Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June Abbercisers - We're HOT HOT HOTTIES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Hotties

My stomach is settling, I'm relieved as I ended up in hospital last time!

I did a Yoga class today and then 40 mins cardio at the gym.

I haven't had time to sort out the Somers book yet, too busy running around after the oldies but will do asap.

Bets
    x
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Good to see you here Sunny! Our love of Endorphin Power will surely rub off on you as soon as you return from vacation!! :b&d: Seriously - I never thought I would like exercise but have really come to love how it makes me feel, if not the actual exercise itself LOL! It helps keeping drinking and smoking cigs far away from my mind.

free bird, that book is a good start. There are suggestions in the book that might help in your quest to find a doctor. There are a couple of other ways... The compounding pharmacy (a national one) where I get my hormones is called Women's International Pharmacy. If you google for the link and go to their site, there is a referral system where you can input your zip code and they will send you a list of doctors that prescribe through them in your area. Of course they don't know anything about the quality of those docs, but it would be a list to start with of docs who you know are doing BHRT. There are also some Thyroid doctor lists out on the net - you might look at Stop the Thyroid Madness - The truth about thyroid and thyroid treatment. You can also google for anti-aging doctors although some of those are sort of capitalizing on the Suzanne Somers demand and are a bit unscrupulous so just exercise good judgement and follow any gut feelings you have! I was lucky. I called our naturopathic vet and said "I need a people doctor who is just like you" and she immediately gave me the name of the doc I'm using. Gotta love a good vet.

SB - so very glad to hear your tummy is settling down!

I had another nice day at the gym yesterday taking my time and doing a thorough upper body workout as planned, along with 10 min cardio warm up and 20 minute cardio finish. And stretching. I've forgotten about stretching lately and I remembered to do it yesterday at the very end of it all. Today is a planned rest day in preparation for Personal Torturer(tm) Driven Lower Body Workout tomorrow.

:b&d: Have a great day all!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

You're all out exercising madly aren't you? Not sitting on the sofa. Hmmm...

I went on my first ride with my cycling group yesterday. It was great - beautiful sunny day, lovely countryside in one of the wealthy areas outside London, lots of huge houses, expensive cars, people on horses, boating on the river... How the other half lives! We did 33 miles at a fairly easy pace, and I was happy I had no problems keeping up with everyone. I was glad to get off the bike at the end though. I think I'll do a few more at that kind of distance before I try anything more challenging.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Well done Marshy!

I've been waylaid with 'womens things' again. I have a 21 day cycle, so at the minute I can only exercise 2 weeks out of 3 - very frustrating!

DG-I have managed to get 'AGELESS' and am wading my way through it - did you post somewhere what the process was for you re testing etc?.

Will hopefully have something to report exercise wise this week.

Bets
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X