Weekly AA Thread - Week of June 1 - June 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for sharing. I can relate in so many ways. Scared to ask for help, but needing to. Whether or not I am/was fully engaged with my husband. How AL came first and when/how I would get my next drink. Isolating and trying to go it alone.Can I ever drink normal or is it worth trying and on and on.

Not drinking today and taking in ODAT.

Winefree

Comment

I just wanted to share something a little frightening and a lot amazing.

I was on a plane. I had purchased a book about Fasting. It is written by a deeply religious Christian and I thought I would be put off but I picked it up anyway.

I started reading it on the plane. It talks about our struggles in life, about fasting to get "outside" of the daily life, in so many words, to get closer to God.

The book talks about GIVING, PRAYING, FASTING.

Many religions, not just Christianity, believe in those.

I sat there with my head on my fists and asked God, "Will this help me, will this help keep me sober, can I become a better person, God?" It was a simple prayer.

Right then the guy two rows in front of me got out of his seat, got into the luggage compartment and pulled out his sweatshirt and put it on. Turned his back so the view was directed right at me. It had one word written on the back.

Believe.

I am/was/will always be amazed by that "coincidence."

My Higher Power actually spoke to me and I have no doubts about that.

I must simply Believe.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Kayla, great words " not debating AAs flaws down at the pub."
        Have a great week.
        Phil
        Love and Peace,
        Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Cindi,

I just love ahh haa moments like that! Gives me a little chill (of excitement). That is a good example of why we need to be present in the moment...so we can recieve these little "signs" that prove to us we are not alone on our journey and there is SOMETHING bigger than us, helping us along.

Thank you for sharing.

R2C
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
          :h

Comment

Cindi,

Southernbelle would call that a "God Stop" moment!

I love that
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
            X