Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday June 4

Evening all

Hugs to you, Mary. I just sat with a medic guy tonight talking about my dad's illness and how stressful that was. It was so comforting that he knew exactly what I was saying. I still can't believe it's only a year ago that I was trying to work out how to cope with that stress. And that it gave me enough motivation to manage those precious first AF months that lay the foundations for new habits. Sobriety will give you the strength you need, Mary.

I've been practicing more new habits, ODAT. I practice saying no. I practice speaking up. And I practice letting others get angry without freaking out. I practiced again today, it's not easy, but I'm getting more used to forcing myself thru that discomfort barrier and into the new. None of this would be possible without sobriety. It is the foundation for all these other bits of wellness, for which I'm so grateful, again, today.

Det, I haven't gone thru what you describe falling asleep but I've had weird experiences waking up. For me it seemed to be stress related.

Welcome to new faces :welcome: This is great place to hang out!

Comment

Extra note: won't be able to check in tomorrow most likely - I have work followed by sims 3 all evening this also explaisn why I wished you all a good weekend on a thursday, I won't see anybody til saturday at the earliest. Anyway, enjoy whats left of your week

-TG
      The way I change the past is by not repeating it
      -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Hi abbers!

Mary that is a difficult situation. I went through my mother being alone at her home with the help of hospice (and me). My dad's in a nursing home now. Once I said sadly "I guess I'm at the age where all my friend's parents are dying." He said "Don't feel bad honey, I'm at the age where all my FRIENDS are dying" and laughed. They say attitude is everything.

Paula and TG, congratulations on your af & sh achievements.

No barking lot this evening. Raining. I think I'll curl up on the couch with tea and a book after dinner. 7PM isn't too early for my robe is it?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
        X