THANK YOU ALL for the year I've had!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for sharing this with all of us and congratulations on your AF year!!

Comment

Pamina, been wonderful having you here! I found this partial quote from your post to be particularly profound:

Moderation was ok but it was recovery-neutral, whereas 100% abs is empowering. I can't put my finger on it, but it's got to do with having control over your feelings, choices, reality at all times. Taking responsibility for yourself, at all times. Today the upshot is that I WANT to abstain and I love it!

when I reached the stage where I truly wanted an AF lifestyle my life changed also. I no longer have to push myself to be AF. I no longer do it for others, or because I think there is some perceived presence over me watching my every step. nope....I want this.

bravo dear
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Pamina,

Thank you for a wonderful post and lots of hugs to you for having come so far this year.

Sharing such a wonderful story and your success helps so many.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Pamina;613170 wrote: Dear ABland
          Aunty Mame was one of the founders of that 14-day thread - special thank you, Mame, wherever you are!!!! :thanks:
          Hey Pamina - great post and so nice to get your thanks! I haven't had a lot of time to either read or post over recent months, but I usually try to do a catch up on Friday nights. It was incredibly nice to look at this this evening (after a day of feeling incompetent at my job!!!) and feel like we all make contributions in our small ways and that we dont always know the ripple effect that they have.

So, congrats on your year, and I am very happy that you thought of me as being a part of that!!!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
          X