AF Daily Friday 22 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday 22 May

""I want to speak to the 'self-indulgence' that people seem to be feeling guilty about when their posts are self expressions about their thoughts 'on the journey'. (I have certainly posted about my journey frequently.) I am not looking to absolve myself, but think we should let go of that guilt.""

Thanks Hidden! I'm pretty sure all my posts are of the self indulgent nature! Unfortunatley I don't have time right now to take the notes and comment of everyone's comments. So......

DITTO what DG said. :H

I AM feeling better today. Good thing because I have a lot to do! I have never experienced vertigo before and it really sucks! The accupuncture takes it out of me too--I slept for 2 hours yesterday afternoon.

Truly--I love reading everyone's posts I hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!!:h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

Just popping in quickly as dashing round trying to get ready for tomorrow's trip. Couldn't miss today and Doggygirl's one year party!!!!!!!!!!!! A huge Congrats to you DG, you are our inspiration!!!

Went out last night with fourteen other females for a meal and guess what.....I was the only one not drinking!!! I'm dead chuffed with myself! Mind you, I'm stressed out to the eyeballs this afternoon, don't know if I'm meant to be hoovering, cleaning the loos, or packing my case or keeping my mother-in-law company...or finding my husband's socks!! (long story.) Anyway, the thought crossed my mind, know what you mean Floppy with the mental battle but thats all it did, crossed my mind.

Will be away for a week, off to Grindelwald, to the top of the Jungfrau and all that fresh air!!! Lovely! Thanks for picking me up again this week everyone........much love, Janicexx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

Aloha Friday ABlanders far and wide!!!!!

DoggyGirl three WOOFS! for you dear!! woof wooof wooof! you have every right to declare that from the roof tops and be mega happy.

Loppy, great work....just keep you guard up hon....your still among slippery friends/places so be extra strong.

Janice, great work too!

LVT glad the vertigo is subsiding...hope it's nothing serious.

Hiddengoal, you are mighty philosophical for this time of day I think I'll come back and re read your post after another cup of coffee.

sore as heck today but mucho happy.

be well everyone!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

Thank you Greenie, Lavande, Speedster, com1, HG, Momof3, LVT, Janice and Deter for helping make this milestone such a special one!

Greenie - I really love those random happy moments that sort of don't belong but are so enjoyable. Beats the snot out of random pissy moments that don't belong. I used to mainly have those!

Speedster I had a chuckle over your doggy pushing you for a walk. That sort of drive and "give me what I want" attitude works well for Schutzhund dogs too!

HG - you are right. I shouldn't feel so guilty about just writing out my thoughts. That's a big part of what we're all here to share, right? Going forward I'll restrict my guilt feelings to the amount of space I take doing it! :H

LVT - did the accupuncture work? I had an accupuncture treatment when I first quit smoking. The guy who did it is apparently quite accomplished and does a lot of teaching on accupuncture. He told me straight up that a single treatment is intended to take the edge off during the first few days of withdrawl. I practically slept the whole time. I don't smoke any more so I'm grateful, whatever happened there.

Janice, have fun on your vacation!

Have a super day everyone. I'm off to the gym! :b&d:

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

Well done to Loppy on the 30 days AF, in my experience as hard as those 30 days are, they really do teach you how worth it it is to be AF

I already said ti in another thread but also: well done to DG on one whole year! I hope you're as proud of yourself as eveyrbody here is of you
            The way I change the past is by not repeating it
            -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

Hi all

Quick check in from me.

Loppy - congratulations on your 30 days - great stuff

DG - 1 year AF - that is awsome, a huge well done, you are such an inspiration - what are you doing to celebrate?

Janice - have a great holiday.

Hi to everyone else too - need to get off to bed now, very tired, but i'll be back tomorrow

Sausage xx

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

Well done DG 1 year is amazing.

Please everyone keep on with the intraspective posts. Knowing what other people are feeling and thinking helps me so much.

Thanks everyone.
                Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
                AF 8 June 2012

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

Determinator;619263 wrote:
                  DoggyGirl three WOOFS! for you dear!! woof wooof wooof! you have every right to declare that from the roof tops and be mega happy.
                  and three big purrrrrrrrrs from here as well, from me, Wookie and Betty-Lou! What you have achieved over the last year is all down to you! And as many people have already noted, you are such an important and positive influence on here so thank you for that!

My absolutely madly busy time at work is coming to an end .... and taking a few days out next week to go and away and do some intensive report-writing -- hope to be back on a bit more regular basis after 2 June!! Looking forward to catching up with people again!!
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

I've had a really poignant day at the memorial service I started preparing for last weekend. Thoughts are in the process of forming on the theme of 'then and now' - how things have moved on for people in that group. I'm too tired now but will get to posting about it over the weekend. Booze plays a big part.

Way to go Loppy on the days and the thoughts. It's all coming together!!

I wanted to jump in during the 22nd to make sure I caught DG's anni. I love you too!! (for being an AF partygirl!)

:bday3: CONGRATULATIONS DOGGYGIRL inkele: :yougo:

PS. WIP, we know you're out there. Congrats to you too!

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

Thank you TG, Sausage, Loppy and MAME!!!!

TG I believe I heard your tests are all done now? Good for you! Do you have plans for the summer?

Sausage I hope you are having a good night sleep!

Loppy I wish I could visit you and share hugs with your bunnies. And Mame's kitties. Have a good trip Mame and it will be nice to *see* you more often come June. Sending you sunshine!

Thank you one and all for helping make this a very special anniversary!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 22 May

CONGRATS TO YOU, DOGGIE GIRL!!!! YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO MANY OF US!!! XOXO

Comment

Working...
                        X