or even just two drinks. It's like a switch goes on and all I want is MORE. If I can't have it, I feel way worse than if I had just ridden out a craving.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

whew! late check-in for garlic breath today. got in a loverly drive by Tahoe at least which is nice.

dill is that your doggy? soooo pretty!

Hidden, LVT, Rustop, Sausage, and anyone else that pops in.... have a great evening!!!

yeah, the AF thing is my happy place for sure. Trying to mod just totally stresses me out.

It opens up variables in my life that I have little if no control over.....not good!

be well everyone
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Morning/Evening all.

Hiddengoal - I hear you on the clutter! I recently started to tackle a big clutter project I've been avoiding. It feels great, and strangely enough I've lost a little weight! I'm not quite finished, but am just about ready to start 'phase 2' and actually get the clutter that I can pass on out of the house.

LVT - I don't know how old your boys are, mine are mid - teens, but they are aware I'm not drinking so much, and are encouraging me to exercise.

Rustop - exams - ugh. I can't wait for school to finish, I prefer having mine at home!

Sausage - ironing I am really really lucky and have a lady who 'does' . She gets paid more an hour than me, but is worth EVERY penny.

Dill - Is that your dog? Great markings

the thread was short enough so that I could mention everyone! Hi Det - cross post!

Off to make breakfast for younger teen, we are going to the childrens hospital to have his plaster cast removed - oh joy!

Bxx
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

hi All, still too soon for me to think about the mod thing. I'm trying to stay AF for the 30 days first. So far I;ve had many AF days in the past 4 wks, but haven;t gone past 9 or 11 days without having a 1 day slip. I;ll keep on working on it. And thanks to everyone for their input on this subject.
                WF

Comment

Winefree, you can do it. I had a hard time stringing 3 days together for the last 2 months, then i just decided, started taking the supps again and voila, its 22 days later! I am headed for the 30 No Problem. Come along.....

Comment

Hidden, I;m working on it once again. Day 6 here and counting.
                    Thanks for the encouragement
                    WF

Comment

Working...
                    X