AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Good morning! I'm getting it started today. Marking and running, as DG says!

DG, I didn't snap those dog pictures at will! Both were old pics. We take a lot of pictures around here, and those were just "lucky" shots!

I have not much time for checking in. Headed out to work, early today. Hope you all have a great AF day!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Dill: I too wanted to check in & let my MWO friends know that I'm doing fine. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Good morning all,

All is well in com1 land. Feeling great, attitude is actually great for a change, and looking forward to the day. Several business related problems to solve. Looking forward to it.

com1
      Com1

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Good morning friends! Sounds like everyone is doing pretty darn good!

I keep plugging away. We had a little concert for the National Day of Prayer--my son played the drums--it was really cool!

Work for me today, then get my son to a couple of his mowing jobs, then baseball practice for the other son, then a graduation reception. Graduation is Sunday, but a lot of the kids have their receptions at different times. Another graduation (college friend) tomorrow with reception/party in the evening--when I would just rather stay home and start on my garden, flower beds, etc.......

Oh, well! Time to get busy. Don't think there will be much temptation for me to drink at all these events!!

Have a great day all!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Aloha Friday ABerooos!

Glad to 'see' your smiling faces this morning.

had a great workout last night and slept like a rock. Not much else to say until caffeine levels are increased

be well my freinds
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

ps...if anyone is up for a giggle I have uploaded a new home made youtube video with my first fledgling attempts at vocals on it. eeeek! it's under the 'what we are listening to' section.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Hello all,

Quick check-in from work: I've got a sore throat, cough, bunged up (swine flu? :H) and am feeling out of sorts. I was thinking this morning that I have NO IDEA how I managed to function properly (ie hold down a job) when I was hungover most days. I suppose a cold is an improvement

Have a good day everyone!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling pretty sad. :upset: Found out yesterday that a friend of mine had died last Sunday. She'd flown to the States to visit her daughter, collapsed upon arrival and spent the rest of her days in hospital. The US doctors said she had a bad case of pneumonia that would have taken months to develop. She'd seen her GP in the UK during the spring but it went undiagnosed. I just totally can't believe it.

A group of us gathered last night, and many were 'drowning their sorrows'. I didn't fancy a drink, but I found myself feeling progressively angrier. I'm angry she's gone, I'm angry the stupid NHS failed to spot this, and I was angry that it became harder to talk to those drifting into never-never-land. AL appeared completely self-indulgent to me. The drinkers became inaccessible to the rest of us. The thing is, just one short year ago I would have been doing exactly the same thing!

I've been thinking a lot about my one-year anniversary at MWO which comes up next week. It all started with me plunging into a 14-day AF challenge. A year later my attitude and habits have changed completely. In that intervening year I've lost two friends and my father. Each time I've been sober. I absolutely shudder to think of the alternative reality that could have been this past year if I hadn't found MWO. Some kind of karma must be at work there.

In sum, I'm very sad, very angry and very grateful to be here. :l

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in as its crazy here at the moment but I am doing fine. So sorry to hear about your friend Pamina.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Hi Marshy & Pamina
                    Sorry to hear about your cold Marshy (No hot-toddies for you :-) Get well soon!
                    Pamina i'm so sorry to hear about your loss, but well done for not drowning your sorrows, and for venting your feelings, take care and have a peaceful AF w/end:-)

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

voguefit;609566 wrote: (No hot-toddies for you :-)
                      :H Whenever I was ill was about the only time I didn't drink actually (because I felt lousy enough already, I think). You've got me thinking about hot CHOCOLATE though...

Pamina, sorry to hear about your friend. You've done amazingly well to cope with what life's thrown at you in the last year and stay sober through it all.
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Hello all! Dill thanks for kicking things off today. I am totally respecting your ability to FIND your old pictures. I'm interested in anything you care to share about how you keep your pics organized so you can find them again years later. That is almost as impressive as the tongues.

Marshy, very sorry to hear you are sick. That is no fun. Hmmm - did we drink or not in the old days while sick. OK. I'll play. I drank every day rain or shine, for better or worse, in sickness and in health until death do us part. Alcohol kills germs, right? I wonder how my millions of alkies have used THAT line LOL! So...no hot chocolate days pour moi.

Pamina, that is very sad news about your friend. That would seem so.....can't even think of the words to have a friend leave on a trip to another country, and then never return. Good for you expressing rather than drowning your emotions. You've had quite a year! Your anni is next week and I believe Greenie as a Peppermint Ice Cream Day coming up shortly - one year I think this month? I'm excited about 1 year 2 weeks from today. Anyone else reaching a year this month? We done good Pamina!

Hi Vogue and rustop and Mary.

LVT - sounds like you need to be twins or something this weekend!

com1 - isn't it nice to approach business problems with a clear head and no hangover to get in your way!

Deter - I need to go check out your vid!

It's been a long day and I'm glad it's winding down. I'm heading off for a long hot shower and then fall asleep (realistically LOL!) during a mediocre movie. Tomorrow I have an AA meeting to get the day going, then orientation at the new gym, then GARDENING YAY and also making some of the food for Mother's Day lunch. We're just grilling dogs and burgers so I'm making a couple side salads and a dessert - no biggie.

Life is good. It really is. Kick my ass if I ever act like I've forgotten that, OK???

Have a great rest of the day all - and hello to hula and any other late comers!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Friday, May 8th

Pamina I am so sorry about your friend! I am really impressed that you have remained af through all that loss.
                          Yes life is good here but I must say ice had a really shitty day. I managed to take 2 chunks out of the walk in door in the garage at the cemetery this morning getting the tractor out and took the garage door out putting it away this afternoon! (go ahead its ok to laugh now)
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                          X